Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Ok, here's the scoop...

    For the 700wx (VZW) I have the $100 NE2 discount, and a mail-in rebate (Promotion code 07-006, valid for purchases through 3/31/07)

    While other discounts such as $100 for having a combo voice/data plan have been mentioned here, I'm unable to confirm anything else with VZW.

    Does anyone here have additional detail such as the promo code?

    (for the record, the wx smokes the w. I'm glad I upgraded!)
  2. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #2  
    I'm pm'd you back about how you can get the combined voice/data discount.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I'm pm'd you back about how you can get the combined voice/data discount.
    I'll post the results here when the rep calls back. Thanks for the info!
  4.    #4  
    Update: The EXTRA $100 is available with stand-alone voice/data plans. I wasn on a family share, but decided to raise my usage and separate the plans. (I needed the minutes, so it works out)

    At the end of all this, I officially come out approx $50 UP by upgrading to the WX and selling the W on ebay.

    THANK YOU, PSYWZRD!!
  5. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #5  
    You're more than welcome - glad you got it. And you came out $50 ahead? I'm beyond jealous!!!
  6. mixman's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #6  
    psywzrd, what's the voice/data discount? The individual plans vs. adding data on a family plan?
  7. #7  
    pm me also please
  8. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    psywzrd, what's the voice/data discount? The individual plans vs. adding data on a family plan?
    If you're on a voice/data plan or switch to a voice/data plan (basically, a bundled plan), you get an additional $100 off if you're cashing in your NE2 discount - you need to ask for this discount though because a lot of CSRs don't know about it (apparently it's not widely publicized but it definitely exists). With the 700wx, you get it for the NE2 price of $499 minus the $100 NE2 discount. minus a $100 mail-in rebate, minus the $100 for the bundled plan - that brings it down to $199. That's a great price - too bad my NE2 isn't up yet though .
  9. Midwife's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #9  
    I was just in my neighborhood VZW store and was told that the additional voice/data plan discount was only available if you didn't already have a voice/data plan. I have unlimited data with voice now for my Treo 600. I am eligible for NE2 and ready to make the WX plunge but would like to get the best price possible. Are you sure you can get it if you already have a bundled plan and if so, what is best way to do so? Thanks!
  10. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife View Post
    I was just in my neighborhood VZW store and was told that the additional voice/data plan discount was only available if you didn't already have a voice/data plan. I have unlimited data with voice now for my Treo 600. I am eligible for NE2 and ready to make the WX plunge but would like to get the best price possible. Are you sure you can get it if you already have a bundled plan and if so, what is best way to do so? Thanks!

    I'm as sure as I can be considering that's what 2 CSRs told me. You'll have much better luck speaking to someone on the phone rather than dealing with the pinheads that work in the VZW B&Ms. You should be able to get the 700wx for $199.
  11. #11  
    Does anyone have a link to the rebate form (thanks Psy)? I want to read teh fine print.
  12. #12  
    My price for the phone was $399 - NE2 ($100) - $100 rebate.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the rebate form (thanks Psy)? I want to read teh fine print.
    The rebate form prints at the register if you buy from a VZW store. However, for more information you may be able to get it at the rebate website: www.verizonwireless.com/rebates or call 800-457-0864. The offer is "Promotion Code 07-006"

    Here is the confirmed max discount:
    $499 on a 2 year agreement
    -$100 NE2 Discount
    -$100 Mail-in Rebate (purchase by 3/31/07) - No minimum requirement
    -$100 Discount (issued by VZW store) if you have a combination voice/data plan. It does not have to be a new plan but MUST be a combo, not FamilyShare + data. I changed my plan to a combo plan a few hours after my purchase, and the rep placed a credit on my account. DO NOT COUNT ON THIS method though... Change to the combo plan before you buy the wx.

    Yes, you can get the 700wx for $199. (I did)

    If you have a 700w in excellent condition, you can still get between $250-$290 for it on ebay. After sales tax on the new unit and ebay fees, you will come out $25-$50 UP in the process.

    Enjoy!

    NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
  14. #14  
    My reciept printed without a rebate. I guess that means its not for me?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    My reciept printed without a rebate. I guess that means its not for me?
    It could be regional. Best bet is to call the rebate center and ask about getting a form for promotion code 07-006 or registering for it online.

    NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
  16. Midwife's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I'm as sure as I can be considering that's what 2 CSRs told me. You'll have much better luck speaking to someone on the phone rather than dealing with the pinheads that work in the VZW B&Ms. You should be able to get the 700wx for $199.
    I ordered one tonight by phone and got the $199 price . I didn't have to hassle at all. That was what I was immediately quoted.
  17. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife View Post
    I ordered one tonight by phone and got the $199 price . I didn't have to hassle at all. That was what I was immediately quoted.

    Show-off!
  18. Midwife's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #18  
    Thanks for the tip! If I didn't read TC I would have thought the $299 the store quoted was the best price.

Posting Permissions