1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to get tethering to work on a new Windows Vista HP laptop?

Verizon added unlimited tethering to my plan for an additional $15 a month. Even though I have an unlimited Data plan already.

They told me the CD that came with the phone should do the trick but it is not compatable with Vista.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    what are u paying 15 a month for?? you can do it via a bluetooth dongle, or even usb on the wx.... or if ur stuck without anything just use PDANET... i got the unlimited data and it works perfectly. the 15 month extra is a sucker thing for people who have no idea they can tether without it
    The VZWAccess Manager software works while tethering even if you don't subscribe to the Broadband Access tethering plan? Can't they detect it-- particularly if you are using their software?

Is there another software alternative that can be used via USB sync cable? Will PDANet work with the 700wx? IS there anything else out there that will work other than via ActiveSync?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    what are u paying 15 a month for?? you can do it via a bluetooth dongle, or even usb on the wx.... or if ur stuck without anything just use PDANET... i got the unlimited data and it works perfectly. the 15 month extra is a sucker thing for people who have no idea they can tether without it

I appreciate the response but you did not address my question.

And NO, the WX does not work right now with my Vista OS. I'm well aware of the possibility of me tethering without the additional $15 but would rather be honest and up front about it.

So anyone have any real answers or ideas?
    Verizon's website promises compatibility with Vista by April, 2007.