1.    #1  
    Are they worth it? my last punchure to the digitizer went through the protector.
    How'd you manage to punchure the display? I think they're worth it because they keep the original screen nice and protected from oils, dirty and minor scratches.
  3.    #3  
    Finger nail snips in my coat pocket. I cant ever get the prtector to be bubble free. I think on my next I will leave it off. Unless anyone has suggestions./
    I got the 10 dollar ones from walmart and they work fine. They don't leave residue and are faily ez to apply for screen protectors. It comes with a little card you can use to squigee the protector on the screen to prevent bubbles. If you follow the instructions and the pictures on the package it actually works pretty well. After 2 tries I got no bubbles and a near perfect application. The hard thing for me was not getting some air dust or lint trapped underneath the protector. A trick to that is to do it in a humid room like in the bathroom after a hot shower.
    I think I'll always use a screen protector. I got the premium screen protector from Seidio, and while a little difficult to apply, it definitely protects the screen. It's thicker than the one Palm includes with the phone, so tapping may be reduced a bit, but at least it gives me piece of mind. Plus, once the screen is on, I don't notice the minor imperfections of the protector (or my imperfect application).
    I heard about a product called "invisi-shield" from a friend who had his blackberry screen scratched by his 3-year old who repeatedly scraped it on the tiled floor face down. He was at the local mall and saw a kiosk that was selling screen restorer's for ipods and other Apple products. The salesman let him try the product on his Blackberry screen and after several applications, the deep scratches disapeared. The salesman was also selling a protective screen that covered all of the Blackberry except for the keys. My friend bought the screen and showed me by using his car keys (I personally wouldn't recommend this test or do it on my 700p) that aggressively scraping the keys across the screen did not result in any scratches. After seeing that, I went out to the mall and purchased the "skin" for my treo and for my wife's treo. I am one who likes to carry the treo in my pocket and sometimes put it in the pocket with keys or change so the product works for me. The surface has kind of a tactile feel to it which makes the treo easier to hold on to. The cost is a little pricey, at $30.00 and $10.00 if applied by the sales person. I gladly paid the extra ten because they guarantee the application. I have no bubbles and the only problem I have had after 6 weeks of use is on one corner where the template was a little high and I had about 1/8 inch area where it started to peel. While I could have gone back and had them correct the problem, I simply took a pair of scissors and trimed the overlap and have had no problems since. If anyone is interested I would be happy to obtain more complete information about the product and availability. I'm in Provo, Utah, but I think the product is available through a website.
    Legalbeagle
    I purchased the Palm branded screen protectors, they are a little expensive but they are nice and thick, go on easily, cut to the perfect size for the Treo and provide great protection. I know i have tried other screen protectors in the past and they were always a pain to get on with out air bubbles even with the stupid card thing they give you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli View Post
    I heard about a product called "invisi-shield"...
    Same product but MUCH less expensive: www.bestskinsever.com. I use it on my Treo and it's great. Took about 20 minutes to apply, but that's only because I was being a perfectionist.
    I have a $5 Cellet screen protector I bought at Fry's. Work's great, although there's a bit of technique required to get it bubble free. It's preffitted too so I didn't have to cut it, which is great.
    does anyone remember the manufacturers of the protector that was a thin piece of plastic (no adhesive) that fit into the space inbetween the screen and the edge of the treo. You applied it by bending it slightly. I loved that protector because it was clear and guarenteed no air bubbles. I sold my old Treo600 with the thing still on and now I can't remember who made them.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357 View Post
    does anyone remember the manufacturers of the protector that was a thin piece of plastic (no adhesive) that fit into the space inbetween the screen and the edge of the treo. You applied it by bending it slightly. I loved that protector because it was clear and guarenteed no air bubbles. I sold my old Treo600 with the thing still on and now I can't remember who made them.
    Fairly east to DIY.

All you need is some clear transparency film. I have 3M's PP-2500's.

Cut them a little larger than the screen and they will easily "snap" under that little edge your talking about. When I get around to it I am going to make a template so you just put the transparency in your printer, print the template, and viola a bunch of protectors.

Used this setup for years and from my first Palm Pilot to my Treo the screen looks new. Best of all, no bubbles.
    All my phones have screen proctectors by Boxwave (I prefer the Crystal, Anti-glare leave the screen a little fuzzy).

These are thicker than most, with a washable adhesive.

I can apply them with no airbubbles with ease using the following technique.

1. In a bathroom turn on a shower to build up some humidity. The humidity takes the dust out of the air. Take in your phone, screen protector, and canned air, close the door behing you.
    2. While I'm waiting for the humidity to go up I take the brand new screen protector, remove all backings, and wash in cool water. Yes the adhesive side too.
    3. Let it dry. I use canned air to help speed things along. Make sure to not touch the adhesive side.
    4. Useing the provided cloth clean your screen. Use the canned air to make sure the screen is dust free.
    5. Without touching the adhesive side, grabbing the protecter by the edges only, drop it into place. Do not press it home.
    6. Use the provided scraper to remove any air bubbles, this will also firmly set the adhesive.

Boxwave screen protectors can be removed, wash them between applications.

When applied as described above they are invisible.

The boxwave protectors are pricy, but they work. In 3+ years I have had numerous scratched protectors, but not a single screen damaged.
    http://www.boxwave.com
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RHinNC View Post
    Fairly east to DIY.

All you need is some clear transparency film. I have 3M's PP-2500's.

Cut them a little larger than the screen and they will easily "snap" under that little edge your talking about. When I get around to it I am going to make a template so you just put the transparency in your printer, print the template, and viola a bunch of protectors.

Used this setup for years and from my first Palm Pilot to my Treo the screen looks new. Best of all, no bubbles.
    I know this is an old post (was doing a search)-
    but I thought it was important that you know that RHinNC is a freakin' genius- tried his trick with the 3M transparencies- Perfect, no smudges, no bubbles, no hot bathroom- crystal clear cover- undetectable- and NO ADHESIVE!!!

A genius, I tell ya'!!!!!
    I like the BoxWave ClearTouch. I had one on my 650 and now I use it on my 700wx.
    I also have the InvisiShield on my Treo 700wx. One of the best purchases. No scratches and peace of mind. I happened to see it on their website for $10.00 and knew that was a deal (normally more like $25) so I bought it on the spot and I love it. If the product referred to above (bestskinever) is the same then wow - amazing - only $6.99. Can't go wrong there. and no, I don't work for either of these companies. Just trying to help you save your phone's screen and body from scratches.
    So how do these skins work with the Palm dock?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    No problem - they are thin enough that they don't get in the way.
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into them more closely...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    These things last for ever:

http://www.shieldzone.com/
    Up until this device, I always used one - for years on my PDAs, Treo 650, and 700WX before I got it replaced (defective unit). Now I did not bother - and, after months, nothing wrong with the screen whatsoever.

I think the screen coatings have improved considerably.

I am not going to put one on.