Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Hi Hannip. Newbie here.. installed toggle. Can move between good BT audio and Stereo playing.. Issue is not being able to maintain a good connection with phone in my pocket. If the phone is completely still, the BT HP's work fine. Soon as I put it in my pocket, the sound breaks up. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by a82g View Post
    Hi Hannip. Newbie here.. installed toggle. Can move between good BT audio and Stereo playing.. Issue is not being able to maintain a good connection with phone in my pocket. If the phone is completely still, the BT HP's work fine. Soon as I put it in my pocket, the sound breaks up. Any ideas?
    I have had a similar experience in that, when I am sitting on the bus and the Treo is either in my hand viewing video or in the holster listening to audio only, no problems.

However, when in my holster and I'm walking down the street, I will lose connection for a second or so then get it back then lose it. I think it's worse if I turn my head to the right (the BT pickup for the headset is on the right).

SO, I think the signal is getting blocked by the body. Is their a way to boost it? I'm sure it's in this thread and I need to dig it out BUT I've been wanting to propose if what I've described could be the issue?
  3.    #603  
    This seems to be a problem only with specific headphones that are a bit sensitive such as the Jabra BT8010's. If you have your holster on the opposite side from the receiving unit try moving it to the same side. That works for me.
    You could also try lowering the bitpool value to see if that helps.
    My samsung headphones work perfectly even from 30 feet away from my treo in another room with a wall in between while I'm walking around so it is really dependent on the headphones you are using.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by elwa7sh19 View Post
    hannip, i just purchased a 700wx and after reading this thread i bought the Motorola S9 (bt headset - a2dp) and resco explorer. i followed all your directions and while pairing i saw both the "hands free" and "stereo headset" options... i selected both and everything seemed fine. However, the phone worked to make calls but i couldn't play the music... it just played on my phone and not the headset. i tried reinstalling the files but after re-pairing, it only showed the "hands free" option and i can't even see the "stereo headset" option any more... and still can't play the music on the headset...

i'm not that savvy i must admit... but really disappointed it's not working as i followed the steps word for word...

please let me know what i should do... can i start from scratch?
    It sounds like you need to manually select the music mode.
    With bluetooth go to your list of paired devices and tap and hold on the device name until a popup menu appears. Then select "Set as Wireless Stereo" to put it in music mode.
  5.    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by PPI View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but after installing the V1 then later the CAB file, I have had tons of lockups, internet is extremely slow, other problems. I regret installing the hack because my phone worked fine before. So, yesterday I did a hard reset, but I am still having the problems.

My question is:
    Does a hard reset revert the phone to before the hack was installed? If it does then clearly its the phone and not the hack.

Any help is appreciated.
    Yes a hard reset completely removes this install.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    With bluetooth go to your list of paired devices and tap and hold on the device name until a popup menu appears. Then select "Set as Wireless Stereo" to put it in music mode.
    Awesome! i finally got it to work. this is perfect.

by the way... i highly recommend the Motorola S9 it works great and not as bulky looking as the other bt headsets out there. i've been waiting a long time for something like this...

(only complaint so far about the S9 is that the controls are difficult to use while wearing it due to the touch-sensitive volume and nav buttons)

THANK YOU HANNIP... !!!!
  7.    #607  
    Glad you got it working! Those headphones look sweet!
    To everyone that is contimplating about trying this I have to say that this is a plus when I go to the gym and workout. I am a novist to doing things like this and after I installed it I was more than happy.

Thanks Hannip.
    Quote Originally Posted by a82g View Post
    Whew. I thought I was only one getting this problem. I seem to get a better connection holding the Treo in my hand when I run. Sometimes sliding my pager away from the Treo helps too.
    I think this is more of a hardware issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    Whew. I thought I was only one getting this problem. I seem to get a better connection holding the Treo in my hand when I run. Sometimes sliding my pager away from the Treo helps too.
    I think this is more of a hardware issue...
    I recently purchased a workout case from itzkitz that straps around my upper arm. I'll give you an update after I use it a few times...
    Anyone else using these and what's your experience (particularly when on belt):

X5 Stereo Bluetooth Headset.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I never noticed this before but I suppose I didn't mess with it at all.

I just performed a hard reset and tested the Bluetooth incoming ports. After a hard reset I can create bluetooth incoming ports on com's 0, 4, 7, and 8 with out issue. Post installation of the new one step install I can create incoming ports on 0, 4, and 8. When tryin to create on com7 I receive the following error "the com port could not be created. Please check your settings and try again."

My issue with this is that I like to activesync with my notebook via bluetooth and the com ports I have available are 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20

Since I can't get com7 to work after the bluetooth update I'm currently up a creek.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJaNir View Post
    I never noticed this before but I suppose I didn't mess with it at all.

I just performed a hard reset and tested the Bluetooth incoming ports. After a hard reset I can create bluetooth incoming ports on com's 0, 4, 7, and 8 with out issue. Post installation of the new one step install I can create incoming ports on 0, 4, and 8. When tryin to create on com7 I receive the following error "the com port could not be created. Please check your settings and try again."

My issue with this is that I like to activesync with my notebook via bluetooth and the com ports I have available are 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20

Since I can't get com7 to work after the bluetooth update I'm currently up a creek.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    I'm not sure what's causing it but I was able to duplicate the error easily. When trying to create a COM Port of 7, I received the same exact error first time out. Choosing a different COM Port gave no issues.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  14.    #614  
    hmm, what do you have on com5? That's what I use for active sync.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Those 4 are the only com ports available on the 700wx (sprint) and the others are all that is listed as available on my notebook. I just formated it as well and have no peripherals installed.
    Those 4 are the only com ports available on the 700wx (sprint) and the others are all that is listed as available on my notebook. I just formated it as well and have no peripherals installed.
    Yep... All I have is a dropdown list with those 4 options.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I'm curious why you have to create ports on your Treo for BT Activesync? I use A2DP stack and I frequently perform an Activesync via BT without any com ports assigned. I initiate an AS on my Treo all the time without any issues, other than just being close enough to my PC. I can sometimes perform an AS, while being in my room (2nd floor), with my PC in the floor below.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I always needed to allow an incoming port for it to sync properly.
  19.    #619  
    I always needed to allow an incoming port for it to sync properly.
    hmm, I've never had to do that either. I just set active sync connectoin settings on my laptop to allow connections to com5 and it just all works.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hannip, I used your single .cab installation and everything went great. But when I try to select "Set as Wireless Stereo", it is grayed out! I have a sprint 700wx and a Motorola H700 headset. Should this headset work???
    Please help...