Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    I seem to be having a problem with this. I installed and copied eveeything correctly as far as I can tell. After the last soft reset I paired my headphones, held down and chose wieelss stereo option.

I got the wireless stereo icon but it disapeared after just a few seconds. No music came from the headphones when I tried listening to Windows media.

I am using Plantronics Pulsar 590a but without the dongle.

Any ideas?

thanks!
    Aryeh
  2.    #182  
    1) bt vc activation has always been possible with vc 1.5 using JETware handsfree extension.
    2) bt vc 1.5 activation doesn't work with this stack without assistance (see 1).
    3) The noise you hear when you open the audio connection is what I call the noise from an open connection as if it was disconnected.
    4) I think vc 1.6 takes over the bluetooth icon states.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by aryehz2 View Post
    I seem to be having a problem with this. I installed and copied eveeything correctly as far as I can tell. After the last soft reset I paired my headphones, held down and chose wieelss stereo option.

I got the wireless stereo icon but it disapeared after just a few seconds. No music came from the headphones when I tried listening to Windows media.

I am using Plantronics Pulsar 590a but without the dongle.

Any ideas?

thanks!
    Aryeh
    Turn up the volume? lol
    Does the music come through your treo speakers or just nothing?
    The notification icon is suppose to be temporary btw.
    very funny!

the sound comes through the speakers
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    A2dp working wonderfully for a little while there... but now I'm just realizing that sometimes my Moto ht820's are freezing!! What the crap man?! I never had this problem with the Dell Axim, and the only way I can get them to work again is if I go plug them in for a second to turn them off. There's still the slight hiss of there being a connection, but it's not shown as paired by the Treo and no buttons will respond. No lights are ever on after it freezes. ???

Also, the first freeze was just me starting a song, the second was me starting a call, then it happened a few more random times. AHHH!!!
    LongLivePalm
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by aryehz2 View Post
    very funny!

the sound comes through the speakers
    hmm, the fact that you got the wireless stereo notification tells me it thinks it is working. Weird. Try deleting and reparing?
    Another side bonus about this A2DP install. No more bluetooth drop out or shutdown. I was able to drive all the way home tonight and when I got home Bluetooth was still on and my headset connected.
    bit_bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    1) bt vc activation has always been possible with vc 1.5 using JETware handsfree extension.
    2) bt vc 1.5 activation doesn't work with this stack without assistance (see 1).
    3) The noise you hear when you open the audio connection is what I call the noise from an open connection as if it was disconnected.
    4) I think vc 1.6 takes over the bluetooth icon states.
    1) ahh I didn't know you could do that before with 1.5

2) I guess you don't need that extension anymore if you have MS VC 1.6

3) I see what you mean about the open connection sound I hear. It seems to stay open like that the whole time I am speaking commands to VC.

4) Well that sucks. I kind of like seeing the bluetooth icon change state.

Have any thoughts about my hands-free/headset issue I mentioned? Do you select both handsfree and headset on your bt headsets? Why would only handsfree show up in the list at first? I have to go back in to the screen and refresh to get headset to show up.
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    A2dp working wonderfully for a little while there... but now I'm just realizing that sometimes my Moto ht820's are freezing!! What the crap man?! I never had this problem with the Dell Axim, and the only way I can get them to work again is if I go plug them in for a second to turn them off. There's still the slight hiss of there being a connection, but it's not shown as paired by the Treo and no buttons will respond. No lights are ever on after it freezes. ???

Also, the first freeze was just me starting a song, the second was me starting a call, then it happened a few more random times. AHHH!!!
    hmm, did you install the a2dphq.reg, maybe it is having an issue with the bitpool settings. What settings did you use on the Axim?
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    Ok after following the super ez install,...
    I had some issue with file overwrites (started using only File Explorer - ended up with Total Commander). I think I got it all correct when finally done. All overwrite failures are now on identical files - size and date are the same.

I installed voice command 1.6 over 1.5. I am now able to activate voice command by holding my call button on my bt plantronics headset for 1 second (this is how the manual on my headset says to activate voice dialing)....Side note: I wish I would have thought to try the bt voice command activation right after I installed hannip's drivers. It might have worked to activate ms vc 1.5. Can anyone confirm that bt voice command activation works with their headsets on ms vc 1.5?
    My Plantronics 640 does not start up VC with the side button.

Question: When I pair my plantronics 665 bt headset I see hands-free listed. I check that and ok out of the screen. If I go back and hit refresh, both hands-free and headset profiles will show up. Why is that? Should I be checking both or what?
    Interesting. I only see hands-free.

Hannip: Thanks again for your work. I have one small problem after the driver update. My bluetooth icon on the today screen does not change status anymore. There is no change to the icon when paired/unpaired or in use. When making a call with bt headset I don't see the headset image anymore. What could be wrong?
    ?? I do not get that issue. All is as it used to be before this upgrade.

Of course I get no Stereo - but it's not a stereo headset. I was hoping to be able to maybe play around a bit with VC, but I see i cannot without MS VC 1.6 and I am not willing to pay $40 for that when it will do little, if anything, for me. If I could pay only the $10 upgrade I might be tempted.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Yes, the registry hack was included... and I used that iPAQ update to enable a2dp. Remember that was posted by me way back when... and I realized it was based on widcomm...
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket View Post
    Another side bonus about this A2DP install. No more bluetooth drop out or shutdown. I was able to drive all the way home tonight and when I got home Bluetooth was still on and my headset connected.
    I know! It's awesome isn't it? I posted this a few minutes ago! I LOVE IT!!!
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Well never mind this... the headphones are the thing that's not working right. Something must be loose 'cause I'm having the same problem after I busted out the old Axim... anyone know where you can get Moto HT820's Referbished?
    LongLivePalm
  14.    #194  
    Have any thoughts about my hands-free/headset issue I mentioned? Do you select both handsfree and headset on your bt headsets? Why would only handsfree show up in the list at first? I have to go back in to the screen and refresh to get headset to show up.
    I only have handsfree shown also. Do you notice any change in functionality when only handsfree is selected vs both?
    Yes. When I first pair my plantronics 665 I see handsfree in the list. After selecting that and exiting the screen the headset works fine. If I go back in to that screen and refresh I get both headset and handsfree. If I check them both the headset seems to still work fine. If I then go in and unselect headset and leave handsfree checked the headset stops working all together which is weird because when I first paried all that showed was handsfree and it worked fine. If I unselect handsfree and leave headset checked it still seems to work ok. Right now I have them both selected and it is working. My moto h700 did this exact same thing when I had it.

Just to be clear this was all happening before the driver update.
    Everything works awesome; however, I've noticed a great reduction in the earpiece volume of my H700 when on a call. Anyone else get this?
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I did somewhat...
    LongLivePalm
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by santerianumero1 View Post
    Everything works awesome; however, I've noticed a great reduction in the earpiece volume of my H700 when on a call. Anyone else get this?
    I didn't notice. Earlier someone claimed the opposite I think. I wonder if there is a registry setting for that. hmm.

Under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway
    There are values for:
    MicVolume
    SpkVolume

You might want to play with those values to see if you can get the right balance. I'm not sue what the range for the values are though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, the fact that you got the wireless stereo notification tells me it thinks it is working. Weird. Try deleting and reparing?
    Yup. Tried that. So here's what I have now. I got the music to work. I then tried making a call. Sound form the call would not come out of anywhere (I also had my Treo BT Headset on). I palyed around with turning things on and off and soft reseting. Each time something else would work or not work. Meaning sometimes my Treo headset worked and sometimes my Plantronics. sometimes a call would work and sometimes the music would work.

Confused? Well, there's more. When I tried making a call I noticed that the In Call volume had gone all the way down. Even when I made it louoder I got no sound.

The other thing I noticed is that the only way to get the Plantronics to work once I turned them was to back in the bt settings and set it for wireless stereo again. It never seems to stick though.

Any other ideas? Thanks again for all your help.
    Aryeh
  20.    #200  
    I wonder if the plantronics is switching to headset profile when the call comes in along with your other headset. Any reason why you are using two?