Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Would this fix work for Motorola H700 BT Headset? Thanks everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    I'm assuming these were all inside your \Windows folder? And to uninstall completely, did you go to the Remove Programs applet and delete the Hannip a2dp entry?
    Yes, all the files were in the Windows folder. Here are the instructions from hannip's readme in the zip file:

UNINSTALL:
    Steps:
    1) start File Explorer and navigate to Program Files\A2DP. click on the
    uninstall.mscr to delete the 22 ROM files. Once done go to Start-Settings
    select System tab, click on Remove Programs. Select "hannip vzw 700wx A2DP"
    and click on the Remove button. Soft reset.

When I tried to use the "Remove Programs" applet, I got a message saying the program could not be completely removed. Then, when I reinstalled the cab, I received the message that the old files would be removed prior to the installation of the new files.

And DUN still doesn't work.

Hope this helps.
    hi
    I installed the 3rd version. I repaired my devices but now my Bluetooth GPS will pair using serial port but when I start the app it does not find the signal.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

I tried different combos....I created a com4 port...like I used to..but did not work. I tried the uninstall but it did not work. I had to reinstall to uninstall and then go find the 9 files then do a remove but it did not go back to normal I guess.

I'm just so worried I may have to do a hard reset.

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrider View Post
    Yes, all the files were in the Windows folder. Here are the instructions from hannip's readme in the zip file:

UNINSTALL:
    Steps:
    1) start File Explorer and navigate to Program Files\A2DP. click on the
    uninstall.mscr to delete the 22 ROM files. Once done go to Start-Settings
    select System tab, click on Remove Programs. Select "hannip vzw 700wx A2DP"
    and click on the Remove button. Soft reset.

When I tried to use the "Remove Programs" applet, I got a message saying the program could not be completely removed. Then, when I reinstalled the cab, I received the message that the old files would be removed prior to the installation of the new files.

And DUN still doesn't work.

Hope this helps.
    How do you disable ActiveSync in order to install without conflicting with existing ROM files? Is turning off the phone sufficient?
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    How do you disable ActiveSync in order to install without conflicting with existing ROM files? Is turning off the phone sufficient?
    neill,

Press and hold the "ok" button until the "Running Programs List" screen appears. Highlight ActiveSync and press stop, or press "stop all."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    Would this fix work for Motorola H700 BT Headset? Thanks everyone.
    I've been using this fix with the H700 and WX for the past 2 days without bluetooth dropping once. As soon as I flip the mouthpiece open, it pairs right away and the icon turns white, and when I close it the icon turns solid blue immediately. Volume is good too. I will continue to test it, though
    neill,

Press and hold the "ok" button until the "Running Programs List" screen appears. Highlight ActiveSync and press stop, or press "stop all."
    I use Spb Pocket Plus, and there's no apparent way to disable either Pocket Plus or ActiveSync. Can I simply turn off the phone? Can someone using Spb please clue me in?
  8.    #368  
    No, turning off the phone doesn't stop anything. Are you saying that Spb Pocket Plus changes your key mapping so you can't get to the task manager by pressing and holding down the Ok button?

If so just go to Start->Settings, click on the System tab and click on the icon labeld Memory. Click on the Running Programs tab and click the Stop All button.

Note that you need to disconnect your usb sync cable before you kill Active Sync.
    hannip I installed with the second version. Can I use the 3rd version's uninstall methods to uninstall everything and reinstall?
  10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    hannip I installed with the second version. Can I use the 3rd version's uninstall methods to uninstall everything and reinstall?
    Yes, but since the new bluetooth stack is already running on your treo the uninstall will not be able to remove several files and have to rename them prefixed with an x. Then you can remove them after a soft reset and reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    I've been using this fix with the H700 and WX for the past 2 days without bluetooth dropping once. As soon as I flip the mouthpiece open, it pairs right away and the icon turns white, and when I close it the icon turns solid blue immediately. Volume is good too. I will continue to test it, though
    With this fix, do you get Voice Command working through your BT headset?
    What have you noticed before and after applying this fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes, but since the new bluetooth stack is already running on your treo the uninstall will not be able to remove several files and have to rename them prefixed with an x. Then you can remove them after a soft reset and reinstall.
    hannip,

I've been through the installation process to the letter twice, ensured that all 22 files were copied to ROM, and still can't get DUN to work. All other Bluetooth functions are fine, including Palm headset and ActiveSync. Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    With this fix, do you get Voice Command working through your BT headset?
    What have you noticed before and after applying this fix?
    I just bought the headset the same day I installed the fix, so I don't have any before and after comparisions. I haven't tried voice command through the headset. I'm not sure how to do so.
    I'm also experiencing the low volume issue. I have a 700w with a moto H3 headset. I don't really know anything about bluetooth other than what I've read in this thread. The problem doesn't appear to be the registry. I've restored to a previous registry file and the sound volume is still too low. There must be something in the .dll files that has changed. The volume on the earpiece still changes up or down, but the threshold is about 50% lower than it was before and is now unuseable. There has to be a way we can modify the stack to incorporate the A2DP profile and the older Headset profile.
  15.    #375  
    Possibly. You can try renaming files one by one and soft reset. Eventually you might find a combination that works. For A2DP you need at a minimum the following files.

bta2dp.dl
    avrcp_mpplugin.dll
    sbc.dll
    btd.dll
    btdrt.dll

The primary dll for the headset audiogateway is btagext.dll. Start with renaming that one and soft reset. See if your volume comes back.
  16.    #376  
    hannip,

I've been through the installation process to the letter twice, ensured that all 22 files were copied to ROM, and still can't get DUN to work. All other Bluetooth functions are fine, including Palm headset and ActiveSync. Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks.
    Then DUN discussion is in this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137491
    I'm trying to get this to work with my moto H700 with out any success. Anyone else got it to work? If so how?
  18.    #378  
    If you mean A2DP audio you'll need a device that supports the A2DP profile which the H700 does not.
    I installed to a 700wx. I'm using an HT820 & a Discovery 645.
    Both are working flawlessly w/ both WMP & TCPMP with audio (haven't tried video).

Many thanks and kudos hannip!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If you mean A2DP audio you'll need a device that supports the A2DP profile which the H700 does not.
    I realize that it is not stereo. I meant any audio being played via media center such as music.