Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by overbyc1 View Post
    Hells yea!!!

Been trying to get BT Activesync for ages and now it works.

Thanks is not strong enough a word MR Hannip!

Huzzah!!! I don't have to get the 700wx now! I can BT DUN with my laptop when I am out in the boonies!

#/usr/bin/cHix0r
    VZW Treo 700w
    NorahAura.net
    I have finally been able to get hannip's BT stack to enable DUN on my Sprint 700wx, but the connection drops after a minute or two. This also happens if I try to use pdanet via BT (via usb is fine). All other BT functions appear normal, including ActiveSync, Treo headset and TomTom.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.
    I've not had any trouble with drop off. I did have to delete all my BT modems on my laptop then recreate the connection to get it to work correctly.
    I just want to confirm I am doing this correctly on my VZW WX.

Pair 700wx with my laptop
    go to laptop networking section & create a new DUN profile using the Treo
    No username or password, just dial #777

Open new DUN connection & go

It doesnt work for me, am I missing a bunch of steps?
  5. jmt
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrider View Post
    I have finally been able to get hannip's BT stack to enable DUN on my Sprint 700wx, but the connection drops after a minute or two. This also happens if I try to use pdanet via BT (via usb is fine). All other BT functions appear normal, including ActiveSync, Treo headset and TomTom.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.
    I have the same problem, any fix would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I just want to confirm I am doing this correctly on my VZW WX.

Pair 700wx with my laptop
    go to laptop networking section & create a new DUN profile using the Treo
    No username or password, just dial #777

Open new DUN connection & go

It doesnt work for me, am I missing a bunch of steps?
    For Sprint:
    Username: "your vision username@sprintpcs.com"
    Password: "your vision password"
    (If you don't know those contact sprint tech support and they will help)
    Phone number: #777

For Verizon:
    Username: "your phone number@vzw3g.com"
    Password: vzw
    Phone Number: #777"

For Cingular:
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Phone Number: **99***1#

Pulled from Shadowmite's How To Use DUN Page

I hope this helps

#/usr/bin/cHix0r
    VZW Treo 700w
    NorahAura.net
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    17) go to www.dslreports.com/mspeed and run the 200K test
    18) after a few tests, the treo locks up, forcing me to reset

I tried this several times with exactly the same result.

I just obtained this brand new Treo 700wx a few days ago as a replacement, so I don't think it's a hardware problem. FWIW, I have the newer 1.14 ROM; maybe there's an incompatibility there?

Anyone else have a similar problem? Also, can anyone with the new Sprint ROM (1.14) report their experience?
    I have Treo 700w from VZW and was experiencing the same problem. I am not sure if it is a power issue or what, but I have found this does not occur if I have it plugged into power and set to "never turn off if plugged in".

I have my computer currently connected via BTDUN on my VZW Treo 700w with it plugged into power and turned on (screen on) and was able to browse for quite some time after running the speed test you posted above. Here are the test results:

Mobile speed test
    215 kbit/sec
    0.722s latency
    8.124s d/l time

And this is with only two bars on my reception (inside the house).

I hope this helps

#/usr/bin/cHix0r
    VZW Treo 700w
    NorahAura.net
    I was able to connect without putting any of the username and password info in. When it asked (On the DUN dialing screen) I just put in the #777 number at the bottom and hit dial.. (Verizon 700W)
    Yep..I have sprint 700wx with hannip's a2dp vzw bt stack installed. I made the phone discoverable, started up my laptop, paired the devices, selected the dun service that was showing in the bt profile, and connected. I used no username or password..just the #777 number. Works perfect. Very fast...although usb connection with pdanet seems faster.
    Can someone put step by step instruction for dummies?

I installed hannips a2dp thingy, copied and pasted all the files in his folder except the cab file in it, softreset, connected to my lappy, checked both selections on treo menu (I think they were com and wireless thingy), chose no user name and password, dial #777, and keep getting error message on it.

I would really appreciate if someone can put step by step. Thanks!!
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Hey Everyone,

Can someone please post Hannips A2DP Bluetooth DUN hack or post a link to it?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. Will this hack work in the SPRINT Treo 700 wx?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wirelesscop View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Can someone please post Hannips A2DP Bluetooth DUN hack or post a link to it?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. Will this hack work in the SPRINT Treo 700 wx?

Thanks!
    Here is Hannip's original post:
    A2DP Now Working on Sprint 700wx!!!

#/usr/bin/cHix0r
    VZW Treo 700w
    NorahAura.net
    Thanks for the help. My problem was I installed hannip's old file and did not do what I was supposed to do. I just downloaded the newest version and it works like a charm!!!

Thanks guys.

Also, is there difference in speed between USB and BT? I'm currently getting 2-300kb/s.
    Last edited by ACHlLLES; 04/01/2007 at 10:54 AM.

Love both
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the reply and information.

Can you please advise if this Bluetooth DUN method will work on Vista and XP?

Thanks!
    Hello Everyone,

Just trying to clarify...

What exactly does Hannips A2DP Bluetooth DUN hack do?

Is this specifically for enabling a user to listen to music with Bluetooth headphones or will this enable a user to use the Treo 700wx as an external modem via Bluetooth? Or will this allow both?

If this is for enabling Bluetooth DUN, will this work with BOTH Windows Vista and XP?

Thanks!
    Just install lastest version of hannips a2dp and pair it with your pc, and make it dial #777. There's free dial up network for ya using bluetooth!

Reading every single tread about A2DP also helps. People here will guide you to the right direction, not give you every single answer, atleast in my experience.

Love both
    Hey guys, I have installed hannips a2dp also and have been trying to work with this BT DUN also. Now I can successfully connect to the internet via the BT DUN, for a minute, but one of two things happens...

Either I can browse, maybe one or two pages, and then the connection seems to just stop, without really disconnecting; I would try to go on google or something and the page would just time out. Or, let's say I go to like a high content website like myspace or youtube, my treo would just lock up and freeze, and I would end up having to do a manual soft reset.

Either way, its not really working for me, as far as staying connected. When I installed the hack, I followed the instructions to the letter, hard reset, everything. The a2dp wireless stereo works great, but I was hoping that this BT DUN would work too. Well, if anyone know what I can do to get this to work for me over here, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    I have the lock up problem. If doing a speed test or downloading a large attachment from email, my Treo freezes. A soft reset will fix it, but there's no way to keep my Treo from freezing with the BT DUN. Oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I have the lock up problem. If doing a speed test or downloading a large attachment from email, my Treo freezes. A soft reset will fix it, but there's no way to keep my Treo from freezing with the BT DUN. Oh well...
    Hmmm.. very intersting. Mine locks up, but only since putting on Athna VPN. I'll try removing A2DP (since I don't need it anyway) and see what happens.

Drat: It says it was not completely removed. Oh, well, we'll see what happens. In the end I'll probably have to rebuild, restroing one app at a time.
    likewise installed the hack connects just fine with good speed too but after some minutes it just automatically locks up, the phone locks up and needs to reset and on the laptop i get a end program window....is everyone else getting this or just some? is there a fix cause i love the feature...? cause basically every time i wanna get online i'm having to go what i need to do online quickly n soft reset the phone and restart laptop every single time n that gets real annoying...also when your online using this DUN can you receive phone calls or texts? if not does it stay saved so when you get off you get all the text later?
    also what is the use of the stereo bluetooth on the laptop can someone explain?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast