Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by suds2007 View Post
    I realize that it is not stereo. I meant any audio being played via media center such as music.
    Again, unless your device aupports the A2DP profile you will not get pda audio.
    hey hannip. well it looks like im coming back.

now that the treo 700wx is with verizon. i can finally get rid of this 6700.

it was an alright phone but the treo is so much more responsive. and now that ad2p works. im happy lol.
  3.    #383  
    Welcome back
    absolutely
    absolutely
    ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I really had given up. Thanks Hannip!!!

Is there any way to turn up the general volume threshold coming from wmp perhaps? The phone conversation volume is fine, as is that of the sound effects (i.e. start menu, clicks etc.) - but the music volume is far lower for some reason. It could very well be due to my Jabra 620s headset's innate flaws (quite possibly, since the volume is also far too low when using the jabra bt dongle and splitting the cord with a friend on earphones - too loud for him (through his corded earphones) is just barely acceptable on the jabra headset getting the same input), but anyone know of a registry key change or something that could help boost the, for loss of a better word, "wave" volume?
    As everyone has said, Hannip, thanks so very much for this!!!

Now all I need is a good A2DP headset.

Thanks again,

G.K.

My goodness, I am away for a couple of days and so much has happened. I see mention of a third version? Is that the one located on Rapidshare?

I downloaded whatever version was there on the 25th. Is the one there an update from that?

Yukoner
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Have you tried to uncheck the headset/handsfree features in the bluetooth device settings for the Plantronics?
    Hey Hannip,

Sorry. I somehow never saw this post till now. Here is where I'm at now with my Plantronics 590A:

After a hard reset, I followed your installation directions exactly (as far as I can tell). I even got new headphones (same model) since mine stopped charging for some reason. So after some playing around, i was able to get the A2dp working.

But...

For some reason, the only way it will work is if I only have the Plantronics paired. If I try pairing the Treo BT headset too, neither one will work. Even when I turn the Treo headset off, the A2dp does not work. I can only have 1 set paired at a time.

I did just try deselecting the 2 options for the Plantronics. What happened then was that the A2dp worked but when i try to make a call or get a call, no sound comes out of anywhere. A soft reset only seems to disconnect the A2dp.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Can this have to do with the fact that the 590A is made to pair with a dongle (transmitter)? although according to the instructions it's supposed to be able to pair with a bluetooth phone (without the dongle).

Thanks again for all your help.
    Aryeh
    Last edited by aryehz2; 02/28/2007 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention 1 thought I had
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by gauravps View Post
    absolutely
    absolutely
    ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I really had given up. Thanks Hannip!!!

Is there any way to turn up the general volume threshold coming from wmp perhaps? The phone conversation volume is fine, as is that of the sound effects (i.e. start menu, clicks etc.) - but the music volume is far lower for some reason. It could very well be due to my Jabra 620s headset's innate flaws (quite possibly, since the volume is also far too low when using the jabra bt dongle and splitting the cord with a friend on earphones - too loud for him (through his corded earphones) is just barely acceptable on the jabra headset getting the same input), but anyone know of a registry key change or something that could help boost the, for loss of a better word, "wave" volume?
    That's the first I've heard of the a2dp volume being low. That must be your headphones. You made sure that system volume is max, player volume is max and headphone volume is max?
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by yukoner View Post

My goodness, I am away for a couple of days and so much has happened. I see mention of a third version? Is that the one located on Rapidshare?

I downloaded whatever version was there on the 25th. Is the one there an update from that?

Yukoner
    Both links on the first post are the latest version. The attached file is the previous version. The difference between the two installs is that the latest version is more automated. I'm still working with Mort to get his setup.dll fixed so that I can provide a single step install.
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by aryehz2 View Post
    Hey Hannip,

Sorry. I somehow never saw this post till now. Here is where I'm at now with my Plantronics 590A:

After a hard reset, I followed your installation directions exactly (as far as I can tell). I even got new headphones (same model) since mine stopped charging for some reason. So after some playing around, i was able to get the A2dp working.

But...

For some reason, the only way it will work is if I only have the Plantronics paired. If I try pairing the Treo BT headset too, neither one will work. Even when I turn the Treo headset off, the A2dp does not work. I can only have 1 set paired at a time.

I did just try deselecting the 2 options for the Plantronics. What happened then was that the A2dp worked but when i try to make a call or get a call, no sound comes out of anywhere. A soft reset only seems to disconnect the A2dp.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Can this have to do with the fact that the 590A is made to pair with a dongle (transmitter)? although according to the instructions it's supposed to be able to pair with a bluetooth phone (without the dongle).

Thanks again for all your help.
    Aryeh
    Yeah, I dunno. If I remember right you were doing something strange like having a headset paired and the plantronics paired at the same time. Seems to me the treo would get confused as to which headset to use since they both support the same profile. It seems that you can't really disable the headset profile on the plantronics so it causes a conflict.
    Yeah, I dunno. If I remember right you were doing something strange like having a headset paired and the plantronics paired at the same time. Seems to me the treo would get confused as to which headset to use since they both support the same profile. It seems that you can't really disable the headset profile on the plantronics so it causes a conflict.
    I guess that's true. So do es everyone with bluetooth stereo headphones use them while driving too? (don't worry, I'm not telling on anyone) I know it"s illegal in most states. But maybe they don't wear a headset at all when driving. I just can't believe that it can't be done. Maybe I just need a different bluetooth headset.

Aryeh
  12.    #392  
    Wait, this should only be a problem if both the headset and headphones are on at the same time. Are you having issues when just one is on?
    Wait, this should only be a problem if both the headset and headphones are on at the same time. Are you having issues when just one is on?
    Yes. As long as they are both in the list of devises, they do not work. I am going to try a different headset (the perks of working for a cell phone company)
    OK. I tried the Blutrek X2. Same basic problem. The only difference was that this time the a2dp worked even when the X2 was on but when I tried a call no sound came out of anywhere. The bluetooth icon is still white instead of blue but the headphones icon does not come on.

turning off the X2 did not make any difference. Niether did palying around with the check boxes. I also tried setting the X2 (as I ahd tried with my Treo headset) to hold and set for Hands free but it did not make a diff either.

sounds like it's still getting confused.

Aryeh
    I will be returning my flaky Q for a Treo 700WX today at lunch with Sprint. I will be doing this as soon as I get to my desk and plug it in.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I installed the files from last week. Everything works great except for the volume on my BT headset as a few others have mentioned. I have the treo's volume all the way up and the headset volume all the way up.

The call clarity is definitely better than it was before but people can hardly hear me nor I them. When A call comes in the beep my headset makes is very loud and same with any other notifications the headset is making.

Before installing this volume was fine and even too loud at the top setting. People complained about the static in the connection but never the volume. Is there some setting that needs to be tweaked in theses files?
    HELP!

I just got my Treo and I did this update to it and followed the instructions to the T. I did the soft reset after the install, and now its saying device.exe and gwes.exe error. Help
    Okay, I uninstalled and and reinstalled it, and it seemed to have worked this time. Is there a way to verify?
    This is workin well with my new Logitech Freepulse i got today..I have one issue tho...my email notification is way too loud. Is there a way to turn it down?
  20.    #400  
    New ONE STEP install is now posted to the first post of this thread.

For those of you that have already installed it there is no need to install again. Enjoy!