Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. goggremlin
    My Treo locks up when I attempt to use it for DUN after installing your software hannip, Can you recommend some steps for troubleshooting and identifying the problem perhaps?

Its a Sprint 700wx and I'm attempting to use it with a Nokia 770
  2.    #722  
    Some have said they had better luck by changing the power settings to not turn the power off while they are using DUN. I really don't use it much so that's why I defer people to the thread on this topic over here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137491
    Thanks for the advice Hannip,

I did as you said - downloaded the A2DP install and followed the steps you layed out. Now when I click on the bluetooth headset it shows wireless stereo as a service option but no headset icon appears at the top of the page and I still can't get A2DP to work. Obviously there is still something missing or being blocked. Any idea what that might be? I'm sure I'm not the only treo user in Canada to want to know!

Thanks again!

PS headsets work with my pc and with the telephone funtion of my treo
  4.    #724  
    You have to click and HOLD on the device name in bluetooth settings until a popup menu appears. The last option on that menu should be "Set as Wireless Stereo". Select that to active music mode.
    Thanks again Hannip fro your patience. Under partnership settings for my headset is listed "hands-free" and "wireless stereo" but if I click and hold the headset I am only given the options "edit" ,"delete" and "set as hands free".

Someone suggested that a hard reset might help. I'm a bit reticent though everything is backed up. What do you think?

I'm still hopefull I can get this to work. I'm a jogger and am having troubles with the headphone jack.

Arnste
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'd say the odds are very good based on MrZ's results.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=260
    Do you know of any downsides to applying this one-step install? For instance, have you heard of any instances where it messes up the phone's ability to synch to other devices (e.g, a BT mono headset)?

As far as I can see, the Alltel 700wx is pretty equivalent to the Verizon wx. This patch would seem to rectify the only shortcoming I have found. (And, if I'm following the postings correctly, it seems fairly safe and straight-forward for even a newbie, such as myself, to apply.)

Thanks again!
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by arnste View Post
    Thanks again Hannip fro your patience. Under partnership settings for my headset is listed "hands-free" and "wireless stereo" but if I click and hold the headset I am only given the options "edit" ,"delete" and "set as hands free".

Someone suggested that a hard reset might help. I'm a bit reticent though everything is backed up. What do you think?

I'm still hopefull I can get this to work. I'm a jogger and am having troubles with the headphone jack.

Arnste
    hmm, that sounds like the bta2dp driver didn't load. Did the install say it installed 22 of 22 files?
  8.    #728  
    Quote Originally Posted by shishkoo View Post
    Do you know of any downsides to applying this one-step install? For instance, have you heard of any instances where it messes up the phone's ability to synch to other devices (e.g, a BT mono headset)?

As far as I can see, the Alltel 700wx is pretty equivalent to the Verizon wx. This patch would seem to rectify the only shortcoming I have found. (And, if I'm following the postings correctly, it seems fairly safe and straight-forward for even a newbie, such as myself, to apply.)

Thanks again!
    Reports from other users suggest that it just improves things. Do a full backup prior to install and you will be safe. If problems occur then you can simply do a hard reset and full restore.
    I don't recall if 22 of 22 installed. Which is the driver file? The Cab file? I could try reinstalling it perhaps?

Thanks!

Arnste
    Hi Hannip
    Thought I would ask the expert before I went ahead with new 700wx updater from Sprint, was notified today. According to the information it says it has an update for A2DP. I didn't want to update this if it will screw up what you created, as I am loving getting all my sounds through BT8010.

By the way, I know you have a BT8010 now. Although I really love it, especially being able to use only the right headset so it doesn't look like I am actually ignoring people. Sometimes my sound from music in Windows Media Player, and movies in TCPMP cuts out occasionally. Do you find this to be true? Especially with movies, if I turn my head away from the Treo sound stops, when I turn my head back, sound comes back. Any thoughts?

Thanks again, for all you do on this forum. First place I look to come when I want answers.
    Cindy
    Toledo Ohio
  11.    #731  
    Hi Cindy
    Where did you hear about a Sprint updater? There is one for VZW 700w/wx, but I don't know anything about one from Sprint yet. Did you receive an email or text message from Sprint? Can you post what it says and do you have a link for the updater?

If there is an updater you would need to uninstall my A2DP install first before applying it.

Regarding the 8010, yes I have the same issue. I have to keep my big head out of the way between the device and main earpiece or it will skip occasionally. It seems that bt 2.0 devices are less tolerant when paired with a bt 1.2 device than 1.2 to 1.2 or 2.0 to 2.0.
    Hi Hannip
    Here is what was emailed to me by www.treonauts.com

"Treo 700p and Treo 700w|wx Updaters for Sprint and Verizon

A number of official Palm updaters have become available for Treo 700 owners on both Sprint and Verizon networks.

Enhancements to both the Sprint Treo 700p Update and Verizon Treo 700p Update in this version 1.10 include:

Performance improvements to Phone application
    System improvements to minimize skipping during music playback with Pocket Tunes and eliminate audio delays experienced on some games
    Performance improvement to minimize delays experienced when loading Blazer browser
    Support for new daylight savings time legislation, plus a simplified Date/Time preference panel
    Increased expansion card support including 4GB SD cards and SDHC cards
    Resolution of certain "wake up" issues that may occur with certain third party push email solutions
    Improved SMS messages handling to lessen stalling of messages.
    For customers using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP 2 and above, an update to VersaMail client now includes an update to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync which adds Microsoft’s Direct Push Technology for push email, calendar and contacts. Also adding other EAS functionality such as remote wipe, policy support, and global address lookup
    Bluetooth Connectivity Enhancements:
    Increases list of supported/compatible Bluetooth wireless car kits, including BMW and Toyota/Lexus
    Improves overall user experience with supported Bluetooth wireless car kits and headsets (e.g. allow user to manually connect / disconnect to a Bluetooth device)
    Additional Bluetooth wireless functionality (e.g. audio routing to Bluetooth headset even when wired headset is plugged in)

Verizon Treo 700w|wx Updater (Version 1.22) enhancements include:

High-speed dial up networking (DUN) – use your Treo smartphone as a wireless modem for fast web access virtually anywhere1. Supports USB and Bluetooth connections.
    Advanced audio support (A2DP) – listen to the clear sounds of high-definition audio with new support for Bluetooth stereo headphones.
    Today Screen enhancements – one-touch access to the Speakerphone and Mute control buttons gives you more freedom than ever.
    Hands-free enhancements – Drive safely and work more efficiently. Get support for even more Bluetooth carkits and the Palm wired carkit.
    Abbreviated dialing preferences – save time with the international dialing prefix and abbreviated dialing for campus environments.
    Verizon Treo 700wx enhancements include:

Updated Registry settings for Bluetooth stereo headphones (A2DP) and Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking (DUN) support.
    DUN performance improvements.
    Additional Daylight Savings Time features."

Here is the website link to Palm that they give:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...37&PID=1511436

After review, would you let me know if this should be done? Or should I keep yours instead. I don't want to jeopardize being able to hear all my sounds because I love it! I just figured out the last piece of the puzzle...copy movies to SD card and using TCPMP...so my Treo 700wx now does absolutely everything I wanted it for: internet, email, music, movies, contacts, etc. Not sure what I will research next.
    Thanks again
    Cindy
    Toledo Ohio
  13.    #733  
    Cindy, the update for the 700w/wx is only for verizon. The Sprint update is for the 700p. Nothing you need to do.
    Thanks Hannip
    Really glad I checked with you first.
    Cindy
    Any news on incorporating the BT files from the the VZW 1.22 update for us Sprint folks? lol
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalCow.com View Post
    I haven't found an answer to this issue with HT820's. Any ideas?

If this is just an issue with the HT820's, I'm ok with returning it and getting another headset. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Looks like we're still being ignored... Well cow, I had an HT820 set that broke, & I got my current pair to replace it. As far as I know/noticed, this never happened to my old pair, so it my be a defect in a select few pair... I'm installing the new update for VZW 700w's as I type, so maybe this'll fix it.

btw, have you also had the weird problem if if gets out of range or cuts out for a second? When either happens to me, my music speeds up a little & the pitch raises... maybe it's just me
    LongLivePalm
    This upgrade works with Telus 700wx Treos as well.

Paired up with my Motorola S9 headphones and it works like a charm.

Jim
    Hmm How do you activate the headphones.
    I have a vzw treo with the newest update and I paired my logitech headphones just fine. Its also set to wireless headphones

But how do I use them now? I played music but it still comes out of my phone
  19.    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmushy View Post
    Hmm How do you activate the headphones.
    I have a vzw treo with the newest update and I paired my logitech headphones just fine. Its also set to wireless headphones

But how do I use them now? I played music but it still comes out of my phone
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=724
  20.    #740  
    Thanks mike700wx for the S9's! They look and sound awesome!