Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
  1.    #261  
    Awesome, do we have all of the carriers covered now? Glad to see it's working out for most everyone with some added bonuses. No donations, your happiness is my reward. It would be nice if you named your first born after me though.
    A2DP
    I'm loving it.Slindmedia player with the HS820,s watching Die Hard.The stereo sound is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Awesome, do we have all of the carriers covered now? Glad to see it's working out for most everyone with some added bonuses. No donations, your happiness is my reward. It would be nice if you named your first born after me though.
    You da man!!! I am a Palm OS guy but it is guys like you that make TC a special place for all treonauts.

Thanks for all your effort.
    Hannip - Your work is truly amazing! Particularly getting audio over bluetooth headeset on the 750 http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135417 and now a2dp on the 700wx. What do you think the prospects are for getting audio over mono headsets on the 700wx? I have read in this thread that the btaudio utility does not work. I know the quality of A2dp is better, but I am afraid bluetooth headphones would be too obvious on the job.
  5.    #265  
    We were discussing a hardware mod, but unless we can get a super hardware geek or someone like ppctech to investigate I think it's a lost cause.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137500

Maybe you could get away with using the Jabra BT8010's at your work.
    http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/EM/EN/...10/JabraBT8010
    I've tried this twice now and it locks up my device hard...

Here's what I did:

1) hard reset and verify bluetooth is off
    2) install Resco Explorer
    3) use AS to copy vzw folder to storage card
    4) run cab file
    5) delete cab file
    6) select all files in vzw folder
    7) choose "Move to..." and select \Windows folder
    8) choose "Overwrite all..." and "Yes" to all dialogs prompting overwrite warning
    9) wait a few minutes in case the ROM needs to update itself
    10) soft reset
    11) turn bluetooth on
    12) pair treo with laptop using a Socket CF bluetooth card
    13) soft reset
    14) set up DUN connection using no name/pw and #777 for the phone number
    15) connect successfully
    16) browse to google on the laptop, verifying connection
    17) go to www.dslreports.com/mspeed and run the 200K test
    18) after a few tests, the treo locks up, forcing me to reset

I tried this twice with exactly the same result.

I just obtained this brand new Treo a few days ago as a replacement, so I don't think it's a hardware problem. FWIW, I have the newer 1.14 ROM; maybe there's an incompatibility there?

Anyone have any ideas?

pretty bummed, I was looking forward to ditching PDANet and USBModem. :-(
    sounds like you forgot the reg edit thing.

edit; nevermind. it seems that he changed the first page. i dont how he does the reg thing now.

hey hannip. is this the version (change to 1st post) that you were talking about making? is this the finished product?
  8.    #268  
    No it's not the final version. The current cab however does make all of the required registry changes.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    No it's not the final version. The current cab however does make all of the required registry changes.
    So, it's not the one step Cab file?
    hannip, anything I can do to help diagnose my problem further?
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    hannip, anything I can do to help diagnose my problem further?
    I would suggest posting in this thread for DUN issues.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137491
  12.    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
    So, it's not the one step Cab file?
    No, the one step cab is still a work in progress.
    No, the one step cab is still a work in progress.
    right on buddy, it installed just fine for me the first day you released it. it seems that you have changed the install instructions and files at least two other times. it's hard to help users install with all the changes. lol

no hurry, hannip.
  14.    #274  
    Just two version so far.
    The 3rd will be the last.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Yep it sure will. I'm listening to The Vault on Sirius right now. No issues what-so-ever.

The new fangled headset I was referring to is this.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/EM/EN/...10/JabraBT8010

hannip, I checked out this headset you were referring to. My question is, does the mono only part of the headset have a2dp meaning if I purchase this headset can i just have the mono headset on my ear and hear music or would both headsets have to be connected together to have a2dp enabled?
  16.    #276  
    That's a good question. I'm not sure. I would think you would be able to. If you set A2DP to use joint stereo it should even sound ok on just one headset.

Maybe someone that has one can chime in and say for sure.

EDIT: It's all good. A2DP on mono headset works!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132097
    Last edited by hannip; 02/24/2007 at 01:56 PM.
    My BT8010 Headset is on the way and I should receive it on Tuesday
    I will give the heads up on function , Performance...
  18.    #278  
    Damn, I'll be jealous. I'll be looking forward to your review.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    OK, so I got rid of the high pitch distortion from my iTech clip. Had to set "UseJointStereo" to 1.

Now to throw a wrench into all this goodness. Has any one noticed that the sound is mono, no matter what the "Bitpool" or "UseJointStereo" is set to. If you have any music like say "Drive My Car" by The Beatles, or Jimi Hendrix. In that time period they used to pan things to the extreme left or extreme right in the mix. The thing is I notice this happening with my wireed headset too, but not as badly. And their is nothing wrong with my mp3, as it plays perfectly on my PC using WMP. So with that said I don't think its a A2DP problem but a WM5/Treo problem. I do remeber StarTrek having this problem when it came out. Time to go start digging over at XDA-Developers.

Thanks again hannip for making this possible.
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    OK, so I got rid of the high pitch distortion from my iTech clip. Had to set "UseJointStereo" to 1.

Now to throw a wrench into all this goodness. Has any one noticed that the sound is mono, no matter what the "Bitpool" or "UseJointStereo" is set to. If you have any music like say "Drive My Car" by The Beatles, or Jimi Hendrix. In that time period they used to pan things to the extreme left or extreme right in the mix. The thing is I notice this happening with my wireed headset too, but not as badly. And their is nothing wrong with my mp3, as it plays perfectly on my PC using WMP. So with that said I don't think its a A2DP problem but a WM5/Treo problem. I do remeber StarTrek having this problem when it came out. Time to go start digging over at XDA-Developers.

Thanks again hannip for making this possible.

For me it is true stereo when UseJointStereo is 0. Sorry to hear that mode is giving you problems.

The Cars - Moving In Stereo is playing and it is going extreme right to left and back.