Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    After installing everything detailed in bnycastro's instructions here, using the Cingular firmware, 1.16 Desktop Updater, and the 2/15 Vodafone NL release, I can finally almost live with this phone. But not quite.

I added the Jetware beta 1.25.174.9 software, which can be found here. You'll also need the SdkCerts.cab file on the same page. I'm also using Jetware's PowerOnAtConnect settings.

RESULTS:
    • My voice commands through Bluetooth are working 90% of the time compared with 40%
    • It still reverts to speaker often, but only after it misses the instruction the first time
    • If I set UMTS under Settings/Personal/Phone/Band I have no problems making or receiving calls but short battery life, but if I switch to GSM (to save battery), LOTS of trouble with calls
    • As above, with UMTS I can RELIABLY use Bluetooth DUN. With GSM I can't use DUN at all. (using +cgdcont=1,"IP","apn", where in my case apn=internet.fido.ca)
    • Still says ROAMING all the time (I'm on Fido in Canada)

These updates and Jetware utilities are definitely not a long term solution. Palm needs to fix these blatant problems. I said I'd never buy another Treo after the 600, but figured that even Palm couldn't screw up WM5 to the point where it didn't suit my needs. I was wrong. I might go back to using my year old Qtek s200 and wait until Palm realises that the 750 simply isn't a reliable telephone or email device and releases a proper update. Still, with the above config I no longer hate my phone, but it's so perfect for my needs that I should love it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    OK, now I've removed all the Jetware stuff and haven't noticed much change in the reliability of Voice Command over Bluetooth. Stability seems to have improved, but too early to tell.

Does anyone out there have one of these things working well? If so, please share your setup.