1.    #1  
    I have a blue tooth stereo headset and when paired with my 700wx I am getting random music skipping. It seems to only happen for a short period of time and then resolves itself after about ten seconds, but it does re-occur frequently enough to become annoying. I contacted Palm and they suggested I go to the store and try a different unit. so I transfered my sd card to a new unit and paired my bluetooth head set. The same issue. It would seem this may be a built in bug that has not been taken care of. Is anybody else experiencing this?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I know in my experience with Palm and bluetooth things can be very flaky. Some bluetooth devices don't seem to play nice... I know folks have had a lot of success with the Moto850 stereo headset, which one do you have?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoliz View Post
    I know in my experience with Palm and bluetooth things can be very flaky. Some bluetooth devices don't seem to play nice... I know folks have had a lot of success with the Moto850 stereo headset, which one do you have?
    Sony HBH-DS970. I was on the phone with two people at Palm level 2 tech support and neither of them believe that the VZW WX even supports A2DP. I took them to thier own press release where it specifically said it does. they are elevating the issue themselves to get an answer.
    you might want to play with the bitpool settings. I noticed the vzw 700wx doesn't include any a2dp settings at all so I wonder what the default settings are that you are getting. When I have the bitpool set at 40 I have zero skipping issues and still very good quality music.

Here is a mortscript I wrote that allows you to try various a2dp settings. It is dependent on MortScript being install which imo everyone should do.

http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...18&action=list

Steps:
    1) Install the PPC version of MortScript. It is very small so I suggest you install it to device storage.
    2) Uzip A2DP.zip and copy A2DP.mscr to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript folder.
    3) Go to Start->Programs->MortScript and click on A2DP.mscr to run.
    You will get a menu of choices:

High Quality (bitpool 48)
    Good Quality (bitpool 40)
    Fair Quality (bitpool 30)
    Joint Stereo (bitpool 30)

Select the desired one and hit the Ok button. Then turn off/on your bluetooth and your bt headphones to activate the change.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #5  
    When you pair a blue tooth headset to Verizons WX, it does list stereo headset as supported. Additionally, when you pair the two a musical note surrounded by a headet appears at the top of the screen and you get a connected notification. Why would you get these two prompts if it didnt support A2DP? Did the Sprint version do that?
    The vzw stack most definitely supports A2DP.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    you might want to play with the bitpool settings. I noticed the vzw 700wx doesn't include any a2dp settings at all so I wonder what the default settings are that you are getting. When I have the bitpool set at 40 I have zero skipping issues and still very good quality music.

Here is a mortscript I wrote that allows you to try various a2dp settings. It is dependent on MortScript being install which imo everyone should do.

http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...18&action=list

Steps:
    1) Install the PPC version of MortScript. It is very small so I suggest you install it to device storage.
    2) Uzip A2DP.zip and copy A2DP.mscr to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript folder.
    3) Go to Start->Programs->MortScript and click on A2DP.mscr to run.
    You will get a menu of choices:

High Quality (bitpool 48)
    Good Quality (bitpool 40)
    Fair Quality (bitpool 30)
    Joint Stereo (bitpool 30)

Select the desired one and hit the Ok button. Then turn off/on your bluetooth and your bt headphones to activate the change.

That seams to have stabalized it. Many thanks. I wonder if Palm will release a patch on this.
    Good to hear. Hehe, Palm doesn't even know the treo 700wx supports A2DP. I don't think a patch will be coming any time soon.
  9.    #9  
    Good to hear. Hehe, Palm doesn't even know the treo 700wx supports A2DP. I don't think a patch will be coming any time soon.
    You are getting zero skipps at a 40 bit rate? It is without a doubt better, but still not 100% stable.
    Not a single skip unless I stick my head in the fridge.

I don't notice any issues until I go up to a bitpool of 48 and then it's rare.
    I don't get the stereo option with my BT set. its moto 700.
  12.    #12  
    Not a single skip unless I stick my head in the fridge.

I don't notice any issues until I go up to a bitpool of 48 and then it's rare.
    I wonder if my treo is defective then. Or maybe the settings didnt take?
  13.    #13  
    Hannip, you're using the 750 right?
    have you tried a different BT headset? perhaps it's the sony. Palm devices have historically been very choosy about which headsets it wants to play nice with.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    have you tried a different BT headset? perhaps it's the sony. Palm devices have historically been very choosy about which headsets it wants to play nice with.
    I was thinking that should be my next step.