Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think your problem lays in between laptop and it's bluetooth. I have similar problem w/ my settings and the main I noticed was whenever I disconnect the connection between the laptop and the phone, the bluetooth software really struggles to disconnect and lags out the computer. As far as solutions, I don't think there is one, and I personally am pleased just to connect to the internet via bluetooth for free.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Hi everyone... I installed hannip's BT stack as described, and at first the BT DUN was locking up my Treo after about a minute or so.

So, I uninstalled the stack, deleted all of my BT profiles in the Treo, reset, then re-installed the stack and re-created the BT profiles.

Now, the BT DUN works flawlessly. But ActiveSync over BT has stopped working. When I go to BT Devices tab, and open the profile for my laptop, ActiveSync is not displayed as a service. How do I get it back?

Thanks!

merc
    im trying to delete and reinstall as a few people said and it said 13 of 22 uninstalled the rest were renamed with X and when i go in file explorer and in win folder down to X theres tons of files, SOME of the BT ones i knew of i deleted how do iknow what they are?
    The readme file lists all of the files.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I pair the treo with my laptop to enable DUN? My treo is already set up to do Activesync via Bt.

Thanks.
    Hey Everyone,

I had a few questions regarding the Bluetooth DUN hack for the Treo 700wx.

1. Has anyone gotten this to work with a laptop running Vista?

2. What Bluetooth programs are available that I can use on Vista? I know that there is Bluesoliel. I wasn't sure if there was a freebie Bluetooth program out there.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Can you please tell me how you made DUN to work after installing A2DP. Did you use any other software? Thanks
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I've just started playing with this and keep running into situations where the Treo will lock up.

I've got a Treo 700wx on Sprint, using a Dell inspiron laptop. From my Dell I use the bluetooth software to connect to the DUN service on the Treo. I get connected and everything is working fine, but eventually the connection will go dead and the Treo is locked up. I'm not sure if the Treo locks up first and the connection dies, or vice versa. but usually, things go bad after about 30-35 minutes.

I've also set the power settings to have the Treo never go into standby and it still doesn't help.

It's an inconvenience, but when it's working I'm as happy as a clam.
    I have a Sprint 700wx and I get connected to my MacBookPro with no problems but it drops the connection in a few minutes. I can reconnect easily but it's far from ideal.
    More consistent using PDA net but then I have to do that through Parallels on the windows side of my mac and I'd prefer to be on the mac side.
    Anyone figure out how to eliminate this drop out?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I installed the .cab for the a2dp profile and immediately got BT DUN support. It worked for a minute or two, then the phone froze up. This is on my iBook. I just used #777 and away it went. First off, anyone know how to eliminate the lockup issue? Second, has anyone gotten a bill since they started using this? Is sprint able to track and bill per KB for using Phone as Modem service?

Thanks,
    Brad
    I wanted to know if anyone knows how to set this up so that I can connect my TomTom One to my treo 700wx. I can not seem to get them to connect and I am told my phone needs to have a BT DUN profile...will this solve that problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by wirelesscop View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I had a few questions regarding the Bluetooth DUN hack for the Treo 700wx.

1. Has anyone gotten this to work with a laptop running Vista?

2. What Bluetooth programs are available that I can use on Vista? I know that there is Bluesoliel. I wasn't sure if there was a freebie Bluetooth program out there.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the help!
    1) got it working on my PC, running vista. It shouldn't matter if it's a laptop.
    2) The demo of BlueSoliel for Vista supposedly will work with any dongle (with the demo limit of 5MB transfer)... the only dongle chipset supported for the fully functional version is the CSR chipset. I've troubleshot with Bluesoleil and can't get the demo to work with my Microsoft dongle. I'll just wait it out. In the mean time, try this (some notes). I couldn't get my keyboard to stay synced up (the keyboard shuts off and disconnects (sleeps) then wakes up and reconnects... a [great] feature not a bug. I don't think WIDCOMM likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by netghozt View Post
    Can you please tell me how you made DUN to work after installing A2DP. Did you use any other software? Thanks
    Pair the phone, enable the Dial-up network profile, create a dial-up connection to #777 with the username 9175551212@vzw3g.com (replacing the fake number with your own) and the password vzw. This may help.

Quote Originally Posted by jgctx View Post
    I wanted to know if anyone knows how to set this up so that I can connect my TomTom One to my treo 700wx. I can not seem to get them to connect and I am told my phone needs to have a BT DUN profile...will this solve that problem?
    I had a problem using Windows Mobile's feature to split the GPS between programs (serial port emulation). Set the COM port: start>settings>system>gps>hardware (make note of it)
    Disable the serial port emulation: start>settings>system>gps>access>uncheck
    In TomTom, go to the Receiver setup and choose the hardware COM port.
    Last edited by brand; 06/03/2007 at 11:32 PM.
    thanks for the input but this not for the reciever, I have a stand alone GPS now. I use to use the reciever, but now I use the TomTom ONe.
    thanks for the input but this not for the reciever, I have a stand alone GPS now. I use to use the reciever, but now I use the TomTom ONe.
    Oh! I thought it was relevant to this thread. Sorry.
    Just wanted to add some dittos: Sprint 700wx. Connects properly, but locks up after just a few minutes if the phone is set to power off after any number of minutes -- the screen dimming doesn't lock it up though. As long as I tell it never to shut off power, it appears to work properly.

Incidentally, I had the exact same problem with trying to use PDANet via Bluetooth. Disabling automatic powering off seems to solve the problem for me for now -- I have yet to test it for an extended period of time.
    I got my TomTom One XL to connect to my Treo 700W with Verizon today. Unfortunately I had to futz with it to get it to work, and at one point, I had to resort to an advanced/manual configuration, but it works. I'm not a subscriber to any TomTom Plus services, so I don't know how good the connection was.

Verizon coverage is really crappy in our area. When I was using the Treo as a modem for my laptop, the connectivity was very flaky. Mostly I need it for airport use, so all should work well.

I still cannot figure out how to get DUN to hang up after completing the session. Presently I'm doing a soft reset, but that is going to wear out the latch on the back cover.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Hannip saved the day for me! The original bluetooth stack just wasn't working at times, vey unreliable. I installed Hannip's fix and now everything works perfectly. Way to go, man. Thanks.
    So are you guys saying that on your 700wx in the bluetooth settings there will now be an option to create a DUN with your laptop? When I pair my phone and laptop I am prompted by my Mac that the phone can be used to set up a dial up network but on the phone I can not select any options to tell it how I want to use it.
  19. goggremlin
    My Treo locks up when I attempt to use it for DUN after installing hannip's Bluetooth Software, Can you recommend some steps for troubleshooting and identifying the problem perhaps?

Its a Sprint 700wx and I'm attempting to use it with a Nokia 770
    I just picked up a Nokia N800 and so far I'm loving this little device. Unfortunately I can't get it working with my Sprint Treo 700wx. I can get the bluetooth to pair properly. When I tell the N800 to establish a network connection with the phone the Treo screen turns on so I know they are communicating. But then I just get a message on the N800 saying "Internet connection failed. Try again?"

I have checked the dial settings and it's set to call #777 with no user name or password. I have reset and re-paired the devices several times with no luck.

Anyone have one of these?

Is there a log or anything on the Treo that would tell me if the error is on that end?

It feels like I'm so close, and this would be such a great combination.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast