1.    #1  
    Hi

Did anyone figure out why BB Connect is not working on the Cingular Treo 750 ? I have downloaded the client and the desktop app. and I am not able to make it work. Yes, my account has been provisioned w/ Blackberry capabilities. Yes, I have read all possible threads about this, including the ones for the cingular 8525 (BTW, a colleague of mine w/ 8525, same plan as me, works w/ BBC just fine, this is why I believe it is a Treo)

Now, here's what I get:
    - BB Connect Desktop: when trying to connect to the BES server (4.1 w/ Lotus Notes), in the PIN field I get "Unknown type"; my BES guys here weren't able to give me any reasons for that, logs look clean etc.
    - on the Treo: the BBConnect client shows as stopped, comes back to this status after attempting to start it. Does that no matter if I am connected or not to the Internet. Yes, I have disabled the proxy setting for Cingular Internet. I tried also both connectivity options, the built-in one (wap....) and also isp... with the same results. On the BBConnect screen I see: PIN: Pending, IMEI: <the right IMEI>, IP address: No Connection, even if I am connected via GPRS/EDGE/UTMS etc.

Anyone w/ more clues for this

TIA,
    HC
    Unfortunately Cingular still does not support BBC on the Treo 750. There must be something on the Cingular ROM that is preventing this because the 8525 works fine with BBC. I expect they will eventually open up BBC to the 750. Its the same old waiting game as we all are still waiting for the official Cingular HSDPA support.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    I think Cingular just wants to sell more Blackberry handsets and has possibly crippled the functionality on the Treo just for that reason.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Does BB Connect work on 750's that come from other carriers than Cingular (like the 750v)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5 View Post
    Does BB Connect work on 750's that come from other carriers than Cingular (like the 750v)?
    It works on the Vodafone Treo 750v. I have not tried it on other carriers as I just own the Vodafone version.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    hello did this problem already resolved .because i need bb connect software for treo 750v cingukar
    As I mentioned in your other thread, Cingular 750c does not support the BBC client yet. BBC only works on the Treo 750v.
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Any updates on this? I have BBC V4 running great on my tytn and was hoping to give it a spin on the treo.
    i would love to have this working. so strange that it works on the 750v and not 750c and no one seems to know why.
  10.    #10  
    Hi
    Where did you get the BBC 4 ? Do you think you can share that w/ us here ? I'd be willing to try out BBC4 onto my 750c ... :-)

Thanks,
    HC
    BBC 4 will NOT work on the 750c! Cingular prevents it from happening.
    Apple iPhone, BlackBerry 8800 and a Treo 750 on the "new" at&t. Palm Centro on Sprint.
    what if you flash with a vodafone rom?
  13.    #13  
    I have tried that, I flashed my 750c w/ Voda ROM and still didn't work. It's true that my 750c is still locked. I wander if Cingular disabled something in the Hardware .... Anyone w/ the same experience ? Anyway, I think that WM6 will fix this ... whenever that it's going to happen...

Thanks,
    HC
    Quote Originally Posted by hchickers View Post
    I have tried that, I flashed my 750c w/ Voda ROM and still didn't work. It's true that my 750c is still locked. I wander if Cingular disabled something in the Hardware .... Anyone w/ the same experience ? Anyway, I think that WM6 will fix this ... whenever that it's going to happen...

Thanks,
    HC
    What is happening is that you are not flashing the "Software Version" it still stays Cingular. You will need a digitally signed ROM. WM6 should fix this.
    Apple iPhone, BlackBerry 8800 and a Treo 750 on the "new" at&t. Palm Centro on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    http://www.cross-integrated.com/auction/bbc4.zip
    Here is a link to the bb4 files if you want it. I installed and ran it on my Voda 750 with a cingular sim and it work fine. I also ran it a tytn that has chefed up WM 6 rom, it too ran fine.

I was particularly interested in seeing if there was an improvement to battery life on the 750. For me there was not, as compaired to similar usage with Activesync running and recv a fairly high amt of emails. I was using about 10% per hour with both.
    dang. this looks to be only for BES.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks for posting the link. I downloaded the file, installed on bot my laptop and treo 750c but w/ the same result. When the Desktop piece is successfully connecting to the BES server, I get "Unknown Type" in the PIN field so the treo never registers. On another note, one difference I've noticed compared to the other versions that I tried, now the treo says "Network Available" in the status tab ... unfortunately no use since no PIN.

Thanks anyway ! If I have the time I'll keep playing w/ it but in the mean while I'm waiting anxiously for WM6 ... as everybody does, right ?

All the best,
    HC
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I had the same results on a Cingular 750, but Voda 750 works fine.
    There has been some progress made around this issue. Check out this thread for more info.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=294218
    Brian McGuire