Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
  1.    #441  
    damn. I was kind've hoping you wouldn't find that. Now I have to go through a couple thousand lines of text. I did just get a little excited when I saw the 700wx entry for the bluetooth power was this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BluetoothPower]
    "IClass"=hex(7):7B,00,41,00,33,00,32,00,39,00,34,00,32,00,42,00,37,00,2D,00,39,00,32,\ 00,30,00,43,00,2D,00,34,00,38,00,36,00,62,00,2D,00,42,00,30,00,45,00,36,00,\ 2D00,39,00,32,00,41,00,37,00,30,00,32,00,41,00,39,00,39,00,42,00,33,00,35,\
    00,7D,00,00,00,00,00
    "Index"=dword:00000000
    "Order"=dword:00000000
    "Dll"="BluetoothUart.dll"
    "Prefix"="BTP"

and the 700w was this:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BluetoothPower]
    "IClass"={A32942b7-920C-486b-b0E6-92A702A99B35}
    "Index"=dword:00000000
    "Order"=dword:00000000
    "Dll"="BluetoothUart.dll"
    "Prefix"="BTP"

but I think they're the same. I might have found something though. My registry is missing this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\03]
    "Hnd"=dword:000394D0
    "Name"="BTP0:"
    "Key"="Drivers\\BuiltIn\\BluetoothPower"
    "BusParent"=dword:00032B50
    "InterfaceType"=dword:00000000
    "BusName"="BuiltInPhase1_0_4_0"

I'm gonna add it in and see what happens. (I feel a hard reset coming on)
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    I have similar but different issues with my 590a headphones.

When I first pair with the newly A2DPed 700wx I get access to the Hands-free profile only.

When I refresh services I get hands-free and headset. No wireless stereo.

That said, I do see the greyed out "set as wireless stereo" when i right click on the headset under bluetooth settings?

Any suggestions?

Edit: So I installed the updated cab file and everything works now. Hands free, stereo headset. I have to say, this headset is infinitely easier to connect with my treo. blackberry AND laptop than my HS850 ever was. It actively tries to connect with the phones and the two phones seem to be able to cope with the dejection of not being the preferred paired device better than before.

Very cool.

One weird thing... I turned off BT to install the CAB and forgot to turn it back on. But the headset still worked?!? Does the bluetooth device settings override the bluetooth on/off menu item? (and is it possible for that on off checkbox to be wrong?)
    Hi Calebu2,

I also love these headphones. They double as great ewarmuffs too! I finally got mine to work by doing a hard reset, deleting the hannip files and then installing the one step cab. Well it works sort of. It still seems to lose the BT connection once in a while. I then need to do a soft reset and it works.

Two questions for you. First, have you been able to get a regular bluetooth headset to pair with your treo at the same time the pulsars are paired?

Also, did you mean to say that your BT does not have to be on and the headphones still work?

Aryeh
    Quote Originally Posted by aryehz2 View Post
    Two questions for you. First, have you been able to get a regular bluetooth headset to pair with your treo at the same time the pulsars are paired?

Also, did you mean to say that your BT does not have to be on and the headphones still work?
    I think the answer to both is yes.

I just tried calling my treo from my blackberry while listening to music on the Pulsars from the Treo. Ironically, the Moto HS850s were paired as hands free with the Treo and the Pulsars were paired as hands free with the blackberry!

So what happened (and it totally confused me) was the music on the Pulsar turned off the second that the blackberry initiated the call. The Moto headset activated the second I accepted the call on the Treo.

I have not yet tried having the Moto paired with the blackberry and the Pulsars twice paired with the Treo. To be honest, I only have two ears and I hate my Motorola headset, so why would I really need to do this, anyway?!

As for bluetooth working when it is turned off... I think strange things happen when you pair devices. Pairing works when bluetooth is turned off (as long as it is intiated Treo side) and continues until the connection ends normally.

Anyway, I'm happy. I do wish that the Treo had the same bluetooth menu options on the phone call menu as the blackberry ("enable HS850 connection", "enable 590Plantronics connection") to make enabling a bluetooth connection easier if it is not already default.

Steve
    So I downloaded this update THEN bought a H700 headset. It connects fine, but soooo much static!

For all you other H700 users - is this static a result of the update or par for the course with this headset? Thanks.
    Hi, I've recently acquired a TELUS-branded Treo 700wx and would like the A2DP functionality. However, the discussion is centered around the Verizon and Sprint branded units. Anyone know if this update work on the TELUS unit or cause me problems? TIA
    - Robert
  7.    #447  
    It should work fine.
    Hannip,
    I'm just about to give up on the volume issue with this stack. Alternatives I'm thinking about would be:

A. Mortscript for 700w users to copy/delete the bluetoothUart.dll file depending on which device they wanna use.
    B. Find a way to install both bluetooth stacks and have headset run off original and A2DP off the new one.
    C. Smash phone against the wall.

What do you think?
  9.    #449  
    A is the only real choice, well if you want to keep the treo that is. The problem is that it requires a soft reset to swap, but it certainly is doable. I have a similar script that I use for the 750 btagext swap and it works well.

I won't have time to put something together tonight, but maybe in a day or two.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/05/2007 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    A is the only real choice, well if you want to keep the treo that is. The problem is that it requires a soft reset to swap, but it certainly is doable. I have a similar script that I use for the 750 btagext swap and it works well.

I won't have time to put something together tonight, but maybe in a day or two.
    Cool, no rush. What's the issue with the 750 that you need to swap the btagext file?
  11.    #451  
    Telus works fine as mine works great!

on a side note i have no static with my h700 in fact to me this new stack has solved a lot of issues i had with my h700.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Since I have the H700 and a 700w with the volume issue is there an easy way to revert back to the original stack without a hard reset? and does a hard reset revert back to the old files?

As a strange side note for the first week using it I had no static at all with the new files; clarity was awesome compared to stock just low volume. Then yesterday I started getting horrendous static. Very strange.
    I too had a H700 with tons of static on my Sprint 700wx and had to return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pawelm9 View Post
    Telus works fine as mine works great!
    Thanks. Yes, the installation went smoothly and worked great for me.
    - Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbl Tap View Post
    Since I have the H700 and a 700w with the volume issue is there an easy way to revert back to the original stack without a hard reset? and does a hard reset revert back to the old files?

As a strange side note for the first week using it I had no static at all with the new files; clarity was awesome compared to stock just low volume. Then yesterday I started getting horrendous static. Very strange.
    A hard reset will bring you back to the original stack. If you go into the /Windows folder and just delete bluetoothUart.dll, that should fix your low volume issue. A2DP will connect but there will be skipping every couple seconds. If you only use an earpiece then you should be ok leaving the rest of the stack as is. I had issues with my bluetooth GPS receiver so I had to go back to the old stack.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks Lawmen23. I'll give it a shot. I was really disappointed that the volume was an issue with my headset because the call quality was much improved with this stack. Hopefully it helps deleting just that file.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    LOL. I can't believe I sat here and imagined software to solve this problem and it's something you've already created to solve another problem.
    Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    A hard reset will bring you back to the original stack. If you go into the /Windows folder and just delete bluetoothUart.dll, that should fix your low volume issue. A2DP will connect but there will be skipping every couple seconds. If you only use an earpiece then you should be ok leaving the rest of the stack as is. I had issues with my bluetooth GPS receiver so I had to go back to the old stack.
    did that fix ur issue?
    After a hard reset does this hack need to be reinstalled?