Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Success on a Telus (Canada) 700wx with Sony DR-BT30Q headphones. Thanks for the valuable contribution to the community.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    So for those of us who jumped the gun and manually hacked the new stack onto our 700w/x's when we first got the rom files, there is no uninstall short of manually copying/deleting the old files back on, or hard reset, is there? Or will installing and uninstalling one of the new cabs get rid of everything?
    LongLivePalm
  3.    #543  
    I haven't tried it but you should be able to install the new cab over top of the existing new stack. Then you should be able to uninstall.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Not that I'd want to get rid of it or anything... just need to test an app on the old stack...
    LongLivePalm
    Hey, I tried this patch and sure enough the Motorola BT Veh device now DOES NOT drop calls anymore. I will be ripping out my 3K car NAV system Sunday, Pioneer Z1 and hooking the BT adpater back up and checking out the patch. I had the samsung IP830W and got pissed off and bought the Sprint Treo 700wx only to find out it drops calls.

Great fix - thanks......
    Issue with TCPMP and A2DP. I have started using XCPUScalar at 520 and set the bitrate to 30 (fair) and there is still a delay in the audio while watching movies. When I disconnect the bluetooth and listen through the phone speaker, it is perfect. I am using VideoRA with conversion settings of vid bitrate of 256, audio bitrate of 64, resolution of 320x240, and framerate of 14.985. Any ideas of how I can make the video and audio sync up together. I also did a conversion using Fairuse and had the same situation.
  7.    #547  
    Try TCPMP RC81
    http://rapidshare.com/files/4081071/...81RC1.zip.html

It has better codecs. There is a glitch though that you have to click on the fullscreen button to get the video to display, but worth it.

I leave my bitpool setting at 48 and the sound stays in sync. There is a bit of video frame loss. I get almost 25 fps on an MPEG-4 recording of 368x208 at 30 fps.
    Thanks so much for all of your help and your quick replies Hannip. I downloaded the version of TCPMP you recommended and there still seems to be a small lag with the audio unless you turn off the A2DP. Can I ask what you use to convert to Mpeg4. VideoRA doesn't have the resolution size you mentioned and you also mentioned 2 different fps. Sorry for the ignorance, but I am pretty new to all of this. On another note, the glitch that you mentioned, if you close TCPMP after you opened the movie, then open TCPMP again, the movie will play with the slider and close box at top without having to hit full screen. I am pretty proud I figured that one out all by myself.
  9.    #549  
    The stuff I've tested are movie trailers from pocketmovies.net. They have various recording types you can try out, but they all seem to work well enough on my device.

Read this thread for information on what other people are using to convert movies.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138153

EDIT: Ah I see you are in that thread. oh well. Maybe someone else can make a suggestion.

EDIT2: I just watched the Spiderman 3 trailer from pocketmovies.net. I downloaded the MPEG-4 version recorded with 368x208 res @ 29.970 fps. My A2DP bitpool is set at 40.

Results:
    @312Mhz it played at only 12fps.
    @520Mhz it played at exactly 29.970 fps with 0 dropped frames!!! Smooth as silk and sounded awesome.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/25/2007 at 11:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Does the iTech Clip R35 work fine with Sprint 700wx?

If so where can i buy it for cheap?

Thanks
    i'm getting an ?error? when i try to uninstall that says:

20 of 22 ROM files deleted
    2 had to be renamed prefixed with "x".
    They will need to be manually deledted after a soft reset
    (Q1 - how do i find/remove these two renamed "x" files )

then when i reinstall i get:

20 of 22 ROM files installed
    Uninstall and try again after a soft reset
    Make sure you turn off bluetooth and disconnect sync cable
    (which i've done)

it then gives me a note that says it was successfully installed, however pairing my Plantronics 655 headset does not give me the option (when i select and hold it) to set it as my stereo headset
  12.    #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul67 View Post
    i'm getting an ?error? when i try to uninstall that says:

20 of 22 ROM files deleted
    2 had to be renamed prefixed with "x".
    They will need to be manually deledted after a soft reset
    (Q1 - how do i find/remove these two renamed "x" files )
    Use Resco Explorer to view the \Windows folder and sort by name and scroll to the x's. You should see the 2 files starting with xbt. Delete them.

then when i reinstall i get:

20 of 22 ROM files installed
    Uninstall and try again after a soft reset
    Make sure you turn off bluetooth and disconnect sync cable
    (which i've done)

it then gives me a note that says it was successfully installed, however pairing my Plantronics 655 headset does not give me the option (when i select and hold it) to set it as my stereo headset
    The Plantronics 655 isn't a stereo headset. It doesn't support A2DP.
    and my apologies for just jumping in with troubles without first thanking those who've worked so hard on this... i am amazed!

i was able to delete the offending 'x-files'... and it seems i've properly installed it this time (20 for 20 ROM files and a forced soft reset )... and i guess now i'm off to the store for a stereo bluetooth headset
    Great work hannip.
    Thank you.
    ok i dunno if im the only one here...but when i install the cab it says 20 of 22 files installed uninstall and try again yada yada....is that it or did it not install? cause some people are talking about copying files into windows n stuff n i dont even see anything that has files to copy into windows...im installing on card the folder on the card has four files...is it normal to install 20 of 22 only can someone please help asap
    Ok so now i think i screwed things up. so i installed the files you told me too on my storage card. everything was fine untill i got a new 4gb card to put all my music on. i switched cards and and teh music played fine and everything worked great. so i went to mexico for spring break, so to keep my battery i took it out of the phone. on my plane ride homw i put my battery back in to listen to music, but i would not work, not even for the bluetooth part. i checked the bluetooth is enabled and under settings it shows the headset name and has bluetooth and wireless headset. but it wont connect. do i need to re install on my new storage card? if so, do i need to uninstall it first? how do i get it to work again?

thanks

matt
  17.    #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    ok i dunno if im the only one here...but when i install the cab it says 20 of 22 files installed uninstall and try again yada yada....is that it or did it not install? cause some people are talking about copying files into windows n stuff n i dont even see anything that has files to copy into windows...im installing on card the folder on the card has four files...is it normal to install 20 of 22 only can someone please help asap
    You need to follow the preparation steps in the readme file that came with the zip. Uninstall, follow the prepartion steps and try again.
  18.    #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by matt@nordisk.com View Post
    Ok so now i think i screwed things up. so i installed the files you told me too on my storage card. everything was fine untill i got a new 4gb card to put all my music on. i switched cards and and teh music played fine and everything worked great. so i went to mexico for spring break, so to keep my battery i took it out of the phone. on my plane ride homw i put my battery back in to listen to music, but i would not work, not even for the bluetooth part. i checked the bluetooth is enabled and under settings it shows the headset name and has bluetooth and wireless headset. but it wont connect. do i need to re install on my new storage card? if so, do i need to uninstall it first? how do i get it to work again?

thanks

matt
    Try deleting your paring and re-pair to see if that will work. It's not a problem that you switched sd cards, but if you want to uninstall you'll need to put that other sd card in first.
    Wanted to add to anyone that cares to know that installing this BT stack has made the answer calls button start working on my BMW 330i. Before this, the button would just drop the call. Thanks a billion. This stopped me from returning my phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Try deleting your paring and re-pair to see if that will work. It's not a problem that you switched sd cards, but if you want to uninstall you'll need to put that other sd card in first.
    ok i re paired and reinstalled it, but this time i installed on device instead of on the storage card. it works fine. and the sound on the talk side on the phone is a lot better now.
    thanks

matt