Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    I tried... no go. I get network connection failed or passkey is incorrect. In the device to connect to box, my headphones show up, but there is a ? in a yellow bubble next to them. Does that mean anything?
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    not sure what that means.

You may want to try 8888 for the passkey.
    I just tried again from scratch after a reset and got a little headset looking icon next to it that time, but neither 0000 or 8888 worked to let it pair up... Im at a loss now. It seems like its loosing connection. If I do a refresh they dont show up again unless I turn them off and back on again. dunno...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    VC 1.6 can use text-to-speech to read you text messages. Can anyone who has installed this update verify if it will read the messages through a bluetooth headset.
    I get NO Voice Command 1.6 audio through the bt headset. Everything still works through the treo speaker/mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
    I just tried again from scratch after a reset and got a little headset looking icon next to it that time, but neither 0000 or 8888 worked to let it pair up... Im at a loss now. It seems like its loosing connection. If I do a refresh they dont show up again unless I turn them off and back on again. dunno...
    Which logitech headphones do you have. The wireless for MP3 worked with code 0000. I am sure if you go to logitech's support site you can find the code for the freepulse (tho i think they are also 0000). Make sure you are in pairing mode, where the headphones LED alternate blue and red. You have to hold down a while. If none of that works, reinsall Hannip's A2DP patch.
    Hannip,
    Any chance you can call me, being you are in VA as well? Want to work on something to help others and need some advice...8043392984 Thank you,
    Bill
    Freedom Isn't Free, Never Forget 9/11
    Do you guys think this will fix the problem with the Treo's and my Acura HF system? When I had a treo, it would connect or not connect sometimes. And it would disconnect so much that I couldn't use it.

I had the Treo 750 with Cingular and came back to Sprint after too many drop call issues.

Let me know, I am willing to swap my Motorola Q for the Treo 700wx since I am in my trial!
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Which logitech headphones do you have. The wireless for MP3 worked with code 0000. I am sure if you go to logitech's support site you can find the code for the freepulse (tho i think they are also 0000). Make sure you are in pairing mode, where the headphones LED alternate blue and red. You have to hold down a while. If none of that works, reinsall Hannip's A2DP patch.
    I forgot my headphones today when I left the house so I will have to wait till I get home to play with them some more.

From what you said, I think I may have been trying to pair them wrong. Also, I have these that are made for ipod and I havnt tried using them with anything other than the BT plug that comes with them.
    The 700wx is the first BT device I have ever owned so this is all a little new to me. I will play a little more when I get home and see what happens.
    Yes, those should work exactly as I described. If it doesnt then reinstall the hack for a2dp.

Also on a side note, when the headband cracks in the middle, and it will, be sure and contact logitech and they will exchange them for a set of the logitech freepulse headphones at no charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    I had the Treo 750 with Cingular and came back to Sprint after too many drop call issues.
    Funny, considering their big thing is "fewest dropped calls"!

Sorry, I know, not talking about A2DP. I just chuckled when I saw that.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    To the moderators of Treo Central. I think this needs to be stickied on this forum? What do you think?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Yes, those should work exactly as I described. If it doesnt then reinstall the hack for a2dp.

Also on a side note, when the headband cracks in the middle, and it will, be sure and contact logitech and they will exchange them for a set of the logitech freepulse headphones at no charge.
    Cool thanks for letting me know about the exchange. I know they are prone to cracking and I was being very careful with them. In that case, no more treating them like they are fine china. lol.
    well I finally got it to pair up with my bt headphones. I dont get any sound though and I dont get the option to set as wireless stereo. I guess Ill try to uninstall it and install it again and see what happens.

EDIT: I'm getting an error that the program was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?

What do I do about that?
    Last edited by Pitchblack98; 02/27/2007 at 07:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Add them

In your registry editor add DWORD. Enter the name MicVolume and value of 8. Add another DWORD with the name SpkVolume and a value of 8. I think the range is 0 - 10 for each.
    Hannip, I also have a 700w / Plantronics 510s and after applying the patch am having issues with low volume over bluetooth. The volume used to go to shockingly high levels, I kept it at about half volume. But now the highest level is quite low.

I added the registry entries and the volume is slightly increased, but still maybe only half of what it used to be. Seems to me that the others who have reported this and included their phone model had the 700w as well (not wx).

I assume the 0-10 values are decimal (not hex)? I put 10 in for both.

Any other ideas that might allow me to boost the volume?

Connection quality and robustness seem greatly improved. I will have to try it in the car and see if it's loud enough for me to hear and if others can hear me before deciding if it the volume is livable.

Either way, I wanted to report in and say thanks for hard work!!!
    Was it confirmed that 10 is the highest value for those keys?
    I got mine working with the help of the man himself. Much appreciated!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks Hannip. The new stack is much more stable.

I am, however, having the volume problem like others with the 700w (I have an H500 headset). I added the SpkVolume key and played with its value, but it had no effect. Anyone have any other thoughts? The vol is so low that I'm considering rolling back to the old stack, but I don't want to lose the improvements.
    Last edited by kalinsky; 02/28/2007 at 07:24 AM.
    Only 20 of the 22 files were installed, and when I then tried to uninstall, the popup said that two files were prefixed with an X, and were not removed. My guess is that I didn't effectively disable ActiveSync-- I thought turning off the phone would do it.

Any idea which files have this prefix, so that I can find them and delete them manually?

I'll be eagerly awaiting the .cab this weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Any idea which files have this prefix, so that I can find them and delete them manually?
    I had a similar problem, but it was 10 files that couldn't be removed. I just used Resco File Explorer to navigate to the Windows folder and scrolled down to the files beginning with "x".

I went through the whole install process again, and still no DUN, although all other bluetooth functions are good, including AcitveSync.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrider View Post
    I had a similar problem, but it was 10 files that couldn't be removed. I just used Resco File Explorer to navigate to the Windows folder and scrolled down to the files beginning with "x".

I went through the whole install process again, and still no DUN, although all other bluetooth functions are good, including AcitveSync.
    I'm assuming these were all inside your \Windows folder? And to uninstall completely, did you go to the Remove Programs applet and delete the Hannip a2dp entry?