Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Okay, I uninstalled and and reinstalled it, and it seemed to have worked this time. Is there a way to verify?
    The readme file lists all of the reg changes and files. You can use Resco to verify them. The files should be timestamped the day of install so sort by time and count that there are 22 files.
    Tested the BT with my HS-850 and it worked like a champ! I was able to walk at least 30 feet from the phone and still talk. It sounded clear, and LOUD!

Awesome hack! Now I will be testing my Acura TL HF system tomorrow. It is the one for the real test.
    Hannip, updated the file on the server.

http://sah2o.com/treo/vzw700wx_a2dp.zip

Anytime you need it updated faster, email it to me directly at rzotz@earthlink.net
  4.    #404  
    Thanks man! I posted the link.
    Okay, my headset is working loud but I am getting static on it and popping noises. Any ideas? HS850
  6.    #406  
    I get some static too. Seems to come and go.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I picked up the moto s805 tonight to give them a shot.

-Paired perfectly fine
    -Headset feature seems to work fine all buttons work, loud, some static
    -Stereo feature seems to reconnect every 20-30 seconds (notification pops up) causing no sound to be played but buttons function. When audio is working, however, they sound great

I am unsure if its this particular heatset, my phone, or a combination of both. Looks like I will either exchange these tomorrow and try another pair or just return them
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Tested the BT with my HS-850 and it worked like a champ! I was able to walk at least 30 feet from the phone and still talk. It sounded clear, and LOUD!

Awesome hack! Now I will be testing my Acura TL HF system tomorrow. It is the one for the real test.
    can this also be done on Motorola H700? I don't get good range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbl Tap View Post
    I installed the files from last week. Everything works great except for the volume on my BT headset as a few others have mentioned. I have the treo's volume all the way up and the headset volume all the way up.

The call clarity is definitely better than it was before but people can hardly hear me nor I them. When A call comes in the beep my headset makes is very loud and same with any other notifications the headset is making.

Before installing this volume was fine and even too loud at the top setting. People complained about the static in the connection but never the volume. Is there some setting that needs to be tweaked in theses files?
    I had the same issue with my 700w and HS850. I don't think anybody has a way to fix it yet. The registry edits for SpkVolume don't seem to change anything on the 700w.
    My hs-850 works fine.
    The only issue I am not happy with is all the damn static. We need to find a fix for that.
    Hey I'm new to this forum and maybe this is answered somewhere but I was unable to find anything through the search. I have a new Verizon Treo 700wx and I'm using a Jabra 8010 stereo headset. When start playing mp3s from media player I get quite a bit of skipping. It eventually settles down and become smooth but if I attempt to use the device to change tracks or playlists the skipping comes back. Any recommended fix for this??
    Thanks
    JFeezie
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJaNir View Post
    I picked up the moto s805 tonight to give them a shot.

-Paired perfectly fine
    -Headset feature seems to work fine all buttons work, loud, some static
    -Stereo feature seems to reconnect every 20-30 seconds (notification pops up) causing no sound to be played but buttons function. When audio is working, however, they sound great

I am unsure if its this particular heatset, my phone, or a combination of both. Looks like I will either exchange these tomorrow and try another pair or just return them

I have been using the S805's since Hannip worked his magic. Ive never had any drops or pops or anything, maybe its your headset. But mine works great!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winter720 View Post
    I have been using the S805's since Hannip worked his magic. Ive never had any drops or pops or anything, maybe its your headset. But mine works great!
    thanks for the comment, looks like I will exchange them for another pair
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfeezie View Post
    Hey I'm new to this forum and maybe this is answered somewhere but I was unable to find anything through the search. I have a new Verizon Treo 700wx and I'm using a Jabra 8010 stereo headset. When start playing mp3s from media player I get quite a bit of skipping. It eventually settles down and become smooth but if I attempt to use the device to change tracks or playlists the skipping comes back. Any recommended fix for this??
    Thanks
    JFeezie

VZW doesn't have settings for A2DP for some reason. You can use my script to set the settings. It should help with the skipping.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...25&postcount=4
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Possibly. You can try renaming files one by one and soft reset. Eventually you might find a combination that works. For A2DP you need at a minimum the following files.

bta2dp.dl
    avrcp_mpplugin.dll
    sbc.dll
    btd.dll
    btdrt.dll

The primary dll for the headset audiogateway is btagext.dll. Start with renaming that one and soft reset. See if your volume comes back.
    Thanks. That almost worked. I tried to us Sprite Backup to restore to a pre-hannip update state and that did not work. I had to do a hard reset, then restore to get the old bluetooth stack back. Then I installed the cab and only the 5 files you had mentioned. My moto H3 headset is now back to full volume and A2DP works with my HT820. I did not test the stereo bluetooth extensively once it started working because I've been focussed on getting my headset functional again, but the stereo bluetooth is choppy now to an unacceptable level and it wasn't before. I will continue to play around and report back what I find. Does anyone know if the bluetooth chipset in the 700W is the same as in the 700WX?
    Last edited by Lawmen23; 03/02/2007 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aryehz2 View Post
    I seem to be having a problem with this. I installed and copied eveeything correctly as far as I can tell. After the last soft reset I paired my headphones, held down and chose wieelss stereo option.

I got the wireless stereo icon but it disapeared after just a few seconds. No music came from the headphones when I tried listening to Windows media.

I am using Plantronics Pulsar 590a but without the dongle.

Any ideas?

thanks!
    Aryeh
    I have similar but different issues with my 590a headphones.

When I first pair with the newly A2DPed 700wx I get access to the Hands-free profile only.

When I refresh services I get hands-free and headset. No wireless stereo.

That said, I do see the greyed out "set as wireless stereo" when i right click on the headset under bluetooth settings?

Any suggestions?

Edit: So I installed the updated cab file and everything works now. Hands free, stereo headset. I have to say, this headset is infinitely easier to connect with my treo. blackberry AND laptop than my HS850 ever was. It actively tries to connect with the phones and the two phones seem to be able to cope with the dejection of not being the preferred paired device better than before.

Very cool.

One weird thing... I turned off BT to install the CAB and forgot to turn it back on. But the headset still worked?!? Does the bluetooth device settings override the bluetooth on/off menu item? (and is it possible for that on off checkbox to be wrong?)
    Last edited by calebu2; 03/02/2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: I figured it out
    Hello,
    I just tried running the one step installer cab.
    After a soft reset, turning off BT, and making sure activesync is off. I tried installing the cab but it says 20 out of 22 files installed, uninstall and try again.
    So uninstalled the program from the settings menu and it tells me 20 out of 22 ROMS deleted and the rest have to be manually deleted.
    I then install again with the same message telling me to reinstall b/c not all the files are installed.

This is were funny things then happen. I went ahead and paired up my H700 and it worked with the stereo option greyed out- I plan on getting a headset in the morning.
    What am I doing wrong since it seems not all the files are installing?
    Thanks...

EDIT- So I did a hard reset and all the files installed and resetted fine.
    Last edited by scoob; 03/03/2007 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    VZW doesn't have settings for A2DP for some reason. You can use my script to set the settings. It should help with the skipping.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...25&postcount=4
    Hannip,

For those of us with VZW WX, are we better off using your entire install method or is all we really need the mortscript in the above post?

Thanks,
    Rich
  20.    #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    Thanks. That almost worked. I tried to us Sprite Backup to restore to a pre-hannip update state and that did not work. I had to do a hard reset, then restore to get the old bluetooth stack back. Then I installed the cab and only the 5 files you had mentioned. My moto H3 headset is now back to full volume and A2DP works with my HT820. I did not test the stereo bluetooth extensively once it started working because I've been focussed on getting my headset functional again, but the stereo bluetooth is choppy now to an unacceptable level and it wasn't before. I will continue to play around and report back what I find. Does anyone know if the bluetooth chipset in the 700W is the same as in the 700WX?
    Have you tried installing all but the btagext.dll?