Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have not found anyone using the fake server fix on the 700wx specifically. I have tried it and it does not work. I have seen that others have tried it also and it doesnt work. Any suggestions?
    700wx - "dazed and confused"
    How many times have you created and deleted fake server.
    I agree it doesn't work for me on the VZW 700W or 700WX.

Used to work on the W before the April 2006 MSFP updated ROM
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    very odd.It works for me.I did notice after softreset it does become active again.
  5.    #5  
    I have tried it three times and it has never worked on my 700wx. Will the toggle switch work on the 700wx or just the pc. I dont care if I need to buy an application to fix it. I just want it to stop.

Thanks guys,

Chris.
    Im sure a Script expert over at the (Fun with mortscript thread)would be more then happy to help.Right now I'm slammed

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132525
    quick and dirty with mortscript...checks to see if activesync is running once a second and kills if it is running...use at your own risk

Code:
    # Kill Activesync if it starts

While (1)
    x= ProcExists("repllog.exe")
    If (x)
    Kill("repllog.exe")
    EndIf

Sleep (1000)
    Endwhile
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I Like It
    Making a fake server and deleting it has never worked for me. Tried it about 5 times and gave up. I don't have any experience with Mortscript so I doubt I will be using it. From what I've heard, it's a no-go on the 700wx.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    I noticed that the fake server thing only worked on the original software version of the 700w - once it was upgraded, it no longer works.
    you know i didn't want to bring this up earlier, but when others told me about this i never got it to work either. it did work last year on the ppc6700 but never on the sprint wx.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all the quick replies guys. I have checked a few times this afternoon and activesync has not been on. Maybee it worked. The mortscript looks pretty cool but it just as well be in russian for me. I'm just lost with that.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    So there is no way to do this other then mortscript? I have no idea how to use that, but this is annoying the hell out of me.

The fake server thing worked great on my 700w, but now that I've upgraded to the 700wx, Activesync randomly launches itself all the time.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    What is the downside of Active sync running in the background? battery? memory?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
    What is the downside of Active sync running in the background? battery? memory?
    All of that. Plus, I never use Activesync. I use wireless sync for my PI and it's stupid that Activesync runs in the background for no reason at all.
    will try to get a mortscript cab install solution for you later this week to make it easier
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    quick and dirty with mortscript...checks to see if activesync is running once a second and kills if it is running...use at your own risk

Code:
    # Kill Activesync if it starts

While (1)
    x= ProcExists("repllog.exe")
    If (x)
    Kill("repllog.exe")
    EndIf

Sleep (1000)
    Endwhile
    Nice, but there is no need to check every second. Once a minute would be fine and you will need a way to check if it should actually be running before trying to kill it.
    I'm new to the Treo 700WX and I to have probems with
    the fake server fix. For some reason I can't even get
    to save the server and I never get to the point of
    being able to click on schedule button. If someone
    can fix this let me know.

My Activesync fix is a registery hack. Please backup,
    write down, cut and paste or wrap your PPC in a
    condom. What ever you do to protect it before doing
    this hack.

/hklm/System/ActiveSync/Engines/{176F4....567B}/Settings

Delete SyncAFterTime (I tried to change the value to 0
    but that didn't help so I opted to delete the whole
    thing)

I'm sorry if my fix has been posted before. I tried to
    search for it but nothing came up. I figured this out
    myself. I've been testing it for a few days with no
    ill effects. I'm surprised it was so simple and so
    obvious that no one else posted it.
    Activesync starts again, fix or not, if you have "enable network time" selcted in your clock settings. Try disabling that.

That registry edit probably does the same thing, not sure. First I've seen it.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Another one here for the "used to work, now it doesn't" list.

For me, it comes on whenever I cycle the radio or do a soft reset, but once killed it doesn't come back.

Being on a 700W though, I'm pretty religious about holding "OK" and killing everything during normal operation, so its a very rare occasion that I see activesync being a problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast