1.    #1  
    My work has extensions like any normal company, when i want to dial an extension i must dial the main # 1st.
    Now, apparently, the main # is locked to a contact name because i guess it recognizes the # 1st. Like this

Joe Blow
    800-111-1234,1000
    Joe Smith
    800-111-1234,1100

the (,) or PAUSE doesnt even work

When i select Joe Smith in my contact list, and SELECT DIAL, it dials Joe Blow!

How do i successfully add contacts with extensions besides that speed dial crap?

Also, when i dial 800-111-1234 with out an extension, it connects me to JOE BLOW!

any help would be great
    thanks!
    i too was wondering about this the other day, since i just got my 700WX from Verizon on Tuesday. i posted a similar message here, i got the following replyfrom Inspector gadget. I tried it and it seems to work, follow the link below, or go to the thread I started:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look here. I found this with a simple search.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105458

"Go Go Gadget Treo!!"
    Treo 700wx on Sprint
  3.    #3  
    Palm stated, Inspector Gadgets solution is not the correct way
  4.    #4  
    After again calling Palm today here is what i got:
    Apparently they are aware of the problem, they have no solution at all. I explained i own a $500 BUSINESS Phone that cannot dial extensions automatically, he said yes you are correct. There is nothing Palm can do as this time.

I cannot believe there arent more posts about this issue.
    Maybe its time for a Pearl
    I do not like the way the number looks when displayed, but i tried it with ,, then the extention. after each two numbers of the extension I added a comam and it worked. I do not like it, but it did work.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJVC View Post
    I do not like the way the number looks when displayed, but i tried it with ,, then the extention. after each two numbers of the extension I added a comam and it worked. I do not like it, but it did work.
    how many are you running with the same main #.

I believe the more you have, the more confused the software gets. It got so bad i would dial from my contact list, and it would pull from my Speed Dial just because it recognized the number somewhere.
    If I had to say, somewhere between 75 to 125 people with the same master 800 number. I do dial them from the contact list.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJVC View Post
    If I had to say, somewhere between 75 to 125 people with the same master 800 number. I do dial them from the contact list.
    wow im impressed, okay let me try ,, instead and see.
    thanks
  9.    #9  
    im still having the issue where it is picking up another name when i am dialing the same main #