Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I am trying to get Bluetooth DUN working on my VZW 700wx and just cant seem to get it to connect.. I can pair the device, I can add the DUN service, but when it tries to dial, i just get various connection errors. I see it trying to connect on the Treo, but it just disconnects.

the various XP error DUN messages are:
    619 - a connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port was closed
    629 - the connection was closed by the remote computer
    678 - the remote computer did not respond
    691 - invalid username and PW (I tried no UN/PW, web/web, your_phone_number@vzw3g.com/vzw)
    777 - the connection failed becuase the modem on the remote computer is out of order

I must be missing something, I just cant get this to work.

Anyone have any ideas on how to to get this working? (BTW, I am on Windows XP SP2 with an IBM Thinkpad X40)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiz View Post
    I am trying to get Bluetooth DUN working on my VZW 700wx and just cant seem to get it to connect.. I can pair the device, I can add the DUN service, but when it tries to dial, i just get various connection errors. I see it trying to connect on the Treo, but it just disconnects.

the various XP error DUN messages are:
    619 - a connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port was closed
    629 - the connection was closed by the remote computer
    678 - the remote computer did not respond
    691 - invalid username and PW (I tried no UN/PW, web/web, your_phone_number@vzw3g.com/vzw)
    777 - the connection failed becuase the modem on the remote computer is out of order

I must be missing something, I just cant get this to work.

Anyone have any ideas on how to to get this working? (BTW, I am on Windows XP SP2 with an IBM Thinkpad X40)
    Are you setting it to dial just 777 or #777?

The correct one is #777.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Are you setting it to dial just 777 or #777?

The correct one is #777.
    sorry.. should have said that in the original post.. I have been trying #777 and it does not work.

I must be missing something...
    Heres a bump from someone else with the same problem.