Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    All right... I got everything installed, I paired up a Plantronics 590e headset and am rocking out to some tunage wireless.

My only issue is that I get a high-pitched tone that seems to be connected to the higher end of the sound.

Also, It seems to drop connection quite a bit when it is idle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again to Hannip for this hack!!

G.K.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by PMAC27 View Post
    HELP!! I am without my sync cable and i need a direct .CAB file post in order to install.
    Get Resco Explorer and you can easily download a zipped up cab directly to your phone and extract the cab.
    hi,

I have installed the code. I've got my Plantronices 510 paired. I can make and recieive calles and use voice command. But I can't listen my mp3 or wav file using windows media player or TCPMP. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by fergusonwilliam View Post
    hi,

I have installed the code. I've got my Plantronices 510 paired. I can make and recieive calles and use voice command. But I can't listen my mp3 or wav file using windows media player or TCPMP. What am I doing wrong?
    Make sure after you pair your headphones you tap & hold on it and select "set as wireless stereo". That might help.
    someone mentioned to see what version of a2dp we have. I looked on these forums but cannot seem to trace it.
    hi,

Have you had any bluetooth dropouts since you've installed the fix?
    I have done the upgrade and my Plantronics 510 sounded awesome in terms of sound quality, but same ammount of frequent disconnects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    Make sure after you pair your headphones you tap & hold on it and select "set as wireless stereo". That might help.

I tried this but the "ser as wireless stereo " is grayed out. What else can I do? it also appears that voice command has stopped working. I am also getting a noice in the headset when making calls.
    ISSUE HERE
    First of all, awesome job Hannip. Thanks a lot for all of your work. I installed the second version about a week ago and things worked pretty good excpet that the 8010's wouldn't pick up after sitting idle for awhile. Last night I unistalled the second version and installed the 3rd (one step) version and everything worked great. Previous issue resolved. But this morning I recieved an update for the Treo (I assume for the time change) and now the headset works for calls but can't get it to pick up the media players. Uninstalled and reinstalled couple of times. I can choose wireless stereo but won't pick up signal. Any help out there??
    I have this same issue, the one where the high pitched tone exists. I'm using an X5 headset. Anyone know how to get rid of it? its almost as if the bitrate is too low, but the mp3s sound fine with a wired headset.

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    All right... I got everything installed, I paired up a Plantronics 590e headset and am rocking out to some tunage wireless.

My only issue is that I get a high-pitched tone that seems to be connected to the higher end of the sound.

Also, It seems to drop connection quite a bit when it is idle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again to Hannip for this hack!!

G.K.
    I am also experiencing the High Pitch issue. I have a Q and the music sounds good when I'm paired and listening through it. But the same headset on the 700wx (Sprint, Hannip hack) produces this high pitched noise in the background, it's not faint, it's very pronounced.

I'm using a iTech Clip IIs. So it's a problem of the headset? No skipping..just that nasty sound
  12.    #492  
    I think others have reported this high pitch sound using the iTech Clip. Not sure if there was a resolution or not.

Edit: here you go.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ch#post1206224
  13.    #493  
    Quote Originally Posted by amhernan3 View Post
    ISSUE HERE
    First of all, awesome job Hannip. Thanks a lot for all of your work. I installed the second version about a week ago and things worked pretty good excpet that the 8010's wouldn't pick up after sitting idle for awhile. Last night I unistalled the second version and installed the 3rd (one step) version and everything worked great. Previous issue resolved. But this morning I recieved an update for the Treo (I assume for the time change) and now the headset works for calls but can't get it to pick up the media players. Uninstalled and reinstalled couple of times. I can choose wireless stereo but won't pick up signal. Any help out there??
    Have tried deleting your paring and re-pair? My 8010's are still working after the update.
  14.    #494  
    I tried this but the "ser as wireless stereo " is grayed out. What else can I do? it also appears that voice command has stopped working. I am also getting a noice in the headset when making calls.
    Something must've went wrong with the install. You can check the timestamps of all of the files listed in the README to verify they were all copied successfully. Or you can hard reset and restore to a point before you installed the cab and try again following the preperation steps in the README very closely.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I think others have reported this high pitch sound using the iTech Clip. Not sure if there was a resolution or not.

Hannip that worked!! It sounds very good, better than the Q because I was able to set adjust the bitpool on the 700wx. There's not enough hax0rs on the Q lemme tell ya, thanks a mil.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post

Thanks for the info though I don't understand why I would have to kill the stereo in my stereo headphones for them to work properly.

However, how would one go about changing this setting?

Thanks again for all of your help.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    To add a little more info on the high pitch case:

I did not notice the issue when I first activated the wireless stereo service, but that was under the original pairing from before I did the upgrade (meaning that I DID NOT delete my orignal pairing after I did the install). Everything worked fine, but then yesterday, it just stopped. I deleted the pairing, and then re-paired, and now I have high pitch ring. Its almost like a high hat being hit everytime the musical note being played is high enough. The headset works fine paired to my computer, so it has to be the phone.

I did a hard reset and wiped everything just to see if that would fix it. No luck, still the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I am also experiencing the High Pitch issue. I have a Q and the music sounds good when I'm paired and listening through it. But the same headset on the 700wx (Sprint, Hannip hack) produces this high pitched noise in the background, it's not faint, it's very pronounced.

I'm using a iTech Clip IIs. So it's a problem of the headset? No skipping..just that nasty sound
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Hannip that worked!! It sounds very good, better than the Q because I was able to set adjust the bitpool on the 700wx. There's not enough hax0rs on the Q lemme tell ya, thanks a mil.
    May I ask what you set your bitpool too, and if you changed any other settings? Never did get it to sound as good as my Q I just got.
    Quote Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
    To add a little more info on the high pitch case:

I did not notice the issue when I first activated the wireless stereo service, but that was under the original pairing from before I did the upgrade (meaning that I DID NOT delete my orignal pairing after I did the install). Everything worked fine, but then yesterday, it just stopped. I deleted the pairing, and then re-paired, and now I have high pitch ring. Its almost like a high hat being hit everytime the musical note being played is high enough. The headset works fine paired to my computer, so it has to be the phone.

I did a hard reset and wiped everything just to see if that would fix it. No luck, still the same issue.
    THAT'S THE SOUND!

Yes, you describe it exactly as I hear it. I, too, did a hard reset and started from scratch to no avail. If I can find out how to change the settings, I'm going to see if that helps but I'm a little annoyed by the whole thing. However, I can't complain too much as A2DP with a high pitch background noise is much better than no A2DP at all... LOL.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  20.    #500  
    You can use my script to change the settings.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1206125