Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Twice now, I have picked up my 750 and found that I missed a few calls. Then, when I checked the volume, I found that it was set to maximum and the sound on/off was switched to on, but the phone wouldn't make any sound - trying to play any of the sounds resulted in silence, and I didn't even get the normal buz when I turned the sound off with the slider button. Messing with the sound switch or volume slider didn't help. I popped out the battery and retured it, and everything started working fine again.

So, is this a problem that I should be able to fix by messing with a setting or software, or do I have a bad phone?
    It's a know issue with no fix right now.

Some say turning off the Voice Command application does help stop it from occurring.
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

Click here and help me by donating online.
    I find that after using my BT headset and VC for voice dialing, I have to soft reset in order to get my sound back. A PIA for sure, but I guess I have to live with it. What's even worse is that even VC will stop working properly during a given amount of time.

While, I love the form factor and the "Treo experience", I have to say that in my 6 year experience with WM devices, the Treo is by far the buggiest device I have ever owned. It makes the KJAM look positively rock solid!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    For some reason I used to experience the sound problems. Now, I still have SPB software installed as well as Voice Command and Bluetooth running and have not encountered any sound issues since. Not sure what it is though.
    You're definitely not the only one...

http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=43546
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    After posting here, I checked around and found out about the Voice Command issue. I didn't even know that I had it turned on. I've turned it off, and hope that this takes care of the problem.