1.    #1  
    I am confused over the On Demand service. I am mostly worried about incurring unexpected fees of what type or another. Several things seem to start up first time with a "trial."

So I am at risk for any fees, or would I have to specifcaly agree to all of them before I am charged each time?
    news weather and sports are free.

get the rest for $4.99 = tax

i quit using it cause it reguires net frame work. slows my device down too much. plus the auto update thing didn't work. i do miss the 411
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post

So I am at risk for any fees, or would I have to specifcaly agree to all of them before I am charged each time?
    after the first 30 days the other things will simply quit working. on the wx it will require your credit card to renew the other apps.

dont worry, it is safe.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    after the first 30 days the other things will simply quit working. on the wx it will require your credit card to renew the other apps.

dont worry, it is safe.
    Thanks. That's what I needed to know - no charges to my phone account, so there will be no surprises.

I wish they'd make it a little clearer.
    on the 700p you could have charged these services onto your account. maybe even by accident. with the wx it cant be done this way. it must go through the creidt card. i tried really hard to get it to go to my account automaticly and sprint said it couldnt happen. i hten could have got it for free since my emplorer pays my bills. lol
    Hmmmm. . . . . my $4.99 for On Demand is charged to my Sprint invoice. I ordered it online thru the Sprint web site. (I have a 700P, but I don't know why that should not make a difference.)

Yes, when I had Handmark Pocket Express -- that was charged to my credit card . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Thanks. That's what I needed to know - no charges to my phone account, so there will be no surprises.

I wish they'd make it a little clearer.
    id second what codyppc said. it requires .net framework which slows the treo to a crawl. definitely not worth it imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Hmmmm. . . . . my $4.99 for On Demand is charged to my Sprint invoice. I ordered it online thru the Sprint web site. (I have a 700P, but I don't know why that should not make a difference.)

Yes, when I had Handmark Pocket Express -- that was charged to my credit card . . . . .

the 700p has a tie with content manager. thus you can go to the dsite and add to your account. this cant be done with the wm 5 phones.
    Last edited by codyppc; 02/25/2007 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    id second what codyppc said. it requires .net framework which slows the treo to a crawl. definitely not worth it imo.
    this wasn't the case on the 700p. it didn't require the net frame work. it ran just as fast as the other apps. kind of. lol
    the 700p has a tie with content manager. thus you can go to the dsite and add to your account. this cant be done with the wm 5 phones.

Well, as my 14 year old daughter says. . . . . ."That's Sucky."
    this wasn't the case on the 700p. it didn't require the net frame work. it ran just as fast as the other apps. kind of. lol
    That is true. I saw it on a 700P and it looked rather slick. Thats why I tried the WM version and .net CF slowed my machine to a crawl
    I used it for a day and never used again.
    On Demand on the WM base treo is a big lag.

Phil C
    news weather and sports are free.

get the rest for $4.99 = tax

i quit using it cause it reguires net frame work. slows my device down too much. plus the auto update thing didn't work. i do miss the 411
    Theater guides for movies are free too!