Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On my Treo 750 the email notification vibrate is pretty long.
    I selected a short sound file (chirp) but the vibration still takes longer than the sound.

Do you know of a way (registry?) to shorten the vibrate on notifications (especially email)

Thanks!
    Just to encourage you, I definitely think its possible. I don't have time to look up the exact registry key now however.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Surur, it doesn't look like the email notification are set where the other are (HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds), let me know if you were able to find it.
    Thanks!
    Shortening this would be nice for me too - I get a lot of emails and it can be annoying to have the phone pause every time to vibrate.
  5.    #5  
    Surur, do you think you'll have time to look at it soon?
    I did my best and combed the registry but couldn't find the e-mail notification script key.

THANKS!
  6.    #6  
    About 2 months ago I asked the above question. any chance that with all the recent Mortscript buzz someone Cody/Hannip can figure out a way to shorten the new-email alert vibration?

Thanks,
    Ix
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=vibe

This is working great...seems like it is exactly what your are looking for.
    that's for incoming calls. @ can see if the same will work for incoming emails if you'd like
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    opps my bad... email.
    Lovin this btw scotty !
  10.    #10  
    I already use and love the treovibe script. but it does nothing with the email vibe.

it is probably doable, phonealarm lets you control the vibe for email, I just don't know how Bruce did it.
    something slingbox could add to his treo alert script...rather than having a separate script for just that...or I could add to TreoVibe as well I guess

12.    #12  
    scotty, cool. since your script already alter one vibrate, it fits better, as you will be altering one more vibrate alert for email msgs.

let me know if you need help testing.

thanks!
    ix
    ok, I have it working.

One question:

1. If I add this, it will vibrate just like it does with an incoming call and won't stop until the notification is cleared. Is that what you want?

14.    #14  
    scottymomo, my main issue with the built-in email vibrate was that it was too long, so I was hoping to be able to change it to one short vibe.
    Did you find out where that is being controlled in the registry?

Thanks,
    ix.
    I don't think there is a reg entry to modify, I'm just looking for certain things to occur in the registry (like a new email or the phone is ringing), then using the command in mortscript to vibrate, which overrides the standard vibrate.. let me work on it a little more.. will give you a script in the interim you can use in conjunction with TreoVibe...it will short vibrate on a new email then wait X minutes (your choice) before checking again

16.    #16  
    Great, thanks scottymomo!
    try this and let me know if it works properly.

copy and paste into a text file, then rename it .mscr, put it on your device in the Program Files/TreoVibe folder and then click on it to run it...

Code:
    #New Email

# Read Variables from INI File
    VibrateShort = IniRead(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TreoVibe.ini", "Settings", "VibrateShort")
    VibrateActive = IniRead(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"TreoVibe.ini", "Settings", "VibrateActive")

While(1)
    While(VibrateActive = 1)
    y =  RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active",  "CLSID" )
    If (y eq "{A877D65A-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}")
    		Vibrate(VibrateShort)
    Sleep(30000)		
    EndIf
    Sleep(5000)
    EndWhile
    EndWhile

18.    #18  
    scottymomo, I copy-pasted-saved-and-run it and now the 'short vibe' won't stop. I get a message, and the short vibe executes every few seconds even after I read/dismiss the notification.

Could it be because I have the original TreoVibe in the same directory? (same .ini)
    I missed a 0 in the sleep value.. 30000 should have been 300000... make that change on your pc transfer to your device, soft reset and try again, or soft reset, rename on the device to .txt, change the value, save, rename back to .mscr and try it again

20.    #20  
    I made the change and now it doesn't repeat the short-vibe anymore.
    But if I get a 2nd email (say shortly after I got the first one) then the second email does not trigger the short-vibe anymore.

...so only the first email (after I run the script) gets short-vibe, emails later don't get to vibe at all (only sound).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast