1.    #1  
    What is the best unzip utility for WM5 (preferably free!) and where can I get it?
    Resco Explorer is great but not free...includes a ton of stuff including zip/unzip
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I use a freeware program called PocketRar. It will handle Rar and Zip files. You can find it about half way down the page. http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Works just like it should and isn't a real memory hog.
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    I second pocket rar its the best and it runs from the card just fine.
    For more must have free applications check out my signature
    James Ritter Can U Post Screen Shot Of Your Today Screen, It Look Rather Interesting To See What You Got...thanks
    Sure. I have majicbutton running at the top showing icons for running programs along with the white line at the very top showing battery level. SPB Finance showing how broke I am, LVM Time giving me the short date with time showing seconds of time ticking by that I playing on the Internet. And Pocket Breeze showing the next 30 days of calendar events. Then last but not least WeatherPanel, that handy dandy freeware that gives you endless viewing options putting the info that you need most smack dab on your today screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks James, yea I have Magic Button, and Weather Panel on my phone, thanks for the pics.
    Hands down - Total Commander.

Here's the link:
    http://www.ghisler.com/ce.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Sure. I have majicbutton running at the top showing icons for running programs along with the white line at the very top showing battery level. SPB Finance showing how broke I am, LVM Time giving me the short date with time showing seconds of time ticking by that I playing on the Internet. And Pocket Breeze showing the next 30 days of calendar events. Then last but not least WeatherPanel, that handy dandy freeware that gives you endless viewing options putting the info that you need most smack dab on your today screen.
    You should use hidelogo and get rid of the scroll bar.

(If you want to control the BT settings just type one letter and the logo screen pops back up, where you can press the BT logo)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post

(If you want to control the BT settings just type one letter and the logo screen pops back up, where you can press the BT logo)
    I stopped using hidelogo because i kept getting this glitch where the bottom of the scroll bar was cut off making it impossible to view what would be at the bottom of the today screen. When I got rid of logohide the glitch was gone. I had not tried it on my 750 though. Thanks for reminding me about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post

Here is logohide http://ppcgeeks.com/remove-logo-released-t1066.html if anyone is curious. I am trying it on the 750 now. It cut off the bottom of the scroll bar just like on the wx so that I couldn't get to the bottom of my screen but on subsequent attempts I have been able to access the lower plug-ins even with the bottom of the scrollbar missing.

It would depend on the size of the scroll bar button. If the scroll bar button is small you will not be able to push it down past the softkey bar. You could however use the 5way to access the lower plugins as long as they are selectable by the dpad. For example I had to put the search plugin at the bottom so that I could get farther than the pinned SBSH calendar since it doesnt toggle with the dpad.

Man we got way of track in this thread,,, huh?

Do you know of a fix for the scrollbar cut off issue?
  13.    #13  
    I just went to the RAR site on my Treo, selected RAR 3.60 for Pocket PC, clicked on download and selected "open" after download and I got a message "RAR360 not a Pocket PC program"?

What am I doing wrong?

P.S.: I wanted to try out SKTools install manager and when I downloaded it on my Treo the cab file was zipped. Then I tried downloading Resco and it is a .exe file! I'm trying to avoid having to use a PC for this but I keep hitting road blocks. Grrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I just went to the RAR site on my Treo, selected RAR 3.60 for Pocket PC, clicked on download and selected "open" after download and I got a message "RAR360 not a Pocket PC program"?

What am I doing wrong?

P.S.: I wanted to try out SKTools install manager and when I downloaded it on my Treo the cab file was zipped. Then I tried downloading Resco and it is a .exe file! I'm trying to avoid having to use a PC for this but I keep hitting road blocks. Grrrrrrrrr!
    you might have downloaded a desktop installer. try on your desktop
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    nyncastro is right. I think your trying to run desktop exe on your PPC, sync your PPC while running the exe on your desktop computer.