Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940 LastLast
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hannip thanks
    Treo Son!!!
  2.    #742  
    Good news for Sprint users. There is a rom update that officially includes A2DP support for the 700wx.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...t_install.html

Important note: Before installing the update you must uninstall my A2DP install. First turn off bluetooth and soft reset then go to Start->Settings and on the System tab click on Remove Programs. Select "hannip vzw 700wx A2DP" and click on the Remove button. If the uninstall program tells you it had to rename some files prefixed with an x you can remove those using Resco. Go to \Windows and sort by name then scroll to the bottom and you will see files starting with xbt... Delete them. Soft reset. Then you can install the update.
    Thanks for the help in here! I'm new to the forums and I got the install working on my 700w... the only problem is now that even though I have wireless stereo selected as my option in the bluetooth config menu, I can't seem to get music to play through my S9's speakers. I tried WMP as well as Pocket Player. When I click and hold, all I get for choices are edit, delete, and set as hands-free. I double-checked, and all 22 files did install. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ajletiz; 09/03/2007 at 05:29 PM.
  4.    #744  
    hmm, did you soft reset after the install? When you don't see the "Set as Wireless Stereo" option when you click and hold it means the bta2dp.dll driver didn't load. If the a2dp cab installed successfully and you soft reset it should be loaded. You can check to make sure it's there by using dotfred's taskmgr and list the devices. It will show which devices are loaded and which are not.

DotFred's taskmgr app can be found here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280104
    (you have to sign in to see the attached files)
    You're the man Hannip! My wife bought me a Bluetooth stereo headset for our anniversary and I spent 2 hours trying to get them to work before I saw on Palms website that the 700wx isn't AD2P capable so I set out ot search the forums, when I found your thread I jumped for joy (literally)!! I thought I'd have to take them back and continue to use the uncomfortable wired headset, it works FLAWLESSLY for me!! Now I can listen to my music more comfortably, and watch movies on my Treo while in bed without waking my wife!! This needs to be a sticky!!!
    Okay so I'm still have some trouble. I tried a hard reset to start from scratch and verified that all 22 out of 22 files had installed. I am still getting the option to check off wireless stereo, but when I click-hold I'm only getting 'set as hands-free', 'delete' and 'edit' as options. I read on here that you are using the S9... did you run into unusual problems like this at all? Thanks again for all your help.
  7.    #747  
    I did not have any issues like that. By chance did you install the vzw 1.22 update when it was available?
    I missed it and they had taken it down before I had a chance to install it. Do I need to have a different program (other than Windows Media) for this to even be an option? If so, what are you using?
    Last edited by ajletiz; 09/05/2007 at 12:45 AM.
  9.    #749  
    No, you don't need a special player. When the S9's are paired it should automatically enable A2DP and you should hear a notification tune play from the S9's. The problem you are having is that the A2DP driver isn't loading for some reason.

How old is your 700w? Did it get the vzw 1.10 update? I'm wondering if it has the original rom and that's why you are having problems.
    I got my Treo used and assumed (foolishly) that it had been updated. Now that I've done the hard reset I am back at square one. Do you know of a mirror site anywhere that would still have the 1.10 rom update available for download?
    Hey Hannip,
    Thought I'd let you and everyone else know, in case you haven't heard: palm re-released the 1.22 ROM updater for 700w/wx. Thanks again for all your help.
    -Adam
    Ok are you talking about the email everyone received yesterday about Palm update 1.20 for 700wx that is no where to be found on their site?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I just installed the Verizon 1.22 (rev1) update that Palm made available last night (this is the one that fixes the data connect issues from the first 1.22 update). I downloaded Hannip's zip file and compared some of the BT files to the ones on my phone after the update mentioned above. It seems the ones on my phone now are newer (dates are 3/29/07) but the file sizes are smaller than the ones in Hannip's file. For example:

bta2dp.dll: 3/29/07 49508 bytes (from the 1.22r1 update)
    bta2dp.dll: 2/22/07 53520 bytes (from Hannip's README.txt)

A cursory glance reveals similar differences on other files listed in the README. I wonder what the differences are between the files and if there would be any reason to still run Hannip's update for better performance with the BT stack?

***UPDATE***

Just for fun I tried it; didn't work. The cab file said "1 of 22 files copied"; I guess it won't overwrite newer versions.
    Last edited by haus; 09/21/2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: updated information
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    I just installed the Verizon 1.22 (rev1) update that Palm made available last night (this is the one that fixes the data connect issues from the first 1.22 update). I downloaded Hannip's zip file and compared some of the BT files to the ones on my phone after the update mentioned above. It seems the ones on my phone now are newer (dates are 3/29/07) but the file sizes are smaller than the ones in Hannip's file. For example:

bta2dp.dll: 3/29/07 49508 bytes (from the 1.22r1 update)
    bta2dp.dll: 2/22/07 53520 bytes (from Hannip's README.txt)

A cursory glance reveals similar differences on other files listed in the README. I wonder what the differences are between the files and if there would be any reason to still run Hannip's update for better performance with the BT stack?

***UPDATE***

Just for fun I tried it; didn't work. The cab file said "1 of 22 files copied"; I guess it won't overwrite newer versions.
    So I guess you're saying that Hannips A2DP Hack no longer loads in at allif you have the _1.22 update?

To bad! I was actually going to try it in hopes that it would help with other bluthooth issues. Presently I am having TERRIBLE problems with bluetooth cuting in and out or just not connecting at all with TWO differnt bluetooth devices.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    So I guess you're saying that Hannips A2DP Hack no longer loads in at allif you have the _1.22 update?

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Definitely didn't work for me. The 1.22 update didn't solve any BT issues for me (headset dropping and buzzing on first call after soft reset, not to mention dismal range/static). I'm waiting on the 800w, but not holding my breath given the lack of info.
    Hannip,
    Tried your new verizon cab listed in the original post. Have a Tritton AXBlueStream that I can pair with my PC and get to work. Can't get it to show the Wireless Stereo option when I pair it with my Treo 700wx. Any thoughts. When I'm in the partnership settings for the headset it shows wireless stereo, but when I tap and hold the device, I only get Edit, Delete, and Set as Hands-Free. Thoughts?
    FWIW, I'm using the Sprint 1.15 update and tried the Motorola S805's and they're working very well. In fact I was rather shocked how good they sound compared to a wired.

I'll probably have a full review up on WmExperts next week or so (and will also test it on the Moto Q & 6800).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I like the rest of you had tried many BT headsets. The 1.15 update didn't help much either. Finally have found one with out connection problems, dropouts or buzzing on first call. The Samsung WEP200 has worked without problems for the past 3wks. The callers on the other side also say I'm much clearer and louder than with previous BT headsets. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fit in the ear. Solved this with Jabra ear gel that fits the unit and my ear perfectly!
    Hi everyone! Awesome forum.. Just wondering I have a 700wx from Alltel that I recently purchased in Aug. I have not seen any updates regarding bluetooth for their handset but I was wondering if vzw700wx_a2dp.zip will work on my phone? or is it Verizon specific? My wx currently does not have bt dun, has to be tether via usb cable so my laptop can use Alltel's internet access and I think they disabled the ability to create a PAN network with my computer it which I want. I'd like to be able to connect my 700wx to my laptop and use my home internet via bluetooth. (reverse dun) Will this work by changing the bt stacks? Thanks in advance...

My software version is: TREO700WX-1.11-ROWEN
    [

Does anyone know if this patch works on the alltel 700wx? If not any help in getting my phone A2DP compatible?