1.    #1  
    On my 650, I could hit the option key and THEN hit the messages key to get to my notes. Now if I want to use the option button I have to physically hold the option button while I depress the other button. I hate that. Any work around I haven't seen yet? I've been pouring over several forums for a few weeks now and haven't seen much. Did I miss it?
    I would love this feature - I would also like it if you could press and hold the start menu key to do the same function.
    AE Button Plus will not do what you are asking, but can do better IMO. You can assign just about any button to have a function for single press, double press, triple press and long press. I believe the shareware version never expires and has almost full functionality, but I would suggest buying it if you like it. @ about $8 its a steal.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    does ae allow you to program things to the keyboard (letters and numbers) or just the main hardware buttons? that'd be cool
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9
    Yes and no. You can remap virtually any button in AE Button plus, but you would lose that letter's function if you remapped it. AE gives you a lot of flexibility, but I don't see a way a map a letter to any key. I thought about creating a profile to mimic keycaps on the PalmOS treos, but AE doesn't seem to have any way of doing this. I would imagine it would be pretty simple for the developer to add it in if there was enough demand.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer