1.    #1  
    There are times when I want to NOT be able to use the camera (work-related). http://www.motionapps.com/mcamlock/_treo650.jsp (mCamLock) does this for the Treo 650/700p.

Is there anything similar for the 700WX? I'd like to at least be able to force the camera to be totaly disabled until hard reset or a certain time is reached - having the camera "off" state surviving a hard reset would be even better, of course, but I do not wish to be unreasonable...
    I need the same thing as I work in a camera sensitive environment. I don't really want to have to drill out the camera to keep my job.
    I also need to disable my camera, hopefully not perminently, but if necessary I can do without it.

A fellow coworker and I tried to remove his camera using the approach previously discussed in this forum, albeit a Treo 650. The 700wx does not disassemble the same as a 650! In fact, after spending way too much time trying to disassemble his 700wx, we gave up and put it back together. Thankfully his Treo still worked.

Does anyone know how to disassemble the 700wx exposing the camera connection? Please explain if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    There are times when I want to NOT be able to use the camera (work-related). http://www.motionapps.com/mcamlock/_treo650.jsp (mCamLock) does this for the Treo 650/700p.

Is there anything similar for the 700WX? I'd like to at least be able to force the camera to be totaly disabled until hard reset or a certain time is reached - having the camera "off" state surviving a hard reset would be even better, of course, but I do not wish to be unreasonable...
    Hey Westronic,
    If this isn't a strict security thing, I can create a Tweakster plugin that enables/disables it at certain times, in about 5 minutes... seriously

Z.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hey Westronic,
    If this isn't a strict security thing, I can create a Tweakster plugin that enables/disables it at certain times, in about 5 minutes... seriously

Z.
    It is indeed a strict security thing. In fact, I think the only thing that would really do it probably does not exist. It is too easy to recover from a hard reset to even make something requiring a hard reset to be of much value.

Oh, well, such is life.

It only means there are some places I cannot take this phone, but those are places I rarely need to go anyway.
    ahh, well I can't help ya then. Doesn't sound like mCamLock is completely secure either though.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Pictures\Camera\OEM\DisableCamera=1

will temporarily disable it, hmm I may have to go add that tweak now.