Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by digistar2000 View Post
    Hi everyone! Awesome forum.. Just wondering I have a 700wx from Alltel that I recently purchased in Aug. I have not seen any updates regarding bluetooth for their handset but I was wondering if vzw700wx_a2dp.zip will work on my phone? or is it Verizon specific? My wx currently does not have bt dun, has to be tether via usb cable so my laptop can use Alltel's internet access and I think they disabled the ability to create a PAN network with my computer it which I want. I'd like to be able to connect my 700wx to my laptop and use my home internet via bluetooth. (reverse dun) Will this work by changing the bt stacks? Thanks in advance...

My software version is: TREO700WX-1.11-ROWEN
    I tried to download to my alltel treo 700wx. got the option to enable pairing and stereo headset in bluetooth.. could recieve calls on my motorola S9 but music played still played through my palm, not my S9's, very frustrating. Anyone have any info before I take these back? I am desperate as my headphone jack has stopped working and my phone is out of warranty.
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Notice: Palm has come out with a ROM update that provides A2DP now. Here is the link to the updater.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html
    Will this update work for all service providers? eg. Bell Mobility in Canada
    Good news for Sprint users. There is a rom update that officially includes A2DP support for the 700wx.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...t_install.html

Important note: Before installing the update you must uninstall my A2DP install. First turn off bluetooth and soft reset then go to Start->Settings and on the System tab click on Remove Programs. Select "hannip vzw 700wx A2DP" and click on the Remove button. If the uninstall program tells you it had to rename some files prefixed with an x you can remove those using Resco. Go to \Windows and sort by name then scroll to the bottom and you will see files starting with xbt... Delete them. Soft reset. Then you can install the update.
    Hannip...did you install this update? Does it work any better than yours? I hate to toy with something that is already working. Any reason why I should delete yours and use theirs? Thanks
    Cindy from Toledo, Ohio
    I installed the files everything went ok. Now when i pair the my bluetooth which is an a2dp enabled device the "set as wireless stereo" is grayed out.
    I had hannip's and then went with the Sprint update. I didn't notice a difference. Even though I didn't have issues with the Sprint update, I wouldn't suggest doing it because I didn't see any real advantage. Hannip's mod works great.

I even did try doing Hannip's on top off of the Sprint update. I did have some flakeiness after that but I couldn't determine if it was the combo or some other changes I made at the same time. I am just running the Sprint update because that I don't know how to undo.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    The updates from Palm are not just to get a2dp... they are ROM updates, with some other features too. It's like updating to IE7, from 6, just for the look. Yeah, some may say it looks nicer, and some may disagree, but there's more things to think about too
    I say yes, absolutely do the update from Palm

&btw, I can't stand IE, Firefox all the way, just couldn't think of an analogy
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    it worked on my alltel phone. the only problem is that i hear a hissing sound when i play music through Windows Media Player
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Daert Frineds Im in venezuela and Im using a palm treo 750 with Windows Mobile-cingular. I not sure how can install the Hannip solution for this model, please i apperciate your help or any other hint to improve the sound volume and quality for music using the Motorola HT820 bluetooth head stero set.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, Hannip!
    From a very happy Treo 700wx user in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
    Hannip. Thanks for putting this all together. I have been looking for a way to connect my mono bt headset to music on my 700wx for months. It appears that it can not yet be done. Yesterday I downloaded the "Treo 700wx Updater 1.15" off of the palm website. As far as I can tell, it did NOTHING besides changing my Software Version number. What did I do wrong? How can I fit it. Thanks
    Will this file work for the Alltel 700wx and how do I download on the phone? Sorry I am kind of new at this.
    Good news for vzw users. There is a rom update that officially includes A2DP support for both the 700wx AND the 700w. For those 700w users that have installed my A2DP cab you will most likely want to try this rom update to get the official thing. Hopefully it solves the low volume issue on calls while giving you A2DP!

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

Important note: Before installing the update you must uninstall my A2DP install. First turn off bluetooth and soft reset then go to Start->Settings and on the System tab click on Remove Programs. Select "hannip vzw 700wx A2DP" and click on the Remove button. If the uninstall program tells you it had to rename some files prefixed with an x you can remove those using Resco. Go to \Windows and sort by name then scroll to the bottom and you will see files starting with xbt... Delete them. Soft reset. Then you can install the update.
    What about the Alltel 700 wx? Will it work on that either?
    Can someone post the One Step Cab? The links in the first post are not working for me. Thanks!
    Pretty sure the upgrade (cab) is at the Palm website. You can do the whole thing from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequel333 View Post
    Pretty sure the upgrade (cab) is at the Palm website. You can do the whole thing from there.
    Yeah, but I read that the upgrade to 1.15 won't let you tether/ use PAM anymore, so I am probably going to stick with 1.14. Let me know if I am wrong. Thanks
    whats the new word on this.. I would love to get my 700wx to use my bluetooth headphones.. thanks
    Thanks a ton Hannip. We are so friggen lucky to have you with us.

The vzw700wx_a2dp.cab works perfect on my Alltel Treo 700wx! I downloaded that cab to my card for safe keeping. It it was a an easy all-in-one solution. It sounds like there are a few newbies so I'll go into detail.

1) I downloaded the cab in post 1. Its just a cab and a readme text file.
    2) I put it on my card for safe keeping.
    3) I deleted my existing bluetooth paired connections.
    4) I turned of the phones radio and bluetooth then reset.
    5) I turned of the radio again and closed active sync.
    6) I tapped the cab and installed it to the card.
    7) I reset, just for fun.
    8) I paired my stereo headset.
    9) I tapped and held the name of my headset in the bluetooth application and selected the option of "set as wireless stereo".

Now I know my S9 headset is an extremely difficult headset to connect to. This is obvious because my computer, 6800, 750 and Kaiser have had a hell of a time remembering the connection to the S9 but so far Hannips cab is working pretty well. I have to redo the pairing occasionally but that is how the S9 is with all devices.

Thanks Hannip!
    Hannip I just want to thank you again for this fix. I use to think that my S9 headset was junk because it had so much trouble connecting to my Kaiser, Titan, Treo 750 and the desktop. Now I realize that it wasn't the stereo headphones, it was the bluetooth software on those devices.

Using your cab on my 700wx has allowed by bluetooth connection to worked every single time, effortlessly without fail.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hello, I have a question.

I have a Palm Treo 700wx with a plantronics voyager 510, and it pairs but keeps disconneting to the point where I have to go through setup everytime I want to connect. Will this rom update from hanip fix that?
    I wouldn't call it a ROM update. Its hard to say if it would fix your issue or not because we don't know what is causing your issue. We could invest some time and try to find the cause of your issue but I suspect we would not be successful since bluetooth connection issues are a big complicated pain in the arse where some blame the device, some blame the software and some blame the headset and no one ever figures out what the real problem is.

I suggest trying Hannips program if you want to listen to music threw a stereo headset. It is not meant to fix connection issues to mono headsets.