Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 785
  1. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If you are using a 700w you might want to use my script to toggle back and forth between a2dp support and good headset quality. If you are using a 700wx I don't have any issues with headset sound quality.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=520
    So everytime I want to toggle, just click on the file "BTUart" in file explorer and soft reset??

    Thanks.
  2.    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    So everytime I want to toggle, just click on the file "BTUart" in file explorer and soft reset??

    Thanks.
    Just click on the BTUartToggle.mscr script and it will swap the dll and soft reset.
  3. #583  
    OK guys. I just had to register and post my "demise". First of all, I must thank and praise our friend's effort into makign this Treo 700WX AD2P-friendly.

    HOWEVER, after more than 4 hours attempting to make it to work on my Telus Treo 700WX, I have no success whatsoever. Whatever file explorer application I use, I just cannot get some of the ROM files to copy over into Windows.

    I soft reset, I uninstall, reinstall, disable Bluetooth throughout, pair, re-pair and repair (!) and yet nothing's working. I do have a Plaintronics 5900 series headset so that's no issue.

    Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong (or not doing for that matter). I am able to install the cab file...

    Let me interrupt myself. Half way through this post, I get it to work, yet many files have not been copied into Windows, yet it works. I do have a slight hiss on the high end but I guess now I have to tweak streaming attributes as was posted in earlier pages. Wow, there is hope after all.

    Thanks guys! Sorry for making you read this fuzzy post.
  4. #584  
    Oups! I forgot to ask a pivotal question: What is this tool you guys use to tweak the streaming attributes, sampling rate and such, taking it down from 48 to 40 (KHz?) and so on?

    Now that I'm in "Reply to" mode, I can't seem to remember the correct keywords but you guys should know what I'm referring to!!! I thought I would find it in Settings but no can do.
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by pluche View Post
    OK guys. I just had to register and post my "demise". First of all, I must thank and praise our friend's effort into makign this Treo 700WX AD2P-friendly.

    HOWEVER, after more than 4 hours attempting to make it to work on my Telus Treo 700WX, I have no success whatsoever. Whatever file explorer application I use, I just cannot get some of the ROM files to copy over into Windows.

    I soft reset, I uninstall, reinstall, disable Bluetooth throughout, pair, re-pair and repair (!) and yet nothing's working. I do have a Plaintronics 5900 series headset so that's no issue.

    Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong (or not doing for that matter). I am able to install the cab file...

    Let me interrupt myself. Half way through this post, I get it to work, yet many files have not been copied into Windows, yet it works. I do have a slight hiss on the high end but I guess now I have to tweak streaming attributes as was posted in earlier pages. Wow, there is hope after all.

    Thanks guys! Sorry for making you read this fuzzy post.
    First off it sounds like you aren't using the easy one step installer. You need to download it from rapidshare using the link on the first post. No need to do it the hard way. In the zip file make sure to read the readme and follow the preparation steps. You must stop all applications before install and after a soft reset.
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by pluche View Post
    Oups! I forgot to ask a pivotal question: What is this tool you guys use to tweak the streaming attributes, sampling rate and such, taking it down from 48 to 40 (KHz?) and so on?

    Now that I'm in "Reply to" mode, I can't seem to remember the correct keywords but you guys should know what I'm referring to!!! I thought I would find it in Settings but no can do.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1206125
  7. #587  
    Well thanks hannip, you're certainly quick to draw!!! (reply that is!). I like that.

    yeah well I guess I'm not in the habit of taking easy street. So I'll go back to the first page and see about that one-step file. I did download the last link on your initial post, thought that was the best course. And yes I did shut down all apps, clear memory as best I could, hell I even kept the battey door off for those pesky freezes and inevitable reboots!

    And thanks for that other link. Man I'm such a freak for tweaking, I had sat down to work a little after 12 today (Sunday) to make up for lost hours uring the week and your little AD2P thingy cost me all afternoon, so now I must make up for it at night ah ah! Later dude!
  8. #588  
    the stereo is working great, but the phone volume is extremely low in the headset mode. I installed hannips bttoggle and I can get one or the other working on my treo 700w. Is that how it is supposed to work or is there a fix for both at once?
  9.    #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by dserensits View Post
    the stereo is working great, but the phone volume is extremely low in the headset mode. I installed hannips bttoggle and I can get one or the other working on my treo 700w. Is that how it is supposed to work or is there a fix for both at once?
    On the 700w you get one or the other unfortunately.
  10. #590  
    Great work hannip. Does this fix the vzn 700w bt headset problem? I have no problems with bt with my audi or ActiveSync but can't use a bt headset without rebooting.
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeewizz101 View Post
    Great work hannip. Does this fix the vzn 700w bt headset problem? I have no problems with bt with my audi or ActiveSync but can't use a bt headset without rebooting.
    If you are talking about the low volume problem on the 700w you need to use the BTUartToggle.mscr script to swap between the new and old dll.
  12. #592  
    No I'm talking about the headset problem that a lot of users are having. Head sets dropping calls and being unable to use them again unless they reset the device or delete the partnership then reestablish it. Apparently there is an issue with the 700w bluetooth stack for headsets. The forums are filled with user complaints but Palm denies there is an issue. See this post below.

    RE: http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...d=161925#M8069
    vzn Treo 700w
  13.    #593  
    You can try it out on the 700w, but there is the low headset volume issue that might make it unusable for that purpose.
  14. #594  
    Link is up on my other website. Use this link instead.

    http://www.acuraclubsa.com/treo/vzw700wx_a2dp.zip

    You should have contacted me to let me know it wasn't working!
  15. #595  
    I found out that the Jetmobile software that shows the Attenna and Batt Meter in my Acura on the display messes up the update that Hanip has. I started to get drops again from my BT headset after sending that update over. Kinda sucks!
  16. #596  
    pimpin-tl, so does post #594 take care of the low headset volume issue?

    Also thanks for the unknowing reference to Jetware. How do you like it? I hated that I couldn't use my outlook contacts when syncing with my '07 Audi A4. I was having to keep 2 address books. 1 on the SIM and one for Outlook. I'm going to give it a try.
    Last edited by jeewizz101; 04/18/2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Jetware comment
    vzn Treo 700w
  17.    #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Link is up on my other website. Use this link instead.

    http://www.acuraclubsa.com/treo/vzw700wx_a2dp.zip

    You should have contacted me to let me know it wasn't working!
    Thanks! I updated the first post to point to the new link.
  18. #598  
    hannip, i just purchased a 700wx and after reading this thread i bought the Motorola S9 (bt headset - a2dp) and resco explorer. i followed all your directions and while pairing i saw both the "hands free" and "stereo headset" options... i selected both and everything seemed fine. However, the phone worked to make calls but i couldn't play the music... it just played on my phone and not the headset. i tried reinstalling the files but after re-pairing, it only showed the "hands free" option and i can't even see the "stereo headset" option any more... and still can't play the music on the headset...

    i'm not that savvy i must admit... but really disappointed it's not working as i followed the steps word for word...

    please let me know what i should do... can i start from scratch?
  19. PPI
    PPI is offline
    PPI's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #599  
    Maybe it is just me, but after installing the V1 then later the CAB file, I have had tons of lockups, internet is extremely slow, other problems. I regret installing the hack because my phone worked fine before. So, yesterday I did a hard reset, but I am still having the problems.

    My question is:
    Does a hard reset revert the phone to before the hack was installed? If it does then clearly its the phone and not the hack.

    Any help is appreciated.
  20. #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    I found out that the Jetmobile software that shows the Attenna and Batt Meter in my Acura on the display messes up the update that Hanip has. I started to get drops again from my BT headset after sending that update over. Kinda sucks!

    pimpin-tl, the Jetware ver 1.3 did seem to solve my bluetooth stack issue with BT phone headsets on the Treo 700w. I installed it yesterday, deleted all of my partnerships, reset the devise and then rejoined all of my device partnerships. Now I can go from the car to the headset to Activesync and any combination with no problem. SWWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!! Just like it should out of the box. Just thought I would pass that on to anyone looking for an non-stereo bluetooth headset solution. $15 bucks, definitely worth it.
    vzn Treo 700w

Posting Permissions