1.    #1  
    I've read through lots of posts and can't quite seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I know (or at least understand after reading these posts) that VC via Bluetooth doesn't work on the 700wx or at least doesn't work well enough to really use. I don't really care if VC works or not through BT. I'm trying to find out if the 700wx supports voice tags. One of my coworkers has a PPC-6700 which has voice tag support. When I called Sprint to inquire about the pricing of upgrading my phone (Treo 650) they really tried to push the 700wx to me but since it didn't support VC via BT I told them I wasn't interested. More than one rep told me that their 700wx supported what they described as voice dialing through BT. I asked each of them to describe to me what they were doing and they said;

1) Press "button" on BT headset
    2) Speak contact (might be speed dial) name
    3) Phone confirms contact
    4) Phone dials contact

In short, I want to be able to initiate a call from my BT headset. I don't really care exactly what system/software is in use to make that happen.

I was interested in the 6700 because of this but considering it's not in stock anywhere and has already been listed as EOL from Sprint I started looking towards it's replacement, the 6800. However, I'm not sure I really want to wait till May/June to order it. We started using some new encryption software on our phones where I work and it's caused some severe useability problems with my 650 as a phone.

TIA for any and all answers.
    microsoft voice command is software that uses your voice to make commands. it does not require "voice tags". it comes perprogramed with the abaility to understand lots of words without any help from you. the treo wx does this, but not through bluetooth.

voice tags are simmilar, but not as advanced. voice tags are recording your voice and assigning it to a command. i like this better cause it doesnt have as many errors. for example john and don are to close for voice voice command not to get confused. i would record some thing like "john boy" and assign it to john. i could even do something like "donny" for don.
    Last edited by codyppc; 02/25/2007 at 07:37 AM.
  3.    #3  
    To Codyppc,

Thanks. I understand the difference between the two. I also understand that VC via Bluetooth doesn't work, at least where the 700wx is concerned, even with Hannips recent BT "upgrade" (the thread for which I've been eagerly devouring as more info becomes available). I'm trying to find out if there's any way, using voice tags, etc, to touch a button on my BT headset, speak a name/word/phrase/etc, and have the phone dial it for me.

In my profession I spend a lot of time driving from location to location and even finding a speed dial key can be interesting when motoring down a crowded highway. That's why I'd prefer to have some form of BT enabled voice dialing but I don't want to give up the convergence I got when I purchased the 650. It's really nice having my e-mail, calendar, music, videos, web access (albeit limited), bible, books, etc. all on one device.
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    To Codyppc,

Thanks. I understand the difference between the two. I also understand that VC via Bluetooth doesn't work, at least where the 700wx is concerned, even with Hannips recent BT "upgrade" (the thread for which I've been eagerly devouring as more info becomes available). I'm trying to find out if there's any way, using voice tags, etc, to touch a button on my BT headset, speak a name/word/phrase/etc, and have the phone dial it for me.

In my profession I spend a lot of time driving from location to location and even finding a speed dial key can be interesting when motoring down a crowded highway. That's why I'd prefer to have some form of BT enabled voice dialing but I don't want to give up the convergence I got when I purchased the 650. It's really nice having my e-mail, calendar, music, videos, web access (albeit limited), bible, books, etc. all on one device.
    this is what we call bt voice dialing. when you hit the button on your bluetooth head set and it dials a number.

there is no way to do any sort of voice tag on the wx, sprint of version. in fact no treo what so ever.

you need to buy the 6700 or wait for the 6800. plian and simple. sorry

voice tags are used with a program called cybron voice commander. which does not work on the treo. either one of these will work on the 6700. cybron comes with the phone and does bt dialing with tags. voice command from microsoft 1.5 can be used with bt and a reg hack, but voice command 1.6 works with bt without hacks.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. That's what I needed to hear. I hadn't thought it was possible but after speaking to three seperate Sprint CSRs I started thinking there might be some other way to get it done.
    The above is true.... but you can operate totally hands-free with a wired headset. This works well for driving.

I am thinking of just leaving the wired headset in the car and using it while driving and using the BT headset otherwise. I think this will work well for me.