1.    #1  
    I have a treo 700wx on sprint and microsoft server 2003 enterprise and exchange 2003 with all the service packs now the issue is that it only syncs with the server when i hit send receive manually even though it is set for as item arrives i searched everywher but i cant figure out what to do, I really really need this to work/

Thanksin Advance
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Have you actually experienced receving an e-mail on the server and not being notified on the device?

Have you checked your scheduling options? (peak & off peak)

As far as the server side software, I really have no idea how it works.
    I had a similar problem over the weekend. The settings were correct (as items arrive) and the IT guy told me that the server was set up correctly, but for 3-5 days the email was not pushing - I would sync manually and find there were several emails from an hour earlier. When it is pushing the mail, sometimes it will come to the Treo before it gets to my laptop, so that is not a normal thing for it to be delayed so long.

I did a soft reset (several times) and even changed the schedule to very 5 minutes, waited for it to sync and then re-set it to as itmes arrive, and that didn't seem to change the problem.

Now, for an unknown reason all is well. So, I'm at a loss to explain the trouble.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Have you actually experienced receving an e-mail on the server and not being notified on the device?

Have you checked your scheduling options? (peak & off peak)

As far as the server side software, I really have no idea how it works.

yes i tested it all different ways but i only receive an email if i hit send receive
    the schedule is set to as item arrives for on and off peak

it probably is something with the server i searched everwhere i cant find what to do anyone that knows what this could be or where i can find or call for help with this i need guidance desperately.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gutmcha View Post
    yes i tested it all different ways but i only receive an email if i hit send receive
    the schedule is set to as item arrives for on and off peak

it probably is something with the server i searched everwhere i cant find what to do anyone that knows what this could be or where i can find or call for help with this i need guidance desperately.

Thanks
    I had the same issue with my 700w about a year ago. My IT guys swore up and down that the server was configured properly. then the head IT switched from blackberry to a WM device and he realized that he didnt have the server set up like he thought.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I had the same issue with my 700w about a year ago. My IT guys swore up and down that the server was configured properly. then the head IT switched from blackberry to a WM device and he realized that he didnt have the server set up like he thought.
    Could u find out what settings he changed i dont have anywhere else to look for a solution
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    You can turn up logging on your device that may give you some hints. This is done from the activesync "Configure Server" menu.. then select next then select advanced.. Turn logging to verbose...

The logging can be found in the windows\activesync directory...

See this Technet article

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sol...oy/msfp_c.mspx

Good Exchange admin stuff in there too..