Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 LastLast
    I did left it out for hours then took it to the sprint store and they could not fix it gave me a new one.. I am really affriad to try it again in case i fry it so soon after being replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You need to switch back and forth between the old and new bluetoothuart.dll. When you use your JX-10's you'll need the original dll and when you use your S9's you'll need the new dll. I wrote a script to do it for you at this link.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=520

Note: this is only for the 700w. The 700wx does not have this issue.
    I was able to make A2DP work on my Verizon Treo 700w by installing a file created by a very helpful TC member (Hannip). However, after installing the script that allows me to switch back and forth between my old and new bluetoothuart.dll's (that Hannip created as well) so that I could still use my hands free headset, my S9's started dropping out while playing music. Before I installed the script, and I was running on the new bluetoothuart.dll only, the S9's worked fine, but the volume on by Jabra JX-10's was very soft. The script fixed my Jabra's volume issue, and my S9's still play music, but, like I said before, they drop out a lot. If anyone has any helpful ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Thank you in advance.

Jason
    i installed this in my phone last night but i don't see any difference...i didn't see the wireless mode on the menu....i didn't soft reset before i swapped the files over...could that be it??...how can i fix this problem??....also, is it only the .dll files that need to be swapped over or all of the files??
  4.    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by jctchr1 View Post
    I was able to make A2DP work on my Verizon Treo 700w by installing a file created by a very helpful TC member (Hannip). However, after installing the script that allows me to switch back and forth between my old and new bluetoothuart.dll's (that Hannip created as well) so that I could still use my hands free headset, my S9's started dropping out while playing music. Before I installed the script, and I was running on the new bluetoothuart.dll only, the S9's worked fine, but the volume on by Jabra JX-10's was very soft. The script fixed my Jabra's volume issue, and my S9's still play music, but, like I said before, they drop out a lot. If anyone has any helpful ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Thank you in advance.

Jason
    Jason, you have to run the script each time you want to switch between a2dp (music) and phone use. Unfortunately on the 700w you can't do both at the same time. The script toggles it back and forth each time you run it.
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    i installed this in my phone last night but i don't see any difference...i didn't see the wireless mode on the menu....i didn't soft reset before i swapped the files over...could that be it??...how can i fix this problem??....also, is it only the .dll files that need to be swapped over or all of the files??
    Yes, not doing the soft reset first will cause problems. That's why it's in the instructions. Firstly why are you doing it the hard way. Download the ONE STEP cab installer from one of the links on the first post and use that. Please read the doc that is included in the zip and follow the preparation steps before running the installer.
    Hi everyone,
    I am new Treo 700wx user and new to this forum. I have read this entire thread from start to finish...all 35 pages...and I am more confused then ever.
    Been a Mac user since 1980 and only a PC user since last May, so I don't really understand a lot about the internal workings of Windows. If software or even fonts don't automatically install, I just don't know what to do.
    So....(1) I click on the one step cab from post #1 using my Treo?
    (2) Or should I download to PC, then what?
    (3) Just want a A2DP compatible headset so I can use for phone calls and to listen to music/sounds/slingbox just like my corded earpiece...don't really want actual headphones. So what exactly should I buy?
    Thanks for any help you can offer to assuage my fears about installation, etc. I am not very technically oriented and usually don't have much luck with software even when I follow directions.
    Looking forward to any advice. Thanks again.
  7.    #687  
    1) download to pc the one step cab installer from one of the links on the first post.
    2) unzip the zip file that contains a cab file and a readme doc.
    3) connect your sync cable and when activesync connects click on Explore. This will show you your files on the treo. Drag the cab over to your treo. If you didn't change folders in the Explore window your cab will be copied to "My Documents".
    4) read the readme doc and follow the preparation steps. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    5) after you have performed the preperation steps on your treo open up File Explorer and navigate to My Documents. You should see the cab file listed. Run it by pressing the center dpad button or clicking on it with your stylus. It will ask you if you want to install on your storage card or device. Pick one, doesn't matter. When the install is done it should say it installed 22 of 22 files. If you got this far you are done.
    Dear Hannip
    Thanks for taking pity on me and offer Simple Setup for Dummies, but not making me feel like one.
    Whenever I purchase something I tend to do miles & miles of research. Which I am doing now to find a A2DP headset. So I thought, after hours on the internet, I might contribute a website I came across that lists all A2DP compatibles
    www.robertwebbe.nl/A2DP.html
    I am currently looking at all the headsets listed but haven't narrowed any down.
    I'm glad I chose the Treo 700wx, after much research of course, and I have figured out a lot of what it can do...but still so much to learn. Finding this discussion site, and you, has been quite a blessing for this amateur. Thanks again, I will tune in often.
    Cindy
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    hannip

I received my JABRA 8010 and installed it and it works fantastic on my Treo700Wx
    So now i can do circuit training with my music & won't disturb others.

I am indebted to you and this helpful/responsive forum to assist the less experieced like me.

Bill
    Hannip, Slingbox et al
    (1) Ever heard of BlueMusic software? Sold at Bluemusic.com or Mobihand.com
    I am reading it to say a software program which allows you to hear music/treo sounds on any old mono bluetooth single ear headset. For those of us who don't want to wear stereo headphones. Is this true?

(2) Software by Resco that works like an FM Tuner? Found at Mobihand too.

I've read hours on these two programs abd trying to understand. Just wondering about your opinion. Still trying to squeeze everything out of my Treo 700wx that I can.

Thanks all, Cindy from Toledo
  11.    #691  
    None of the hacks or software that claims to allow you to listen to music over standard bt headsets do not work on the 700 series of treo's. It's a hardware limitation which can't be solved with software. Only A2DP capable headphones and headsets will let you listen to music via bt.

I'm not familiar with the Resco FM tuner sw.
    Ok newb help here:

I am a Sprint Treo 700wx user, and I want buy the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 Bluetooth headset. What do I need to make these compatible so I can listen to music and talk?
  13.    #693  
    You are in the right place emd2009. Just pick one of the links on the first post of this thread to download the ONE STEP installer and follow the preparation instructions that are in the zip file. This will give you full A2DP and AVRCP capability which is what the HBH-DS970 need.
    I have paired my bluetooth earaphone and it works fine on the phone, but I have not been able to get media player sound to it. What do I need to do?
    Sorry, forgot to mention what kind of bluetooth earphone. Will it support the A2DP fix make it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    1) download to pc the one step cab installer from one of the links on the first post.
    2) unzip the zip file that contains a cab file and a readme doc.
    3) connect your sync cable and when activesync connects click on Explore. This will show you your files on the treo. Drag the cab over to your treo. If you didn't change folders in the Explore window your cab will be copied to "My Documents".
    4) read the readme doc and follow the preparation steps. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    5) after you have performed the preperation steps on your treo open up File Explorer and navigate to My Documents. You should see the cab file listed. Run it by pressing the center dpad button or clicking on it with your stylus. It will ask you if you want to install on your storage card or device. Pick one, doesn't matter. When the install is done it should say it installed 22 of 22 files. If you got this far you are done.
    I am new to treocentral and everything in the above post is very clear, which by the way Hannip is very helpful to someone like me! anyways, I am using the vista windows mobile device center for my 700wx and when i extract these files to my phone, then go to retrieve them on my memory card, they are not there. I do a search for setup files on card and I am able to find them there, but it makes the file type xml and when i click on it to run setup, it opens up internet explorer and shows all of the commands in text format, but does not execute them. am i doing something wrong? forgive me im new.
  17.    #697  
    newtreouser1 do not unzip the cab file. It may look like a zip file but it is actually an install program that you need to run on the treo.
  18.    #698  
    Quote Originally Posted by gwheat47 View Post
    Sorry, forgot to mention what kind of bluetooth earphone. Will it support the A2DP fix make it work?
    The Motorola HS 810 does not support the A2DP bluetooth profile. Most bluetooth headphones support A2DP. There is only one bluetooth headset that I know of that supports it. Jabra BT8010.
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    I gotta question for anyone who might want to contribute: Is anyone else getting a high-pitched hum during vocal parts to music? (700w w/ HT820). There's a tiny bit of static, and a really high, steady-pitched noise during singing... anyone else? How might this be fixed?
    I haven't found an answer to this issue with HT820's. Any ideas?

If this is just an issue with the HT820's, I'm ok with returning it and getting another headset. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by PoliticalCow.com; 07/02/2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: More info
    No bull, just political cow.
    www.thepoliticalcow.com
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Will this work with the newly reviewed Jabra BT5020? I've never used BT before, but installed the A2DP patch a couple months ago.

Thanks for any help!