Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The best hack that I can imagine for the 700w/wx is something that would enabled Voice Command to function properly over BT. I know the A2DP hack came out today so I'm hoping some of the same enterprizing folks will find a way to enable this soon. If anyone has any info on progress being made with this, I'd love to hear about it.
    I'm applying the A2DP hack in just a bit. I did get voice command 1.6 (the for-pay version) working a bit on my wx, but it seemed a tad buggy. I'll let you know what I find out!
    Not going to happen, it is a hardware issue from what I have heard...
    Anyone got a schematic of the 700? If it's a hardware issue it could be as easy as soldering a wire from the audio jack to a pin on the bluetooth module. If it is someone could offer a service to make the mod for a small fee.
    Yeah I would love a schematic of the entire phone but I think we could get by with a model number/part number and/or pinout of the bluetooth module/chip. I would be willing to test on my phone if we could get some more info. I don't want to open it up without a plan and more knowledge about the module itself. I'm a java programmer now but spent 8 years working in the family business in two-way radio communications. I was practically born with a soldering iron in hand. I have all the tools necessary at my shop and my father would help if I need pointers on the circuitry. I've serviced and repaired many two-way radios for police/fire/local govt. over the years so a treo shouldn't be anything I can't handle as far as surface mount components and dissection.
    Yeah, we need some adventuresome hardware geek to take apart a 700 series phone and take pics and jot down part numbers.
    would sprint repair centers have schematics/documentation or do they not go that far in repairing phones? I'm not suggesting that they would actually give it out but I am just curious.
    if I had one I would glady take it apart (an extra one that is)
    I have a 700w refurb that are going to ship back to VZW. If someone could explain how to safely do it, I would be more than happy to take one apart & take some photos.
    confirmed that the a2dp hack combined with voice command 1.6 does nothing special. VC 1.6 allows you to start the voice command from the bluetooth headset, but it still seems as though it can only "hear" the voice comman through the treo's own mic.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Any way to "map" the assumed BT mic input through registry entries to the VC input ?
    Hannip,

I've seen a couple of pics here and there of a dismantled 700wx. Here's one I was able to dig back up over on Shadowmite's website. You might check with him to see what else he has. I know he's working on a 320x320 screen replacement hack for the 700w/wx, so he may have other material.

Shadowmite's Hardware Photo
    http://shadowmite.com/wiki/index.php...700wx_hardware

Product Brief on the BCM2035
    http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/pb/2035-PB04-R.pdf
    Last edited by stroths; 02/23/2007 at 06:19 AM. Reason: [B]Bluetooth: BCM2035[/B]
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Awesome stroths. Now we know the bluetooth module is a Broadcom BCM2035.

http://www.broadcom.com/products/Blu...utions/BCM2035

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Awesome stroths. Now we know the bluetooth module is a Broadcom BCM2035.

http://www.broadcom.com/products/Blu...utions/BCM2035

Does that help us any?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Does that help us any?

Well one of the docs I read listed the feature

"Audio Codec and Headset Connection Jack for PCM Audio (SCO) Applications"

Which indicates to me that there is a separate connection for SCO. The headset/handsfree profiles use SCO. A2DP uses ACL. This would explain why A2DP audio can work, but not headset audio. If we can get a pinout of this chip then we can do some tracing.
    No pinouts/schematics from the company. And there are like 5 versions of the bcm2035 but we know the full part no. by looking at that hardware picture. We need the pinout and I really don't think just tacking some audio lines on the chip will do us any good but who knows. I would like to see pictures/schematics of both the 700 and 750 to spot differences.
    I suppose we could determine which pin has the audio by testing each pin with a scope. Sure would be nice to have a pinout though.

According to the JETware developer the claim is that the phone radio is hardwired to the bt module so we could trace it that way too.
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    We need the pinout and I really don't think just tacking some audio lines on the chip will do us any good but who knows.
    Yeah, we'd most likely need an audio to digital conversion and maybe a multiplexer. I think you have the right idea by comparing a 750 with the 700, but it might not be so easy. I'm pretty sure the 750 uses a different bt module.

If the 750 has similar innards as a Hermes device that would mean the bt module in it would be a Texas Instruments BRF6150
    Last edited by hannip; 02/23/2007 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    confirmed that the a2dp hack combined with voice command 1.6 does nothing special. VC 1.6 allows you to start the voice command from the bluetooth headset, but it still seems as though it can only "hear" the voice comman through the treo's own mic.
    The hack won't do anything for allowing VC to be used over BT. The BT spec would need to be changed. See this for the reason why:

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...03/524289.aspx

No amount of hardware modification would make a difference and no change in the Treo's software/firmware would make a difference. Microsoft would have to re-write VC or BT would have to have its specification for voice sampling upgraded to 16khz. It's currently only 8khz.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Well certainly it is possible since most HTC devices including the 750 do indeed work with the older VC 1.5 over bluetooth. The differences in the sampling just mean that the voice recognition won't be so great. I have actually tested bt voice dialing using a bt dongle connected to the audio jack and it does indeed work. If we could come up with a mod that connects the audio jack to the SCO input on the bt module it should work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast