1.    #1  
    Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try the VZW 700wx. NE2 price of $399-$100 mail in rebate = $299-whatever I get for my old unit.

I had been backing up the 700w with Sprite.
    Any ideas on the least annoying way to transfer everything to the 700wx?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileRealtor View Post
    Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try the VZW 700wx. NE2 price of $399-$100 mail in rebate = $299-whatever I get for my old unit.

You could have gotten another $100 off for being on a combined voice/data plan or switching to a combined voice/data plan, bringing your cost down to $199. Unless you're on a family plan or something, you need to call them back (or go back to the store where you got it) and get the additional discount.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    You could have gotten another $100 off for being on a combined voice/data plan or switching to a combined voice/data plan, bringing your cost down to $199. Unless you're on a family plan or something, you need to call them back (or go back to the store where you got it) and get the additional discount.
    I'm on a Family Plan, but do have a substantial voice/data combo. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

I'm still working out the data transfer for now. I'll bug VZW tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm on a Family Plan, but do have a substantial voice/data combo. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

I'm still working out the data transfer for now. I'll bug VZW tomorrow.

You should be able to get it then. A lot of reps don't know that that discount exists (I guess it's not really publicized) but once you tell them about it, they'll have no problem finding it.

You're going to have at least some differences in the registry, so I wouldn't recommend a full restore via Sprite. You could probably restore your contacts, PIM info, and emails fine, but you'll want to reinstall all of your programs (but if you use Exchange push, you don't even need to do that). That's the safest and most effective solution.
  6.    #6  
    After digging around a bunch, it looks like a manual process is going to be the best option. Could be worse... it could be XP.