Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Over at ppcgeeks (http://www.ppcgeeks.com/threaded-sms...man-t3096.html) I found this this thread that reads: With all the difficulty (BS) surrounding the PALM THREADED SMS APPLICATION and while researching the app, I stumbled across a threaded SMS alternative. As popular as threaded SMS seems to be, I'm SURE many people on here have seen it, but I could find not even 1 instance of it being mentioned on this forum (based on my SEARCH results). Here is the website: http://benhirashima.com/software/
    It works great for me! If anyone has the sms threaded beta 4 please send me a copy at mrtreo@bellsouth.net
    Last edited by mrjerome; 02/25/2007 at 03:38 PM.
    Sprint Kyocera QCP 6035 -> T-Mobile Motorola V600 -> T-Mobile PocketPC -> T-Mobile HP6315 -> T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t -> T-Mobile Treo 600 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> Verizon Treo 650 -> Treo700w -> Treo 700wx/Treo700p -> BlackBerry 8830
    What are you talking about? What "BS" surrounding the threaded SMS app.?
    requires:

Make sure you have the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 installed.

pain in the neck imo....I have also asked about this app and the palm SMS is fully integrated with your phone
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    There is no BS. It's a hack that requires a little research and effort. And very little, at that. Your alternative is not new and requires CF to run. I think CF just slows down the phone and it wastes a LOT of memory. I have installed the beta 4 file and it runs perfectly with no cf hogging the memory.
    the only bs is that there is a better app out there for sms threading. I, as well as MANY OTHERS, have tried all sorts of different versions. there is no better sms app than the one palm has. in fact it is one of the most popular feature from palm.

like said in the post above mine. net framework is a no go for me for sure. there are other nice looking apps out there that i will never use do to net frame work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjerome View Post
    : http://benhirashima.com/software/
    It works great!:[/SIZE]thumbsup:
    the link doesnt work. i was going to see which app you were refering to so i could post links to where we talked about this app before.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    What are you talking about? What "BS" surrounding the threaded SMS app.?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    There is no BS. It's a hack that requires a little research and effort. And very little, at that. Your alternative is not new and requires CF to run. I think CF just slows down the phone and it wastes a LOT of memory. I have installed the beta 4 file and it runs perfectly with no cf hogging the memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    the only bs is that there is a better app out there for sms threading. I, as well as MANY OTHERS, have tried all sorts of different versions. there is no better sms app than the one palm has. in fact it is one of the most popular feature from palm.

like said in the post above mine. net framework is a no go for me for sure. there are other nice looking apps out there that i will never use do to net frame work.

I was the original poster of this thread over at ppcgeeks (http://www.ppcgeeks.com/threaded-sms...man-t3096.html).

The "BS" I was referring to is the difficulty of trying to acquire the hack and the allegation that "Palm claims this is in conflict with their Intellectual Property rights." To me this constitutes "BS".

Anyway, I have tried TxtMan and it sucks BIG time compared to the Palm hack.
    Ok, I have a Sprint 700Wx, can someone PM me or email (davidosa1 at gmail.com) with the Palm SMS Cab file.
    It's been removed from earlier threads.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    mrjerome, thank you for clearing that up.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    can someone pleaseEEEE send me the cab file, id be every so grateful ...
    email : tosman@umd.edu

thanks again.
    I would like the cab file as well for the palm sms. My email is davidc@usa.net thanks.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    1337, please send me the cab files for beta4. Thank you.

richard_chao@yahoo.com
    Please send me the cab files for beta4. Thank you.

Jodiedicie@aol.com
    Purdy Please email me SMS cab to beaugm@sccoast.net
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Me to Please send me the cab files for beta4. Thank you.
    germster@gmail.com
    Could someone pretty please PM me the SMS thread hack for the 700wx. I've been using a 650 and 700p since they came out and I'm wondering if I should have "left the palm os fold". Thanks. My email is iefesq@sprintpcs.com. Thanks again
    Could someone please send me the cab files for beta4 (ahoop24@gmail.com)? Thanks!
    Could someone please send me the cab files for beta4? Send to youcaughtme@gmail.com. Thanks!
    beta4 please

dj_hustla@hotmail.com

Thanks!
    Hello, I am new to Treo Central. Can someone please send me the Palm SMS hack?

Thank you and I look forward to our future discussions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast