Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Bummer, the disconnect problem seems to continue to occur with my Plantronics 510.. (Treo 700w). Still, it might not be as bad as before, need to spend more time with it. Will post an update in a while.

But.. it definitely made the P655 work when it wouldn't before. Other than the lower volume the new stack has been worth keeping.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quick question...will a BT 2.0 headset work with the 700wx after this is setup and working? Or can I only have a BT 1.2 headset with it?

Thanks in advance.

ENV
  3.    #663  
    2.0 headsets should be backward compatible with 1.2. YMMV depending on the headset. Try before you buy if possible.
    Hp has always seriving people, it has been a largest in technology,
    most of the advanced technology is introduced by HP only.
    Ugh, I hate to ask the question since it seems to be asked a lot but...

Drop-out issues using Plantronics Discovery 640....better? No difference?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Ugh, I hate to ask the question since it seems to be asked a lot but...

Drop-out issues using Plantronics Discovery 640....better? No difference?
    Since you have been gone (lol), someone has made BIG progress w/contacts syncing with BMW carkits via the newest jetware app. Check that thread out, if THAT was possible I wouldn't be surprised if the dropout issue is fixed also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Since you have been gone (lol), someone has made BIG progress w/contacts syncing with BMW carkits via the newest jetware app. Check that thread out, if THAT was possible I wouldn't be surprised if the dropout issue is fixed also.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Guess I'll give it a shot. And it's good to be back...liked the Q a lot, but really dig the Treo

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Guess I'll give it a shot. And it's good to be back...liked the Q a lot, but really dig the Treo
    I agree, after changing to the Cingular 750 mine's been pretty solid. Haven't used the BJ in a few weeks, while it waits for its wm6 update
  9.    #669  
    Are my eyes deceiving me? Malatesta have you given up on the Q?
    First let me thank you for the great work Hannip. Moto 850 headphones are sounding great on my 700w. Here is my problem. I cannot get the Btuart toggle script to toggle between native and a2dp. Mortscript is installled. Script says it is switching, and gives soft reset, but volume stays low, and stereo phones still pair up even in native state. Phone goes back to native bluetooth state if I uninstall a2dp.
  11.    #671  
    Since you uninstalled try reinstalling and the script should work. Sounds like you had the new btuart stuck in place of the rom version. The script is suppose to rename it. Make sure you have bt off when you run the script.
    No Luck Hannip. Reinstalled a2dp. Soft reset. Bt off. run script. simply will not tiggle between the two. It seems that the a2dp is always on. I woner if any other 700w owners are having the same problem. Thanks for the quick response. Any help would be welcome. Keep up the good work.
    Hannip. I noticed that the btuart script would still say it had switched dll's even after a2dp was uninstalled. I beleive your script renames the file BluetoothUart_New. I deleted that file, reinstalled a2dp, and all seems to be well. Thanks for the hard work. Hope this helps someone out there.
    Hello all... I am joining late in the game, but I have a question. I'm sorry if it was already answered. I have a Treo 700w (Verizon) and have been using a Jabra JX-10 for the past 6 months and love it. I never have any complaints about people not being able to hear me (even outside in the wind). Last week I bought a set of Motorokr (S9's). I followed the instructions included in this forum and was able to make the S9's work perfectly. In fact, I was rocking out at the gym tonight. However, when I went to make a phone call, going back to the Jabra JX-10's, the volume while "in call" is very faint. I know the problem isn't with the Jabra, because "beep" is still very loud when I try to turn the volume up. The problem lies only in the volume during the call. Am I doomed? Will I not be able to use the Jabra and the S9's together with the "new Bluetooth stack"? Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Jason
  15.    #675  
    You need to switch back and forth between the old and new bluetoothuart.dll. When you use your JX-10's you'll need the original dll and when you use your S9's you'll need the new dll. I wrote a script to do it for you at this link.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=520

Note: this is only for the 700w. The 700wx does not have this issue.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hello Hannip,
    I have just installed this on my 700wx. This may be a obvious question but I have a Cardo Scala 500 Bluetooth headset. When I get the menu after holding down on the device, the Set as Wireless Stereo option is grayed out. Is this because this headset is not A2DP capable? My wife has a Plantronics 501 headset and don't know if that is A2DP capable either. The installation of the cab went fine. I did a soft reset afterwards and I did notice the THB Kit icon in the settings. Is there any other way to verify this was installed correctly?
    Thanks
    housej55
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You need to switch back and forth between the old and new bluetoothuart.dll. When you use your JX-10's you'll need the original dll and when you use your S9's you'll need the new dll. I wrote a script to do it for you at this link.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=520

Note: this is only for the 700w. The 700wx does not have this issue.

Hannip,
    It worked. My Jabra JX-10 works great now. However, I went to the gym tonight, turned my Jabra off, paired up my S9's and started to rock out. But the music was skipping... bad. They were working great last night before I installed the script that switches back and forth for me. Any ideas? Thanks again in advance.
    Jason
    did it fry my TREO i did the update last night and this morning all i have is the treo splash screen i cant even hold the power and reset key to erase the treo and start again ?

anyone has any ideas?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have been following this thread for quite awhile now. I have seen a few others talk about weak signal issues with the Motorola S9s. I too get drop outs if the treo is moving. For instance, if I am standing still with the treo in pocket and headphones on it works great. But if I start to walk it will skip. It seems that I can cut down on the skips if I turn off the phone portion of the phone. Any ideas why it cuts out like this if it is in motion?
    Quote Originally Posted by edwarto View Post
    did it fry my TREO i did the update last night and this morning all i have is the treo splash screen i cant even hold the power and reset key to erase the treo and start again ?

anyone has any ideas?
    Try removing the battery for a couple of seconds and see if that soft-reset helps or allows you to do a hard-reset.