1.    #1  
    Well needless to say I have had my share of problems with the W over the last 8 months. I went through all of the proper channels and received 2 refurbs and then a brand new one about 4 months ago.

Today I started having serious issues with my current model and after about 10 minutes on the phone with Verizon they agree to upgrade me to the WX.

They called the nearest store to me and confirmed stock which they just received late this afternoon. The rep placed notes in my account and sent me to the store. About 10 minutes at the store and I left with my new WX!

I will never ***** about my $165 a month phone bill or Verizon's lack of customer service in any way, shape, or form. It truly is worth the extra $$$ for service like that. I work in Real Estate and it is absolutely essential to my business that I don't have issues with something as simple as a phone.

Thank you Verizon Wireless.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Enjoy your WX I know I am.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  3.    #3  
    Darn right man! I have been trying to get everything back in order since I got home.

Almost there.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Congrats!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Just picked up my 3rd "w" today. Still same issues (of course). Last tech said "there will be 'other options' if the problems still exist". I'm crossing my fingers for this weekend!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    All I know is that I am loving it. I can know really use the Wisbar Advanced without having to cancel it just to get my Copilot to work correctly.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    edit: its here!

im awaiting fed-x right now
    Last edited by Lil0ne; 02/23/2007 at 10:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Is it the same interface? I heard the WX is kind of like Palm based.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    13 months and 3 w's later and I too was upgraded to a "wx" by VZW. You need to document your issues (mine were some "zoom" issues with Tasks and Contacts) and Activesync failures (Exchange, that is). But, the big "V" did come through for me in the end with a brand-spankin' new 'wx! It's truly amazing what the RAM difference does for the device.

Now..off to remember how to install half of hannip's improvements....
    And they are still sending me another W.

This one will be new, from the wherehouse. She said if they are out of new W's, then I will get a WX. The rep told me I would have to pay for a WX at the upgrade price.

I can not wait to call them after it locks up again!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Man.
    I got my 700w on December 2006.
    How can I possibly make VZW to replace my 700w with a 700wx w/o butchering me in price
    I am sick of my 700w freezing alot specially in inappropraite times.

Any1 think the constant lockups/freezes and random crash will be enough for them to upgrade my 700w to the 700wx?
    I am 99% sure all those issues will stop after the upgrade due to the wx having more program memory.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    Man.
    I got my 700w on December 2006.
    How can I possibly make VZW to replace my 700w with a 700wx w/o butchering me in price
    I am sick of my 700w freezing alot specially in inappropraite times.

Any1 think the constant lockups/freezes and random crash will be enough for them to upgrade my 700w to the 700wx?
    I am 99% sure all those issues will stop after the upgrade due to the wx having more program memory.

I'm in the same boat (I got mine in January of 2006). I can upgrade (not NE2 though - that's not up until November 2007) but it will cost me big time and I don't want to pay that much. I would basically forfeit my NE2 discount, have my contract extended by 2 years and have my NE2 discount pushed out another 2 years. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a way to get this thing and all I can come up with is to pay retail and I really don't want to do that.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I'm in the same boat (I got mine in January of 2006). I can upgrade (not NE2 though - that's not up until November 2007) but it will cost me big time and I don't want to pay that much. I would basically forfeit my NE2 discount, have my contract extended by 2 years and have my NE2 discount pushed out another 2 years. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a way to get this thing and all I can come up with is to pay retail and I really don't want to do that.
    Ditto!

I'm sick of the W freezing whenever it feals like it.
    What's the right approach with VZW?
    I called today and got upgraded to a free WX. I got my "W" Jan 2006 and was on my fourth "W" from an array of issues. I asked the rep if I could get a WX replacement and he said yes but had to get it approved. Five minutes later he came back said it was approved and sent it out. I called my buddy who was on his third W and he did the same thing and his WX is on the way as well. It seems like maybe you have to talk to the right rep.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    The right rep for sure, but you've also have to of had at least 3 w's before they'll upgrade you to a wx. Find a legit issue you're having with the phone and call tech support. Be patient through the next two w's. Remember, the third is the charm!

Note: Some Verizon stores are now stocking refurbs, so you can save the shipping time by having support note your account and then going to a store to pick it up.