Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Hi!

first post here

I have a 700wx with Sprint and things are fine when not roaming and using EVDO. However, if I'm roaming and I have a 1xRTT session going (even if it's in the background), my phone doesn't ring when someone calls and the call goes straight to voicemail. If my phone is in standby for a while, the call goes through normally.

Does anyone know if this behavior is normal? Is there a workaround?
    Oh, and I do not have the "Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session" box checked.
    all calls go to voice mail while using 1x data. only evdo data can be broke with an incoming call. roaming has nothing to do with it.
    I thought Verizon had a way around that...
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. Coming from GSM, I didn't even see that coming. Thankfully, I'm on EVDO most of the time.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtravbx View Post
    I thought Verizon had a way around that...
    It's true that Verizon has CDPD which allows a voice call to go thru even if active data is on in a 1xRTT connection. (BTW, as of a few months ago Verizon was still in the process of rolling it out so there may still some areas that lack this feature.) However, there's no promise that it will work if you roam from Sprint since Sprint doesn't have CDPD. The OP should contact Sprint on this.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607