1.    #1  
    To anyone still debating this, Don't.

The 700wx is everything the 700w should have been. Now it's a great phone and a good PDA.

I'm typing this on the Treo in Internet Explorer, while running PocketInformant, Outlook, Resco Explorer, Wisbar Adv, Phone Alarm, and SPBDiary, and I have 20GB of RAM free.

I haven't validated the old BT problems are fixed, but I'm betting they are a lot better.

trio
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Agreed!! I owned 3 700w's on 15 day trials from Verizon because I like the Treo form factor so much. I could never get it to work the way I like it and had to settle for the Q.

Now I'm very pleased!! Very close to the perfect phone for me!! I have all of the programs running that I never could run on the 700w and the thing still flies.

What a huge difference! Never have to worry about memory again!
    Go Bucks!
    Wow...I wish I had the 20Gig version. Someone had to say it.
    That's the 700xxx
    700xxx?

Nah, it'll have a reasonable name, but VZW will find new ways to cripple the devices by the time we get to something that large.
    Hmmm...a Treo with 20GB of memory...slobber...

I know you meant 20MB available...
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Hmmm...a Treo with 20GB of memory...slobber...

I know you meant 20MB available...
    funny. I guess these days MegaBytes feel as inconsequential as KB. (except when it concerns treo memory)

It was 20MB, just so no one thinks I was joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    funny. I guess these days MegaBytes feel as inconsequential as KB. (except when it concerns treo memory)

It was 20MB, just so no one thinks I was joking.
    I doubt anyone was confused here... but it WAS fun!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Missed it, darn it.
    I have a 700w and am getting a WX. Can I transfer everything by using Sprite Backup or do I need to reinstall everything?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd View Post
    I have a 700w and am getting a WX. Can I transfer everything by using Sprite Backup or do I need to reinstall everything?
    Thanks.
    The general consensus here is "Reinstall everything." I didn't want to do it either, but it really isn't all that bad. Your reward for doing it the right way is a shiny new WX with no problems.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd View Post
    Thanks.
    I think the trick is to reinstall everything, but first use Sprite to selectively restore just your Program Files and My Docements folders over to the 700wx. This way you get most of your programs settings and personal data over.
    I'm glad hear that the 700wx feels like a big upgrade to the 700w. I ordered the new device because there are a lot of programs that I'd like to run concurrently. I'd like to leave up my company VPN and messaging program off-shift and I can't do that with my 700w without closing out other apps. I've also limited "push" email because there is an inherent memory leak.

Another migration hint: zip up copies of "windows\favorites" and "windows\start menu\programs".