Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    ok what am i doing wrong. i installed the cab, it said 22 of 22 installed and said must reset so i did. im not getting voice command 1.6 over my bluetooth headset. i hold the button on the headset and it activates voice command but its not announcing anything through the headset....is this a problem with the stack? how do i fix this
    Guys my ISP Server crashed hard they said. And it won't be fixed for weeks. I am in the process of moving my site to another ISP due to poor customer service from this one. I will get back with ya when it is back online.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hannip,

I am struggling with using Bluetooth headset to listen to Windows media Player. Palm claim the 700Wx is not A2dp compatible while other posts say I must use an A2Dp compatible Headset. Plantronocs say their 590 A will not work with any 700.

I am told you have a patch that relates to this,

I would appreciate if you would enlighten me.

Bill
    Guillame, try reading the thread. That will answer your question.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I appreciate your response
    I did read it before and since have downloaded and unzipped and i get
    an XML setup file and 8 other files.

It's not clear to me how to obtain the CAB file from these files.
  6.    #646  
    guillame, if you got an xml setup file you unzipped the cab which is not what you want to do. You need to copy the cab to your device and run it there.

Use the ONE STEP cab install from the first post. Use one of the links to download it. Don't use the attached file in that post cuz it's more complicated of an install. When you download the ONE STEP zip file you extract the readme file and the cab. Please read the readme file and follow the instructions there.
    Last edited by hannip; 05/20/2007 at 09:06 AM.
  7.    #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmvuser View Post
    Austin,
    Thanks for the response.

Let me go through this in steps.
    1- I opened vzw700wx_a2dp.zip and extracted the files.
    There were 19 dll files, 1 cab file, 1 BMP file and 1 cpl file.

2- I extracted all the files to my storage card and placed them in a temporary folder.

3- I installed the cab file.

4- I turned off bluetooth and did a soft reset.

5- I tried to use resco explorer to move the remaining files to Windows, but was unable to see them; so I used commander and moved the remaining files to windows.

6- I turned on bluetooth.

7- Paired the device.

8- 2 check box's appeared one for Hands Free and one for Wireless Stereo.

9- I checked both box's

10- Tried to listen to Resco Radio, NO MUSIC.

11- Did soft reset and made sure the device was still paired and tried to make Phone call, NO PROBLEM, tried to listen to Resco Radio and NO MUSIC.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG....HELP!
    You missed step 9.5. Go to your list of bluetooth devices and use your stylus to CLICK AND HOLD on the device name for your A2DP headphones that are paired until a popup menu appears. The menu should have the following options.

Edit
    Delete
    Set as Hands-free
    Set as Wireless Stereo

Select Wireless Stereo and you should hear a chime indicating it is now in A2DP mode. Play some music.
  8.    #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    ok what am i doing wrong. i installed the cab, it said 22 of 22 installed and said must reset so i did. im not getting voice command 1.6 over my bluetooth headset. i hold the button on the headset and it activates voice command but its not announcing anything through the headset....is this a problem with the stack? how do i fix this
    This cab is to let you use bluetooth headphones or headsets that support the A2DP profile. It will not give you bluetooth voice dialing over a standard headset. The treo 700 series phones do not do bluetooth voice dialing due to the way Palm wired up the bluetooth module. The only treo that can do it is the 750.

There is only one bluetooth headset that supports A2DP and that is the Jabra BT8010. However, even with the BT8010 the Treo 700 can not do bluetooth voice dialing. You can hear other pda sounds while a call is not in progress though.
    well thats what i was wondering, i understand you cant directly voice dial using bluetooth and when you talk to voice command it uses the phone mic not the headset mic.

i was saying the notifications of voice command are coming through the speaker no matter how i have VC settings set, not the headset, like if i click my headset button and say whats my battery level, the woman announces it through the phone speaker not through the headset. is there a way to just fix that?
  10.    #650  
    Yes, get a headset or headphones that support the A2DP profile.
    well Palm makes no sense then. They included VC 1.5 on the phone. Whats the point of voice command if the phones already in your hand? they whole point of voice commands is to use a headset with it so you can keep the phone in your pocket/case. Palm makes no sense at all
    server online guys. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hannip,

I understand and have succesfully installed the patch.
    My plan now is to purchase a jabra A2DP compatible headset and install it.
    Your help is greatly appreciated and again thanks. it's not easy being green or a A2DP newbie.

Bill
    Thanks Hannip,
    for solving the connectivity problem which has caused me so much grief in the last year. My Plantronics 510 no longer disconnects and my Plantronics 665 which never worked now does!!!

Now if there was only an easy way to restore the volume?
    : )
    Quote Originally Posted by austinabrady View Post
    YES, see post#636 above.
    hint: Make sure you have set as wireless stereo, not just the checkbox. Hold your stylus on the device name until you see the drop-down menu.
    Good Luck.

I found the drop down menu and the only choices were Edit, Delete or Set as Hands Free.
    Any suggestions?
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks!
    hey...i hard reset my 700wx and went to install the cab file that i have saved on my sd card and it keeps saying 0 of 0 files installed, please uninstall and reinstall, iv tried everything, what is causing this? previously it would say 18 of 22 when i did it last week during a hard reset...can someone please help me n give me detailed instructions thanks
    To whom it may Concern~

This is my first post on this forum. I just got my i903 from iluv after about a six month wait from B & H audio online. The retail on them before the came out was $199, and I preorder them from B & H for $100. Good deal? I own a Sprint 700 wx unlocked I think. I couldn't get the music to play from windows media in the headphones, but the phone function worked. So in relation to this forum post, If I intall this A2DP to my Treo and try and follow all the steps I've read then they should work, right? Does this include the AVRCP function? Probably not, right? And do I need those software programs to install the A2DP files? And if i need those specific software programs, where is the place I can download them. (I am referring to the Resco). Thanks for the help, sorry for any questions already asked. Thanks.

Nate~

P.S. Exactly how do I do a SOFT rest on my phone? (is this referring to turning the phone off and back on)? or is there another way?
    Last edited by eeklipz; 05/23/2007 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Typo
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmvuser View Post

I found the drop down menu and the only choices were Edit, Delete or Set as Hands Free.
    Any suggestions?
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Have you tried the one step cab install from the first post? Not the attached zip, but one of the links above that. Extract the zip to get the readme file and cab installer. If you didn't download directly to your device use ActiveSync Explore to copy the cab file over. Follow the preparation steps in the readme and run the cab to install. Soft reset.

Once installed you pair your A2DP headphones and then click and hold on the device name to select Wireless Stereo from the popup menu. If Wireless Stereo isn't there it means one of two things. Either your bt device doesn't support A2DP (the s9's do) or the A2DP drivers weren't installed properly. If you still have problems you may need to hard reset and try the process over again.
  19.    #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    hey...i hard reset my 700wx and went to install the cab file that i have saved on my sd card and it keeps saying 0 of 0 files installed, please uninstall and reinstall, iv tried everything, what is causing this? previously it would say 18 of 22 when i did it last week during a hard reset...can someone please help me n give me detailed instructions thanks
    hmm, maybe the installer got messed up. Try copying a fresh cab to your device and try again. Uninstall first and remove any x prefixed files that it renamed. Btw, what does it say when you uninstall? How many files did it uninstall and how many rename? If it says it renamed some count how many x* files there are and if it matches what the uninstaller said. If not there could be a couple of files that were locked that you can rename using Resco, soft reset and then delete. Or you can just hard reset again if that's to complicated. The list of files are in the readme.
  20.    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by eeklipz View Post
    To whom it may Concern~

This is my first post on this forum. I just got my i903 from iluv after about a six month wait from B & H audio online. The retail on them before the came out was $199, and I preorder them from B & H for $100. Good deal? I own a Sprint 700 wx unlocked I think. I couldn't get the music to play from windows media in the headphones, but the phone function worked. So in relation to this forum post, If I intall this A2DP to my Treo and try and follow all the steps I've read then they should work, right? Does this include the AVRCP function? Probably not, right? And do I need those software programs to install the A2DP files? And if i need those specific software programs, where is the place I can download them. (I am referring to the Resco). Thanks for the help, sorry for any questions already asked. Thanks.

Nate~

P.S. Exactly how do I do a SOFT rest on my phone? (is this referring to turning the phone off and back on)? or is there another way?
    Welcome Nate,

Yes it should work with your headphones after installing the A2DP cab.
    Yes it does include the AVRCP functions.
    No you don't need those software programs to install A2DP if you use the ONE STEP cab installer. Download it from one of the links in the first post. NOT that attached file at the bottom of the first post. I'm only keeping that one there in case the other links aren't available.

Copy the cab file to your treo via ActiveSync Explore. Read the readme file and perform the preparation steps then run the cab installer from File Explorer. Soft reset, pair your headphones then click and hold on the device name in the list of paired devices until you see a popup menu. There should be a Wireless Stereo option. Select that and you should then be able to hear sounds and music.

To soft reset you can remove the battery cover and stick your stylus in the reset hole. There is also a way to softreset via software. Here is a link to a cab installer that installs a reset app. It's always better to do a soft reset via software.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=12

If you have never installed a cab installer before you should read this first.
    http://pocketpccentral.net/help/softinstall.htm#ppc