1.    #1  
    After receiving much help I was able to attain HSDPA connection, DSLREPORTS showing 700K to 900K. That was three days ago. For the last two days, all I get is the G 340K. Haven't changed anything that I know of, measurements all being made from the same location.
    Mike Caldwell
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmike View Post
    After receiving much help I was able to attain HSDPA connection, DSLREPORTS showing 700K to 900K. That was three days ago. For the last two days, all I get is the G 340K. Haven't changed anything that I know of, measurements all being made from the same location.
    You may want to post this in the TOP thread concerning HSDPA.
  3.    #3  
    Tried using that thread to get it going in the first place, but after three days not a single response nor any other posting (and the number of postings, now a week later, is still the same) so it appears that thread is exhausted, or at least big enough that nobody is checking it anymore. Not complaining, just that I think some individual issues might stand alone rather than be rolled up into one gigantic one. When I first got this going it was quite a chore to plow through the 300+ postings looking for specific issues.
    Mike Caldwell
    I hear ya... I cant say I have had any issues at all with the HSDPA hack. I only use the sethsdpa.exe and .lnk files, I do NOT use the fitxxx file to enable it at all.

Be sure those files are in the correct place and hang tight. It may be just your local carrier having issues or something totally unrelated to the hack. But it is still a hack so expect problems - I have had none YET.
  5.    #5  
    Haven't changed anything, so just think the local xcvr firmware, whatever, is undergoing change. Anybody seem to know when the "Cingular now AT&T real deal" will be available?
    Mike Caldwell
    I have had the same trouble for almost a month now. Have not found a reason or resolution.
    I believe thats why this is considered a hack. you might need to wait for the official rom to have hsdpa enabled. I'm on my second 750 and its the same thing. after applying the hack, its not consistent. sometimes I would get 700+ and then run another test right after and get 300kbps. Not a biggie as the web sites load the same amount of time. you would only notice the decrease in speed if you were to tether. Wonder when the official rom would be released.
  8.    #8  
    Didn't change a thing, and last night it reported 750K, so clearly it is something at Cingular's end, luck of the draw, moon phase.....
    Mike Caldwell
    Just did a series of 3 tests:

1st: 860
    2nd: 346
    3rd: 263

I am not the only one with these issues too. I have called numerous times to see if there is a problem with the network and I have heard yes and no. I even went to a Cingular store and did a speed test on thier 8525 and it only showed 300k and thats with the cingular proxy enabled, so I have no idea whats going on.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    When you guys are doing your dsl testing, which browser are you using to get to that site? IE, or Opera mobile? I too have done that hack, checked all files are in correct place. I have one time got a speed of 477 tops. I was happy with that as it is on the G network. Now I am lucky to get into the 100's.
    Reading and rereading the posts on this and one thing I have heard is that if using opera, the web content all goes through the opera servers and pages are reconfigured then sent out to our device. So we are not getting accurate measurements of speed of our devices. Dependent on the Opera server traffic?
    I have deleted all traces of sethsda and reinstalled twice. Still no go.
    I have heard is that if using opera, the web content all goes through the opera servers and pages are reconfigured then sent out to our device.
    You are a bit confused between Opera Mobile and Opera Mini.

Opera mobile is a native true browser, it comes in .cab or .exe format and is a browser just like pocket explorer or netfront (is just better).

Operamini is a frontend for the Operamini server, is a java app, comes in .jar/.jad format. You can instal it in almost any cheap phone, is very lightweight (about 100Kb in size) and can run in the treo too, but not natively. You need a midlet manager to run it.

The latter decrease drammaticaly the amount of data, because the data are managed by the operamini server.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616