Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Well, this being my first post I want to first say thanks to Hannip for all the work you have done with this! I'm the owner of a Telus branded 700WX and the files you have provided have proved invaluable for increasing the use and functionality of my Treo.

Now, down to business... I have installed the updated Bluetooth stack and it is doing everything it's supposed to. I have had a small skipping and high pitch background noise issue, I have loaded the script you have specified and attempted to change the bitrate, except it will not change. I have enabled/disabled Bluetooth, powered off and on the headset, tried changing the bitrate when bluetooth is off... But all to no avail, it keeps switching back (or never changing?) from 48. Any suggestions?
  2.    #522  
    Don't confuse the menu selection with the current value. The menu always starts with the top selection.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Don't confuse the menu selection with the current value. The menu always starts with the top selection.
    Ah ok, so regardless of whatever the bitrate it set to, the first menu item will always appear as selected? If this is the case, is there any way to tell which bitrate is currently selected?
    Ok, here is the script I promised. You will have to download MortScript from this url and install the PPC cab.

http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...18&action=list

Then download the BTUartToggle.zip below, extract the file BTUartToggle.mscr and copy it to your device. Then pull up BTUartToggle.mscr in File Explorer and run it. It checks which version of BluetoothUart.dll is active and switches to the other.

Test it out and let me know if you have any issues with it.
    Thank you so much now my volume is up again on the talk side. but i do have one problem, now when im listening to songs it sounds like it is skipping every 2 seconds or so. ieve tryed playing different song and from different places (storage card and song already loaded on my phone. what should i do now.
    Ok, here is the script I promised. You will have to download MortScript from this url and install the PPC cab.

http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...18&action=list

Then download the BTUartToggle.zip below, extract the file BTUartToggle.mscr and copy it to your device. Then pull up BTUartToggle.mscr in File Explorer and run it. It checks which version of BluetoothUart.dll is active and switches to the other.

Test it out and let me know if you have any issues with it.
    nevermind it works!!!! thanks a million....
    i followed the exact simple directions everything installed fine but when i turned on the bluetooth still no sound through bluetooth when playing song when i looked uder the device the set as stereo headset is grayed out...i have installed twice same results...can someoen help
    I need some help. I couldn't get me Plantronics 510 vD to work so I went out and brought a Motorola HT820. It does work but I am having two major problems. One is when I receive a call the phone don't ring. I don't were the head set all the time and I am missing calls. Two, is when I stop using the head set and turn it off, the speaker stops working. I hear phone caller, music or alarms. What I am doing wrong?

thanks
    billf.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I want to start off by saying thatnks Hannip!!! Great time and effort put in to enable a feature that PALM should have done!!!

I have a Treo 700w and my wife bought me a Kyocera Wireless Stereo Headset w\ pendant controller. After pairing it I was not getting the wireless stereo option. Then I found your info. I installed the cab file and wala...there it was. I was able to listen to music and it worked perfect.

The problem is now the BT hands free does not work. I receive a call and it rings in the headset, but when answered, no sounds. I have set it to hands free and unchecked the stereo option and still no luck. I have even used the script you provided to swap the dll file and still no good
    Any help?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    i followed the exact simple directions everything installed fine but when i turned on the bluetooth still no sound through bluetooth when playing song when i looked uder the device the set as stereo headset is grayed out...i have installed twice same results...can someoen help
    Your headset supports A2DP correct? Might also help to post up the model of it.
    sorry samsung WEP200 and i love this headset so if this one does not is there one just like it real small n compact without the loop that does?cause my cousin has the same headset and can do it using his 6700 which leads me to believe its more phone n the headset is fine
  11.    #531  
    The WEP200 doesn't support the A2DP profile. Your cousin is not using A2DP, he is using a low end SCO audiogateway if he's listening to music on that headset. The treo's don't support PDA audio over SCO channels. You have to use the A2DP profile. The only headset currently available that supports A2DP is the Jabra BT8010's. All bluetooth stereo headphones support A2DP.

I cant seam to get it installed onto my phone. I unzipped and copied to my sd card. Then from my phone I click on the "_setup" file and all it does is open it with internet explorer and all i see is a bunch of script.

Help!
    this comes from our other thread but I'm hoping someone here will find it helpful or can still help with my issues:

Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post

I know that in Massachusetts covering both ears is illegal, but the way the law is worded (MGL 90 13 for those with time to waste) it seems like they make no distinction between both ears covered and a standard Jabra headset if it is not used in the direct maneuvering of the vehicle (i.e. if you are talking about anything other than how to get from A to B it is illegal?!?).

I thought from my radio ham days that anything went as long as only one ear was covered, so if you put the other phone behind your head, you are ok. But it appears that this might be a dangerous idea (particularly if you like to break every other rule on the road to entice cops to pay attention to you). Not a good idea to start arguing the law after you have been pulled over.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

I also have to add that the headset is actually quite comfortable when worn with one muff behind the ear.
    Hi,

Sorry. I have been away with minimal access to a real computer. I tried doing it from my Treo but I had poor reception.

I agree with your interpertation of the law. It makes sense that it should be no different than wearing a standard bt headset that only covers one ear.

I also agree that they are very comfortable.

Unfortunately, I am still having some issues with them and this is even if I only have the Plantronics paired. i'm wondering if I have some kind of unstable file somewhere because I have also been having a problem with my launcher program where after a soft reset not all my shortcust to my programs show up as the proper icon. they just show up as a generic icon.

Here are the issues I'm still having:

1) They still have intermitent drop-outs especially when I answer a call while listening to a stream. It almost always drops the evdo and does not pick it back up.

2) I can't have both my Plantronics and my standard Treo headset on at the same time because the Treo gets confused when a call comes in and won't connect either headset.

3) When I play music is WMP, the volume will sometimes be at 0% and sometimes at what the last value was

4) the controlls do not always work from the headphones

So that's where I'm holding. I also hate that I have to set as wireless stereo each time I turn them on. Thanks though for the wonderful tip of doing it from the headphones. Works usually. I hope someone comes up with a good fix soon.

Thanks,
    Aryeh
  14.    #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by c0c0nutsp0rt View Post

I cant seam to get it installed onto my phone. I unzipped and copied to my sd card. Then from my phone I click on the "_setup" file and all it does is open it with internet explorer and all i see is a bunch of script.

Help!
    It sounds like you unziped the cab file itself. The cab file is what you need to copy to your treo and run to install.
    Cool it worked! Thanks a lot, now I just need to grab a stereo set.

Anyone try the itech Clip S35? It allows you to use any stereo ear phones that plug in with 3.5mm jack.

How about the Jabra and Sony ones that are Ear plugs? I need something I can run with while at the gym or jogging out doors.

Anyone try the itech Clip S35? It allows you to use any stereo ear phones that plug in with 3.5mm jack.
    Read this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138480

we're waiting on someone who ordered it... i'm probably going to order them myself and see if they're worth it...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Ok, i'm not exactly an early adopter, since my ppc 6600 has been very good to me. but it's time to upgrade and i really wanted to get something i can use to play music wirelessly and answer calls. Since i am staying with Sprint, is the 700wx my best option here now that hannip solved this problem? i hear a new utstarcom 6800 is coming out... will it have a2dp?

also wondering if anyone is interested in the Motorola S9 bt headset (coming soon). should i just wait for that to come out?

thanks hannip for your hard work... without it i wouldn't even consider the wx.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Cool it worked! Thanks a lot, now I just need to grab a stereo set.

How about the Jabra and Sony ones that are Ear plugs? I need something I can run with while at the gym or jogging out doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    Read this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138480

we're waiting on someone who ordered it... i'm probably going to order them myself and see if they're worth it...
    I have the R35 clip. Even after hannip's Bitrate script & other tweaks I still get a fair amount high pitch noise. The clip sounds better on my Q and on my old 6682 w/ Blueplayer. So I am guessing it is a combination of my 700wx and my clip that is producing the bad sound.
    Something I just confirmed on my 700w, I used Jetware's extension in the past and it was good except it wouldn't allow the HS to ring when a call was coming in. I just tried it with the AD2P fix and it now allows the HS to ring. Connection to my Plantronics 510 occurs BEFORE my phone rings. A lot better than a 2-3 second delay after answering the call.
    Just wanted to also add my thanks to Hannip for all the hard work and providing this to the community. The install was a snap and it worked flawlessly first time out with a 700w (Verizon) and Plantronics 590E. This has really made life easier and a heck of alot more fun. Thanks again.