Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Hannip,

For those of us with VZW WX, are we better off using your entire install method or is all we really need the mortscript in the above post?

Thanks,
    Rich
    All you need is the a2dp reg settings via the mortscript. One thing we might have stumbled on for those that are experiencing a lot of skipping is that maybe the songs recorded sampling rate could be too high.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=51
    Ahh, most of my music is 192kbps, so your mortscript file to change the bitrate will help with those songs as well? I am waiting for that new Motorola S9 to come out (http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/us/s9/).

Right now i have no BT headphones to test it with.

Is there any chance of getting mono music to play out of a standard BT headset (one ear)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    @hannip:
    yup, all 3 volumes are at max. I have a similar situation with my wired earphones and the treo i.e. the volume of system clicks and the like far overshadows the volume from wmp or tcpmp - there it's not an issue because the earphones are noise isolating and the wmp volume can go far louder than i need it to. While commuting though, which is when the a2dphones ought to be at their most useful, I cannot make the volume loud enough to hear. Oh well, I guess the key is to get A2DP *+* noise cancelling, heh. I wonder how long that will take to hit the streets (apart from that iLuv thing that's already out there)...
  4.    #424  
    Ahh, most of my music is 192kbps, so your mortscript file to change the bitrate will help with those songs as well? I am waiting for that new Motorola S9 to come out (http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/us/s9/).

Right now i have no BT headphones to test it with.

Is there any chance of getting mono music to play out of a standard BT headset (one ear)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Yes it should. It would be a good experiment though to try songs at different bitrates with different bitpool settings. For a song recorded with a bitrate of 128kbps I found the best bitpool setting is 48. A 192kbps bitrate would require a much higher bitpool of around 68 to faithfully reproduce. Forcing to a lower bitpool should help with the skipping, but I wonder what it does to the sounds quality since it would have to chop up the original recording. Best to have a lower bitrate with a bitpool that the treo can handle in my opinion.
    The file that's causing the problem is bluetoothUart.dll. I think that's the file that monitors data throughput on the Host Control Interface. The original file is functionally fine but the tranfer rate is probably not high enough to accomodate for stereo bluetooth throughput. I don't think I'll be able to modify the new bluetoothUart.dll file to increase the volume on headsets, but I think we could find a way to use the old file and increase the baud rate to eliminate the skipping on the stereo bluetooth end. I'm firing through the registry now trying figure that out.
  6.    #426  
    careful, I played with increasing the baud rate with the old drivers and it will result in a hard reset.

I've suspected that the bluetoothUart.dll is the key to a2dp working, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with SCO channel volume (headsets). I'd try renaming the btagext.dll and soft reset to see if you get your volume back.
  7.    #427  
    Yep, it's the bluetoothUart.dll that is the key to a2dp working. I just uninstalled the vzw 700wx stack, installed my treo750a2dp cab and copied the vzw versions of btdrt.dll, btd.dll and bluetoothUart.dll to \Windows. A2DP is working. Now to test my headset with these changes.
  8.    #428  
    hmm, I can't tell if this works any better or not. I never really had volume issues with my headsets, just static on the BT8010 which still exists. My Anycom's don't have any static and volume is good, but not sure if it's better volume than before. I need a ginnea pig that has the volume issue to try it out.

To whoever wants to try this here are the steps.
    1) Uninstall vzw700wx_a2dp if you have it installed.
    2) soft reset and remove any x files that it had to rename.
    3) install treo750a2dp cab
    4) copy files from vzwbtuart.zip to \Windows.
    5) soft reset, repair your headset and see if the volume is back.

Note: 700w users don't need to copy btdrt.dll or btd.dll. Those are only required for 700wx.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 03/03/2007 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, I can't tell if this works any better or not. I never really had volume issues with my headsets, just static on the BT8010 which still exists. My Anycom's don't have any static and volume is good, but not sure if it's better volume than before. I need a ginnea pig that has the volume issue to try it out.
    Well between last night and today I've hard reset about 12 times. I'll try out anything that you think will help. I wish I could see what they've changed in the bluetoothUart.dll file that may affect the headsets.

EDIT: I followed the instructions above. Stereo bluetooth works well, but it did not solve the volume issue on the headset. After I connect the stereo headset and do not click on anything, the headphones timeout. When I start tapping on the menus to get to a music file the headphones reactivate. But the first click is very low volume, the seoncd click is high volume. It seems to me that when a headset activates, it's stuck on that low volume setting. Maybe if we can isolate that we can figure out the volume issue. Either that or use the existing uart file and get it to work with stereo bluetooth. All I do know is that once I reach 20 hard resets I will smash my phone against the wall and get a new one.
    Last edited by Lawmen23; 03/03/2007 at 01:36 PM.
    Too bad we can't just use a WIDCOMM stack and get rid of this M$ garbage.
  11.    #431  
    Ok, next test. Uninstall treo750a2dp and rename btdrt.dll and btd.dll leaving only the bluetoothUart.dll from the vzw stack and soft reset. Does the volume work ok then?

Note that I'm not just making you go through hoops. If the volume ends up ok with only that one file changed then we have more options. The btdrt and btd.dll are pretty interchangeable between wm5 devices. We could get some from a known good device and try those.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/03/2007 at 04:06 PM.
    Ok, next test. Uninstall treo750a2dp and rename btdrt.dll and btd.dll leaving only the bluetoothUart.dll from the vzw stack and soft reset. Does the volume work ok then?
    So you want me to revert back to the original 700wx update where I'll have the volume problem, then rename those two files so we can determine if bluetoothuart is causing the issues?
    Not sure whether I should ask here or start a new thread. I want know about automating some of the bluetooth pairing commands using a single button or combo.

I just got the 700wx working with my 590A headset using the tricks above. Everything is working fine - the mp3s I am listening to were recorded at a pretty high bitrate and I have had no problems so far.

The only issue I have noticed is that the headset's AVRCP buttons stop working after a while of playing (the wireless stereo icon disappears despite there being audio streamed). given that my device did not come with A2DP in the box, I have no reference to know how to use the feature, so humor me if this is really simple.

I do notice that I need to go into the BT profiles and establish wireless stereo or headset profile before I can use it. because my blackberry, laptop and ipod also have pairing rights, the treo is not always the default.

is there a way of getting a simple button combination that activates the headset (or way of getting it to automatically do so when WMP is started?

otherwise, I am ecstatic
    with the performance of the treo and the headset. there is no need for multipoint technology given how easily the plantronics headset switches between devices. their tech support undersold the device to me when I asked about multipoint features last month.
    Do you think the audio volume issue has anything to do with bluetoothUart.dll as the file named in HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\BluetoothPower ? Maybe the new version has a different power setting for headset audio.
  15.    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    So you want me to revert back to the original 700wx update where I'll have the volume problem, then rename those two files so we can determine if bluetoothuart is causing the issues?
    I want you to revert back to the original Sprint 700wx state with the exception of the bluetoothuart.dll from the vzw 700wx. Try that and see if there is still a volume issue. I want to know for sure that bluetoothuart is or is not causing the problem since we have other dll's installed that may have caused it. Specifically btdrt.dll and btd.dll.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/03/2007 at 06:23 PM.
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    Not sure whether I should ask here or start a new thread. I want know about automating some of the bluetooth pairing commands using a single button or combo.
    There are no shortcuts that I know of. Some of the newer headphones automatically switch from headset to a2dp profile when pda audio is playing. For the older ones you have to manually set them to wireless stereo, but once set they should stay in that mode. When a call comes in it should automatically switch between headset and a2dp profile.
    I want you to revert back to the original Sprint 700wx state with the exception of the bluetoothuart.dll from the vzw 700wx. Try that and see if there is still a volume issue. I want to know for sure that bluetoothuart is or is not causing the problem since we have other dll's installed that may have caused it. Specifically btdrt.dll and btd.dll.

I have a VZW 700w. I think we are the only ones who are experiencing that problem. I don't think the Sprint 700wx users had a volume issue. I will go back to the original ROM files and then overwrite to the new 700wx bluetoothUart.dll file.
    Phone has gone through another hard reset(dangerously close now to smashing it against the wall). Replaced ONLY the bluetoothUart.dll file without any update cabs. Volume is still low. That file is the culprit. Where do we go now from here? I've tried changing every reg setting imaginable.
  19.    #439  
    Ah, I didn't know it was only 700w users. hmm. good question. Have you done a diff of the vzw 700wx reg with the 700w to see if anything pops out related to the bluetoothUart.dll ?
    Ah, I didn't know it was only 700w users. hmm. good question. Have you done a diff of the vzw 700wx reg with the 700w to see if anything pops out related to the bluetoothUart.dll ?
    No, but if someone can get me a copy of the 700wx reg I'll go over it. I don't have issues with the headset until I copy over the bluetoothUart.dll file. I firmly believe that it's code inside the file causing the issue. It could be power related or volume related. Maybe in the old dll there was code that said headset volume was between 1-10 and the phone could default at 8. In the new file since it may assume there's a new chipset, the code could say the volume is between 1-20, but the phone could still be defaulting to 8. That's the logic that I see. I've searched through the reg for bluetoothUart.dll and that's how I found it was referenced on the /bluetoothpower key. BluetoothUart.dll search on Google only brings up this thread so I don't think i'll be able to find another stack with a similar file. I think I read in the XDA forum regarding porting the WIDCOMM stack to the Axim that the issue originally with A2DP was solved by changing the flow control. I can't find a FlowControl key in the microsoft stack though. I think almost all components of a bluetooth stack and be replaced, so there might be another dll file somewhere that will work. It would be named something else though so I don't know how to find it.