Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    What is the trick to deleting files from the treo? I have tried going through the file explorer and from active sync but I get an error both times. Ive tried deleting a couple different file types but still get stupid freaking errors its really pissing me off
    I had a similar problem The miniSD cards are permanently locked or something, or so they kept saying when I tried to delete files off them! How do you unlock a miniSD card?? I think this happened with a SanDisk only.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I had a similar problem The miniSD cards are permanently locked or something, or so they kept saying when I tried to delete files off them! How do you unlock a miniSD card?? I think this happened with a SanDisk only.
    ya
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Go to File Explorer. Tap on "My Device." Tap on "Storage Card." Tap on "Program Files." Tap on name of program. Tap on "Menu" in lower right hand corner. Tap on "Delete." I've had no trouble with several different sorts of mini-SD cards.
    Hope this helps.
    Sure, if the card isn't write protected. I've gotten that error, even when I move the tab. I don't know what to do!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    The only time I have had problems deleting from the storage card is when I tried to delete a song and it would not delete it because Windows Media Player was open in the background. I had to shut down WMP before it would delete.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Nope no programs are open Ive stopped everything before trying to delete anything. I got it to delete once but then when I came back from a soft reset the files were back!! its like the stupid things wont DIE. any help would be very much appreciated
    Look like no one has a solution for the write protected problem either.

How can a card get write protected when I didn't even move the tab on the adapter?? It seems to have automatic write protection, but then you can't delete files. How to get around that?

Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    How about syncing the device and deleting the files through the explore device feature of activesync?

Wait until fully synced and then click on explore device, then browse to storage card and delete files required.

If you soft reset and the files came back, do you have anything in the windows startup folder that might be placing the files back on the card?