Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You can use my script to change the settings.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1206125
    Alright... I dropped it to Joint Stereo and the high pitch distortion is gone. I'm going to keep playing around with this. Thanks for the script, Hannip.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    New issue. I notice now that when I play movies on TCPMP, the video is choppy and audio is a little off. When I turn off the headset and bluetooth and listen through the phone speaker, the video plays perfectly. Any ideas??
    Thanks

Tony
  3.    #503  
    Download my script and try a lower bitpool setting when watching movies. The other alternative is to overclock your cpu to 520mhz. The subband encoding of the a2dp stream eats up cpu resources so you either need to lower the bitpool to free up resources or boost your cpu so it can handle the higher demand.
    Download my script and try a lower bitpool setting when watching movies. The other alternative is to overclock your cpu to 520mhz. The subband encoding of the a2dp stream eats up cpu resources so you either need to lower the bitpool to free up resources or boost your cpu so it can handle the higher demand.
    I apologize for the off-topic post but how /safe/ is it to overclock your CPU? I mean... going from 312 MHz to 520 Mhz is a pretty big OC, yes?

Also, how does one go about doing it? I'm still pretty fresh at this whole Treo / Pocket PC / Smartphone game...

Thanks,
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    May I ask what you set your bitpool too, and if you changed any other settings? Never did get it to sound as good as my Q I just got.
    I used hannip's script to adjust. However, I'm thinking of dropping it down to 40 as the Treo takes quite a performance hit at the highest bitrates.

Other question: does everyone else have to reconnect (refresh & save) the device in the bluetooth settings each time you turn them back on?
  6.    #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I used hannip's script to adjust. However, I'm thinking of dropping it down to 40 as the Treo takes quite a performance hit at the highest bitrates.
    Yeah I switch between 40 and 48. It depends on if I want to do stuff with my treo while I'm listening to music or not.

Other question: does everyone else have to reconnect (refresh & save) the device in the bluetooth settings each time you turn them back on?
    No, but with my Samsungs I have to always click and hold on the device name in bluetooth device list and select "Set as Wireless Stereo" to get it into music mode. My 8010's do it automatically.
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I apologize for the off-topic post but how /safe/ is it to overclock your CPU? I mean... going from 312 MHz to 520 Mhz is a pretty big OC, yes?
    The worst thing that I've experinced was a device lockup that a soft reset cured. It handles 520 well and it is a noticable improvement.

Also, how does one go about doing it? I'm still pretty fresh at this whole Treo / Pocket PC / Smartphone game...

Thanks,
    Search for Xcpuscalar or Pocket Hack Master.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Hey guys...
    After all the work of getting a2dp working, I almost hate to ask, but has anyone researched this:

http://www.freewareppc.com/communica...othaudio.shtml

If this is all it took I'm gonna die.
    LongLivePalm
    thats old and it has been tried already. it didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    Hey guys...
    After all the work of getting a2dp working, I almost hate to ask, but has anyone researched this:

http://www.freewareppc.com/communica...othaudio.shtml

If this is all it took I'm gonna die.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Gotcha... I haven't seen it before
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Yes, every shingle F*****g time. Using Iogear Stereo HS, Logitech Ipod HS (no mic, music only), Logitech Mobile Traveler mono and Aliph Jawbone- suprisingly the Aliph seems the worst and because of fit issues it's going back. There does seem to be some anecdotal evidence that the 700wx will pair better with certain HS's. The goal/expectation I think is that the BT link gets established and stays active until you turn the unit off, maintaining the same profile etc so that when you turn the BT device back on, it re-establishes the conncetion the same as when you last used it (No clicking and holding or refresh & save needed. I think iv'e also noticed that the BT connection gets dropped if the unit goes into roaming mode, it's happened 3 times but not in controlled situations where I could really pay attention. ALSO : Just to avoid any possible misunderstanding- I'm not complaining and am in fact QUITE grateful to Hannip and anyone who helped put this together.
    I think what we need is a hack to hold the audio gateway open , or at least toggle it on/off. I believe there was a mortscript? from last year that would accomplish this on the PPC-6700 but I don't think it works on the 700wx.

Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post

Last edited by willyrick; 03/14/2007 at 01:42 AM.
    Please excuse my igonrance on this topic, but my buddy just gave me a Motorola H700 headset. Will this work or do I need a stereo headset for it to work?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Please excuse my igonrance on this topic, but my buddy just gave me a Motorola H700 headset. Will this work or do I need a stereo headset for it to work?

thanks
    You need a stereo BT headset that supports A2DP in order to listen to music. The H700 will work fine for making voice calls.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Thank you so much for this! now my Jabra BT620s works on my Treo 700w! i thought i was going to have to return it. You have no idea how mad i was when it wouldent work. i have a question though, it seems that now that i have installed the software the volume on the bluetooth phone part is a lot lower, i can barly here the person im talking to. i was wondering how you bring the volume back up and yes i did max out the volume on my phone and on the headset. also i can listen to music on the head phones now but i cant pause or stop or change songs like it says i should be able to do. although i know i might not get that feature, im just happy it works! but if there is some tweeking i can do to get the volume up on the phone that would be great.

any help please!
    Anyone find it a bit disturbing that Hannip was able to put out this update so quickly, and we still haven't seen a published update from Palm? I think Hannips work shows that this is indeed possible, and all they need to do is iron out the kinks. Even if it doesn't work with everything, they could at least release a beta for the time being. Kind of sad, makes me wonder if Palm even cares about products that aren't the latest ones they've released.
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by matt@nordisk.com View Post
    Thank you so much for this! now my Jabra BT620s works on my Treo 700w! i thought i was going to have to return it. You have no idea how mad i was when it wouldent work. i have a question though, it seems that now that i have installed the software the volume on the bluetooth phone part is a lot lower, i can barly here the person im talking to. i was wondering how you bring the volume back up and yes i did max out the volume on my phone and on the headset. also i can listen to music on the head phones now but i cant pause or stop or change songs like it says i should be able to do. although i know i might not get that feature, im just happy it works! but if there is some tweeking i can do to get the volume up on the phone that would be great.

any help please!
    The 700w has the low volume headset issue with the new stack. The only solution is to switch between the old and new bluetoothuart.dll and soft reset. I was suppose to write a script to do that, but haven't gotten around to it yet...

For the AVRCP controls they should work as long as you use a player that supports it. See this article for which players support it.

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...=1&disp=single
    The 700w has the low volume headset issue with the new stack. The only solution is to switch between the old and new bluetoothuart.dll and soft reset. I was suppose to write a script to do that, but haven't gotten around to it yet...

For the AVRCP controls they should work as long as you use a player that supports it. See this article for which players support it.

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...=1&disp=single

Thank you for responding! i have tcpmp but i got it like a year or more ago is there way to update it to the newer version? (can you give me a link or some type of insructions, like you were teaching someone who had no clue) sorry i am so new to using my Treo to its full porential. also how do i swith back and forth from the old and new bluetoothuart.dill. i wont be upset if you give up on me! i realize this is very easy for you, but i really have no clue.

Respectfully

Matt
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by matt@nordisk.com View Post
    Thank you for responding! i have tcpmp but i got it like a year or more ago is there way to update it to the newer version? (can you give me a link or some type of insructions, like you were teaching someone who had no clue) sorry i am so new to using my Treo to its full porential. also how do i swith back and forth from the old and new bluetoothuart.dill. i wont be upset if you give up on me! i realize this is very easy for you, but i really have no clue.

Respectfully

Matt
    TCPMP doesn't support AVRCP on WM5 so if you think upgrading it will get you that it won't. WMP does support it, also PocketPlayer, PocketMusic and MortPlayer do also. I've never heard of 40iPlay until I read that article so I don't have any info on that.

For the bluetoothuart.dll you can either wait for my script or you will have to get a file explorer such as Resco Explorer that can view and rename and copy over system files.
    TCPMP doesn't support AVRCP on WM5 so if you think upgrading it will get you that it won't. WMP does support it, also PocketPlayer, PocketMusic and MortPlayer do also. I've never heard of 40iPlay until I read that article so I don't have any info on that.

For the bluetoothuart.dll you can either wait for my script or you will have to get a file explorer such as Resco Explorer that can view and rename and copy over system files.

Thanks it does work with my WMP all fuctions work great. I should not of asked untill i messed around with it some more sorry.

As for the script i will wait. please update me when its done. thanks a million!
  20.    #520  
    Ok, here is the script I promised. You will have to download MortScript from this url and install the PPC cab.

http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...18&action=list

Then download the BTUartToggle.zip below, extract the file BTUartToggle.mscr and copy it to your device. Then pull up BTUartToggle.mscr in File Explorer and run it. It checks which version of BluetoothUart.dll is active and switches to the other.

Test it out and let me know if you have any issues with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files