Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    You can get ActiveSync from Microsoft's site or install it from the CD that comes with the WX.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    and the usb cable will most likely be included (unless you buy it used or something)
    LongLivePalm
    I gave up on this project..... Now i can return my ipod!

Thanks
    thanks hannip for the third version. a few questuons...

1) does the second version do the registry changes automatically? I remember the first version required the taskman app to import, but I don't see any instructions for this in version 2.

3) what makes version 3 so much easier than version 2. if version 2 did the reg changes what so hard about moveing some files to the windows folder? doesn't the 3rd version still need the files to be moved over? are you just have mort move them over?

sorry, just want to know which version fits me better. which version do I want to keep for when I hard reset next. lol

thanks, cody
    Hello folks,
    I can't seem to find the DUN instructions for using the Hannip Bluetooth stack.
    I am sure it's lives somewhere on this site, could someone point me in the right direction?
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    thanks hannip for the third version. a few questuons...

1) does the second version do the registry changes automatically? I remember the first version required the taskman app to import, but I don't see any instructions for this in version 2.
    Yes the 2nd version cab did all of the reg changes.

3) what makes version 3 so much easier than version 2. if version 2 did the reg changes what so hard about moveing some files to the windows folder? doesn't the 3rd version still need the files to be moved over? are you just have mort move them over?
    Resco Explorer or Total Commander is not required for the 3rd version and much less chance of screwing up since the script does all of the copying and reports whether all files were copied or not.

sorry, just want to know which version fits me better. which version do I want to keep for when I hard reset next. lol

thanks, cody
    btw, Mort has given me a test version of setup.dll. If we get that working I'll post a version 4 that is one step.
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357 View Post
    Hello folks,
    I can't seem to find the DUN instructions for using the Hannip Bluetooth stack.
    I am sure it's lives somewhere on this site, could someone point me in the right direction?
    DUN discussion is in this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137491
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hannip, I installed the first version that you originally posted and now I'm attempting to install the second version which you recently posted however i can't overwrite a couple dll files (which were originally copied from your first version) when copying the files over to \Windows. Is that normal? Does this second version contain any additional features or is pretty much like the first version?
  9.    #329  
    It's the same. No need to install the 2nd or 3rd version if you already had the 1st installed.

To get around locked file issues you must turn off bluetooth and soft reset prior to install and also close all running applications especially Active Sync.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Has this been confirmed to fix the BT dropout issue? Do all versions fix the dropout issue?

Thanks.
  11.    #331  
    All are the same, just different installation procedures for the same files. Several people have claimed that this update fixes the dropout issue.
    I have noticed a significant improvement in BT quality, including the loss of the dropout problem. Others have reported this as well, as hannip mentioned. It's definitely an improvement in the BT stack.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes the 2nd version cab did all of the reg changes.

Resco Explorer or Total Commander is not required for the 3rd version and much less chance of screwing up since the script does all of the copying and reports whether all files were copied or not.

btw, Mort has given me a test version of setup.dll. If we get that working I'll post a version 4 that is one step.
    Please have a 4th version one step software. I installed the 3rd version which I do not believe was installed correctly because my treo frooze once which it never did before and my headset no longer was able to redial by holding the button a few seconds which it did before and after I unistalled the software. Also pressing the red button to turn on the display was sluggish with the a2dp uploaded on my treo and back to being fast when I unistalled it.

I know its most likely I didnt do something correctly, so I wont try to put the a2dp back on my treo till their is an ***** proof cab lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post

right on.
    Hannip... quick question for you... hopefully you can answer it. After installing this, redoing all my partnerships and ports etc. The BT performance has improved dramatically. I no longer get random drops etc.. and the inability to turn the BT back on once its shut off etc etc...

However, I do notice one small little hiccup. When I roam around the house and leave my wx in my office, then come back into range it does not automatically re-establish a connection. I simply have to close my bt boom and reopen and it connects right back up etc... but I was wondering if there is a reg setting or something that would do this automatically??
  16.    #336  
    That could be a power saving feature of your headset. I know mine does that and it is suppose to be a feature. :-/

However, when a phone call comes in the connection establishes automatically.
    I lost my bt earpiece soon after installing your update (was NOT happy), anyways, I got a newer and better device (LG HBM-730) but am having a lot of problems with it dropping and reconnecting. Especially seems to happen when I get a message, but not necessarily. Seems like it cycles through a disconnect and repairing over and over again. Any thoughts/suggestions? Does anyone else have this earpiece?
    Im having a hard time getting my 700wx to connect to my logitech headphones. I can get it to recognize them, but its asking me for a passkey and I have no idea what that is supposed to be or am I supposed to make one up...???
    VC 1.6 can use text-to-speech to read you text messages. Can anyone who has installed this update verify if it will read the messages through a bluetooth headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
    Im having a hard time getting my 700wx to connect to my logitech headphones. I can get it to recognize them, but its asking me for a passkey and I have no idea what that is supposed to be or am I supposed to make one up...???
    try 0000