1.    #1  
    I had a treo 650 before this and I would be able to use it as a ringtone. Now it seems like I have to import it over to the phone memory? Is there a way around this?
    You can use a third party apps for that such as ringo or mring. I assume your using a TREO windows OS phone...
    All you have to do is go into sounds & notifications and select the manage tab and select add from the menu. Select your audio folder and it will show you your mp3's on your card and just select one.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I've done this but I assume it requires the card to be present. I think I need to copy the MP3 to the "main storage" to be card-independent.
    IIRC, it's safer to have the mp3s in main memory as the WM sometimes has problems waking up and recognizing the SD card to play the mp3 file appropriately if it's on the card
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    my exact answer...
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire1278 View Post
    You can use a third party apps for that such as ringo or mring. I assume your using a TREO windows OS phone...
  7.    #7  
    cool thanks guys!
    I couldn't get my ringer set to any mp3's on the card but of course it works no problem if I copy the file to the windows folder. I guess this is fine since the sound file I use is only 100k.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It worked fine for me to select an MP3 on the card. I don't see why a third-party ringtone manager is needed.
    I noticed when you select a sound file from the card threw the sounds manager it copies the entire file to the Windows\rings folder so there is no issue with recognizing the card while the device wakes up.

Correct, there is no need for a 3rd party app.