Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by willyrick View Post
    Is there a security setting or property that needs to be changed in order to copy dlls to the Windows dir on the Treo ?
    No, you just need to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to do it. Just ignore the scary warnings

Please do a backup before attempting stuff like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I just copied all of the files to a folder on my storage card, installed treo750a2dp.cab, then copied all but the vxdiff.reg and cab to \Windows. I used dotfred's taskmgr registry editor to import the reg file.
    Do you have a link to dotfred's taskmgr registry editor? Thanks
    nevermind....noticed you updated your first post. Thanks....
    OK...
    I do not have my a2dp headphones yet (got excited and ordered them tonight).

I installed everything, and it went beautifully.......no hangups or anything, how do i know that it worked?

Do I have to wait until my headphones get here?

-Chris
    Well, ok...i should play before i post...
    I took the screenshot, would this assume that I got it right? Or can I check somewhere else too?

Last edited by lawmangrant; 02/22/2007 at 02:25 AM.
  6.    #26  
    Yes, once you get your headphones you should be able to select the Wireless Stereo option. If the option is not available something went wrong.
    honestly though, the only tricking part was running the reg entry. I clicked on it, it loaded PHM and I shut it down......But the Wireless Stero option wasn't there before, so hopefully it went right.

Can I check to see if a specfic reg entry was made? that is my only worry.

Also, the swap over went fine with TC.

Hey hannip, I know I don't have many posts, but I have been lurking for months....I just want to say, that you have helped me out so much. I am sure people say thank you, but it will never be enough. You are the man. Thank you so much for all of your help!

-Chris
    For those having problems copy and pasting the files... which I did. Here is what you do. Extract the zip'd files to the my docs or the card and use the resco explorer move to function instead.... it allowed me to overwrite those files that were not allowed with the copy/paste. I think the copy/paste has issues with overwriting ROM files because the "are you sure you want to replace" message didn't come up, just the overwrite all popup.

To import using that task manager, click on the reg file, then open with and select the taskmanager.exe.

I got it installed and my headset is working, as is my active sync via BT.
  9.    #29  
    You can check that vxdiff.reg was loaded by seeing if the following key exists in your registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\THBKit]
    Dangit...Not as smooth as I thought.

That is not in there....The .reg file is on my device, how do I run it?

I'm helpless!
  11.    #31  
    Install dotfred's taskmgr. See the link in the first post. You will need to sign in to see the file to install. Once installed use it to load the reg file. All this will be done by the cab so if you can wait till this weekend it will be much easier to do.
    OK...
    I'm a brat...I should have followed your instructions from the get go about dotfred's program. (Slapping Hand over and over) Sorry about that.

Import went good, and yes your regedits are now in my Treo700wx....WOOHOO.....I have a2dp!!!

I would wait for the weekend, but shush, can't tell anyone, but I play the police for my job, and well, I work weekends, so I shouldn't be back on until Tuesday morning!

-Chris
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    OK, for those having problems copying the dll's to the Windows dir:

see Hannip's original post, he has added some new instructions. You'll need to DL and install Resco Explorer and dotFred's TaskMgr

This kicks ***! I'm using the 700wx with an IOgear Stereo HS w/ mic, seems to work great, and for the 1st time in my WM5 history the BT is actually loud and clear enough. Can talk and make calls with no problems, music comes right back after call is over. ALSO, I just got the Logitech ipod HS to work as well. Controls on both the IOgear and Logitech work as well !

Thanks Hannip (and everyone else who helped) !!!!!

now on to Voice Dial over BT ....
    Last edited by willyrick; 02/22/2007 at 09:08 AM.
    Thanks hannip!
    great job. thanks hannip.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well done Hannip. I knew once you had the files you could make it work.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    thank you dimitri. without the rom dump this would not have happened.

others were to scared to help. lol
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    will this allow transmission of the sounds over a stadnard bluethooth headset to work now? will voice command work the way it does on the Q?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by remlle View Post
    will this allow transmission of the sounds over a stadnard bluethooth headset to work now? will voice command work the way it does on the Q?
    No, sorry. I tested my headset and can verify bt voice dialing still doesn't work.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Thanks dimitri for your willingness to help. I know how excited people are when they get a new toy. You took time out to help the community. Bravo and way to go on getting a good dump the first try!
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast